What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Don't we need both though? In terms of constant coverage and greater range, you need these bigger and fixed radars. For example, the Kronos Land that we procured has a surveillance range of 250 km, whereas this one has 500 km.

But must agree, they shouldn't have posted the locations. I mean what's the point?

The point is they're morons, claiming to be hot shot "Defence Analysts".

Pffff, makes me laugh.

These guys ought to take those photos out of circulation and desist from releasing sensitive information from here on out.

@Michael Corleone any chance of getting SAK to do Bangladesh; our country, a favour ?

Agreed
I wonder with the introduction of ADIZ, what sort of layered air defence do they plan to have since we know very little about it, HISAR O and FM-90s would still fall under short range air defence. I am curious about mid/ long range SAM acquisition... haven’t heard much about ly-80e since 2-3 years ago
Most probably there is a waiting queue involved. Both China & Pakistan has ordered LY 80 in good number.
I am hearing FK 3 SAM might be ordered. Nothing concrete yet.
Don't we need both though? In terms of constant coverage and greater range, you need these bigger and fixed radars. For example, the Kronos Land that we procured has a surveillance range of 250 km, whereas this one has 500 km.

But must agree, they shouldn't have posted the locations. I mean what's the point?
AFAIK they are going to put Kronos Land as a gap filler radar. High mobility is a must for that.
And for long rage radars, they need not be stationary. A platform that is at least low mobility, meaning transportable by a transport aircraft, gives edge in survivality. In a small country like BD, static units are too vulnerable to anti radiation & SOM weapons.

Last edited:
The point is they're morons, claiming to be hot shot "Defence Analysts".

Pffff, makes me laugh.

These guys ought to take those photos out of circulation and desist from releasing sensitive information from here on out.

@Michael Corleone any chance of getting SAK to do Bangladesh; our country, a favour ?
If he could, we would already have had fighters

Most probably there is a waiting queue involved. Both China & Pakistan has ordered LY 80 in good number.
I would be surprised if they wasted money on that vintage

The Ministry Of Defence Plays the Vital role along procuring necessary ammenities along G2G (govt to govt) policy and Business Deals..It has been a long period it has been circulating in MOD website that Bangladesh Air Force has already procured 1 Unit Selex Ex Falco UAV under G2G from Leonardo.

To be honest On these matter Bangladesh Has been operating these platform in UN mission for surveillance and security purpose for a time now.

so,its highly assumable,that single unit will also be sent to UN mission or has already been procured for that purpose only.

Selex EX Falco has an Endurance of around 15 hrs with a payload of 100 kgs,a brief description will be published on www.defres360.com

#From news,analysis to updates,pls bookmark www.defres360.com on your PC or Phone Browser..

#TanVir

#DEFSECA EXCLUSIVE: ২০১৯ এ সংসদ অধিবেশনে গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশ সরকারের মহামান্য রাস্ট্রপতির দেয়া এক বিবৃতি থেকে আমরা জানতে পেরেছি, বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনী অবশেষে ২৪টি নতুন বেসিক ট্রেইনার এয়ারক্রাফট কেনার মাধ্যমে দীর্ঘদিন ধরে আমাদের বৈমানিকদের প্রথম প্রেমিকা পিটি-৬ বিমানকে রিপ্লেস করার কাজ শুরু করতে যাচ্ছে। বর্তমান বিশ্বে প্রায় ৪টি বেসিক মিলিটারি ট্রেইনার বিমান বেশ আলোচিত।সুইজারল্যান্ডের পিসি-২১, অস্ট্রিয়ান ডায়ামন্ড ৪০, তুরস্কের হুরকুস এবং কোরিয়ার কেটি-১। সুপার টুকেনো ৩১৪ এর দাপট সম্ভবত শেষ!

https://www.defseca.com/procurements/বাংলাদেশের-নতুন-বেসিক-ট্/

#DEFSECA #BangladeshAirForce
Budget passed for pt-6 replacement.... turkey is seriously getting a lot of purchase orders from bd lately

My friend, declaring a purchase & publishing the photograph or sat location of the installation on public forum is entirely two different matter.
First one is called transparency & second one is espionage. OSNIT intelligence works exclusively in these premise.

From the pictures he published even the dumbest enemy pilot can easily calculate the co-ordinates of the installation & use SOM to attack.
Perimeter security won't save someone from an missile attack from standoff range.

Finding shouldn't be very hard even if someone doesn't post anything on social media. Adversaries can locate it with satellite and spy network inside the country if they want.

