What's new

Bangladesh Army

Punjab is a good tank "country" but

Has a lot of canals n water systems .. Even so called rice paddys !! Doesn't stop Pakistan or even the Indians from having thousands of MBTS's ?
not like BD, you will see river, cannel, ponds everywhere LOL

not like BD, you will see river, cannel, ponds everywhere LOL
Modern tanks have snork n other goodies... rice padd..,ponds cannals arent a big issue... now dnt tell me the bangladesh consists of small islands ? between rivers..

Modern tanks have snork n other goodies... rice padd..,ponds cannals arent a big issue... now dnt tell me the bangladesh consists of small islands ? between rivers..
As close as it get to that, not a good tank country at all. American found out in Vietnam how difficult it is to use heavy weapons in those terrain and Bangladesh is even worse. Heavy tanks will get bogged down when they try to go off road, and in the few Tarmac roads available they will become easy targets to anti-tank crews.

why is it so difficult for people to understand that not all geographies are the same??...... and that geography plays a very important role in battle plan??..... stubborn people never make good strategists.....

this is what Geneal Jacob had to say about the terrain of Bangladesh....
Gen+JFR+Jacobs+on+BD+terrain_marked_resized.jpg

"Surrender at Dhaka: Birth of a Nation" by Lt. Gen JFR Jacob; The University Press Limited, 1997
page 55....
Lt Gen JFR Jacob, Chief of Staff of India's Eastern Army during the Bangladesh War of Liberation in 1971.....

As close as it get to that, not a good tank country at all. American found out in Vietnam how difficult it is to use heavy weapons in those terrain and Bangladesh is even worse. Heavy tanks will get bogged down when they try to go off road, and in the few Tarmac roads available they will become easy targets to anti-tank crews.

US did use armoured vehicles in vietnam.. despite the fact tht it is covered with thich tropical forest (much difficult than BD) ... And no i doubt tanks will get bogged down in BD..

US did use armoured vehicles in vietnam.. despite the fact tht it is covered with thich tropical forest (much difficult than BD) ... And no i doubt tanks will get bogged down in BD..
you can see my post #2330 to get an idea about Bangladesh terrain..... you can also ask your veteran soldiers who served here in 1971 or before that....

tanks and tank units are not the same..... a tank needs support.... and not all of that support have cross-country ability like a tank.... and even a tank needs a raft or a bridge to cross a river.... in BD terrain, one armoured brigade would need one engineering division to get from one corner of the country to its capital....

Weak and muddy soil ? Make your APC/Tank tracked
Rivers ? Make your APC/Tank amphibious

this is our river :sarcastic::sarcastic:
Bangladesh_ferry_in_Padma_river.JPG

@revojam do you think you can drive with your amphibious apc/tank through it ? :D
The weakness of amphibious vehicles are not how deep water is or how long the road rather its all about calmness of the water , they call it Sea Level.River in your photo seems to be calm enough don't underestimate amphibious capability.

Last edited:
The problem with amphibious vehicles is not how deep water is or how long the road...its all about calmness they call it Sea Level.From this photo water seems to be calm enough don't underestimate amphibious capability.

actually width of river matters because it will slow down your movement+ if enemy is just opposite side of the river and if they shoot against you, you will die in river before you reach otherside.
btw that is calm picture of the river... this is rough one (not even storm time :D )
Photo0944.jpg

Back
Top Bottom