What's new

Bangladesh Army

our T69s get stuck in mud..... this isn't a tank country..... even if you cross the mud, remember that you have hundreds of rivers and water-bodies to cross as well... and during such crossings, a 50-ton beast would become a pain in the back!........ even Russian-made PT-76 light tanks required local people to get out of paddy fields in 1971..... and that was December 1971.... the dry season!

our T69s get stuck in mud..... this isn't a tank country..... even if you cross the mud, remember that you have hundreds of rivers and water-bodies to cross as well... and during such crossings, a 50-ton beast would become a pain in the back!........ even Russian-made PT-76 light tanks required local people to get out of paddy fields in 1971..... and that was December 1971.... the dry season!

Bull$hit... soil is soft yet its plain. Perfect for tank battle in most of the part. Indian tank can push from Agartala and can reach Dhaka with ease. Same from western front and can overrun Jessore in less than an hour if you dont counter them with better tanks.

Bull$hit... soil is soft yet its plain. Perfect for tank battle in most of the part. Indian tank can push from Agartala and can reach Dhaka with ease. Same from western front and can overrun Jessore in less than an hour if you dont counter them with better tanks.

well, I don't like to use 'words' that you use.... anyway, I take your point "if you dont counter them".... I don't think the people of this country would ever allow that.... and also, I don't think the Indian Army has a battle plan like that, when there are much better ways to capture the country from within.... politically....

Bangladesh made assault rifle BD-08 with

* Eotech Red Dot Sight ,
* Forward Handgrip ,
* Weapon Mounted Flashlight &
* Rail interface system .

1510946_578372368914968_1869418289_n.jpg

Taken from a Chinese video:

type-81 rifle chinese military - Google Search

I am agree with you, it is all just misperception ideas about tanks with heavier tonnage (like Leopard2, Challenger, Abrams) can easily get stuck in mud or rice paddies fields and swamp. First, with their wide Caterpillar track, modern MBT have a comparable low ground pressure if we compare them with another vehicles say car, bus or even bicycle. MBT is have their support unit system to accompanied them in battlefield operations to make them working more easier in rough terrain or broken roads. That's why Vietnam still retain their large number of MBT, and so with Singapore with their Leopard2, India with their Arjun, T-90 and T-72 Bhisma, and same with us in which has already decided to operate a handful number Leopard 2s

I am agree with you, it is all just misperception ideas about tanks with heavier tonnage (like Leopard2, Challenger, Abrams) can easily get stuck in mud or rice paddies fields and swamp. First, with their wide Caterpillar track, modern MBT have a comparable low ground pressure if we compare them with another vehicles say car, bus or even bicycle. MBT is have their support unit system to accompanied them in battlefield operations to make them working more easier in rough terrain or broken roads. That's why Vietnam still retain their large number of MBT, and so with Singapore with their Leopard2, India with their Arjun, T-90 and T-72 Bhisma, and same with us in which has already decided to operate a handful number Leopard 2s
I didn't notice your comment earlier... so, just replying now....

its true that all countries require MBTs... they can do things that no other weapons can..... but its also true that not all countries' geography is the same.... have you visited Bangladesh?..... do you know that in 1971 the Indian Army mostly engaged their light mountain divisions here in Bangladesh rather than armoured divisions?..... do you know that bridging and river-crossing equipment from all over India had to be mustered for that operation?..... the point is, you have absolutely no idea how many rivers and canals there are in Bangladesh.... even if tanks do get past paddy fields, they have to cross the rivers.... and what about the supply vehicles for the armored units?.... are those amphibious or fitted with wide tank tracks?..... whichever way you think of, Bangladesh isn't a country where you can run wild with armoured units..... we don't have desert that you'll find in the India-Pakistan border, where its perfect tank country..... at best our tanks can be used defensively..... there are plenty of rural and urban cover to use tanks in ambush-style warfare..... actually its a heaven for ambush tactics..... remember that this is a heavily populated country..... there are almost too many rural and urban houses.... and almost all rural houses have one/more than one water pond for domestic use..... in 1971, when Indian paratroopers landed in Tangail area, a lot of them were rescued by local people while they were drowning in those ponds with their parachutes..... well, mostly there are only a few areas in Bangladesh where you can run with tanks..... but can't cut a wedge anywhere with an armoured column.....

Punjab is a good tank "country" but

Has a lot of canals n water systems .. Even so called rice paddys !! Doesn't stop Pakistan or even the Indians from having thousands of MBTS's ?

Back
Top Bottom