Multi-layered air defense and jammer should be able to thwart any aerial attack. (if we get any)

FK-3 was shown in army's poster only once long time ago and that's it. They didn't show it in last MHD. I think LR-SAM topic shouldn't be discussed for now. Military has plenty options for it, at least two more will be ready including Turkish HISAR-U/Siper. If army really goes for HISAR-O right now then our military can/might also select HISAR-U/Siper later.

Finding shouldn't be very hard even if someone doesn't post anything on social media. Adversaries can locate it with satellite and spy network inside the country if they want.

Multi-layered air defense and jammer should be able to thwart any aerial attack. (if we get any)

FK-3 was shown in army's poster only once long time ago and that's it. They didn't show it in last MHD. I think LR-SAM topic shouldn't be discussed for now. Military has plenty options for it, at least two more will be ready including Turkish HISAR-U/Siper. If army really goes for HISAR-O right now then our military can/might also select HISAR-U/Siper later.
94228611_700486774020313_7119772603748712448_o.jpg

army/airforce got it early in this year(dont knw about specification though)

Hello guys I'm new here...
Baf is a hot topic now a days..so thought introduce myself here
Any lights on our mrca procurement

Hello guys I'm new here...
Baf is a hot topic now a days..so thought introduce myself here
Any lights on our mrca procurement

Welcome!

And no idea!

But I would suggest reading through the 586 pages on this thread to get some understanding of that question.

#DEFSECA EXCLUSIVE: ২০১৯ এ সংসদ অধিবেশনে গণপ্রজাতন্ত্রী বাংলাদেশ সরকারের মহামান্য রাস্ট্রপতির দেয়া এক বিবৃতি থেকে আমরা জানতে পেরেছি, বাংলাদেশ বিমান বাহিনী অবশেষে ২৪টি নতুন বেসিক ট্রেইনার এয়ারক্রাফট কেনার মাধ্যমে দীর্ঘদিন ধরে আমাদের বৈমানিকদের প্রথম প্রেমিকা পিটি-৬ বিমানকে রিপ্লেস করার কাজ শুরু করতে যাচ্ছে। বর্তমান বিশ্বে প্রায় ৪টি বেসিক মিলিটারি ট্রেইনার বিমান বেশ আলোচিত।সুইজারল্যান্ডের পিসি-২১, অস্ট্রিয়ান ডায়ামন্ড ৪০, তুরস্কের হুরকুস এবং কোরিয়ার কেটি-১। সুপার টুকেনো ৩১৪ এর দাপট সম্ভবত শেষ!

https://www.defseca.com/procurements/বাংলাদেশের-নতুন-বেসিক-ট্/

#DEFSECA #BangladeshAirForce
Budget passed for pt-6 replacement.... turkey is seriously getting a lot of purchase orders from bd lately

I will bet my smart money on the PC-21. Head and shoulders above the rest. But maybe a few dollars more expensive.

KT-1 I think not (old copy of Tucano 312 first edition), Hurkus is too new (unless we get a ToT or parts production deal) and Diamond 40 is way too slow, not even in the same class.

Diamond 40 is a basic (ab-initio) side-by-side trainer, rest of these are advanced programmable conversion trainers where you can customize flight envelopes to that of training jets like K-8 and L-39.

PC-21 is built for advanced training -- it is certainly in a different class than our basic trainer PT-6 (Nanchang CJ6A).

1080px-PC-21_%285089438327%29.jpg
30159109136_d30f33bb7f_b.jpg

To be honest - I am surprised that the Nanachang CJ-7 (or Russian equivalent Yak 152) was not considered, which comes with a very advanced German diesel engine option.
Yakovlev_Design_Bureau%2C_01%2C_Yakovlev_Yak-152_%2849581303917%29.jpg

I will bet my smart money on the PC-21. Head and shoulders above the rest. But maybe a few dollars more expensive.

KT-1 I think not (old copy of Tucano 312 first edition), Hurkus is too new (unless we get a ToT or parts production deal) and Diamond 40 is way too slow, not even in the same class.

Diamond 40 is a basic (ab-initio) side-by-side trainer, rest of these are advanced programmable conversion trainers where you can customize flight envelopes to that of training jets like K-8 and L-39.

PC-21 is built for advanced training -- it is certainly in a different class than our basic trainer PT-6 (Nanchang CJ6A).

1080px-PC-21_%285089438327%29.jpg
30159109136_d30f33bb7f_b.jpg

To be honest - I am surprised that the Nanachang CJ-7 (or Russian equivalent Yak 152) was not considered, which comes with a very advanced German diesel engine option.
Yakovlev_Design_Bureau%2C_01%2C_Yakovlev_Yak-152_%2849581303917%29.jpg
I think baf will go for hurkus in the end

Back
Top Bottom