What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Getting back to the scenario of any engagement between MyAF and BAF.

I would think Bangladesh would be defensive in posture from the very beginning.

Meaning any scenario would be Bangladesh responding to an aggressive Myanmar act.

Perhaps an airspace intrusion by helicopters or fighters?

Or aerial support of a naval skirmish?

there is one scenario where BAF F-7 can shine.

If I were a BAF high ranking officer, I would deploy 2 squadrons of F-7 in the Chittagong area, hiding with some camouflage. After the air skirmishes in Dhaka, MAF fighters would pass through the Chittagong area to return home.
I would then ambush MAF with the F-7s since at the time MAF fighters would be out of missiles. It wont matter that MAF have better radars and aircrafts, without AA missiles they are useless.

what do u think about this scenario @Avicenna @Michael Corleone ?

157221938537409543.gif

Attachments

• 157221938537409543.gif
    157221938537409543.gif
    284.2 KB · Views: 19
@waz
@Dubious
@WAJsal
Could you guys check @Tagaung ip address? I think he is @polanski who made another account which is a clear violation of rules.

Lol, what loadout would the Mig-29s have to able to travel 1300kms? The MiG-29 has a ferry range of 1,500 km without external fuel tanks, and 2,100 km with external tanks meaning that it wouldn't be able to get itself back to base with any meaningful loadout carried.

Well that is interesting. But Cox's Bazaar is being expanded as the second most important airbase. Hasn't happened yet, but build-out will continue. I believe this was included as one of the goals in the Forces Goal 2030.

"Two new airbases has been already set up - one at Cox's Bazar[48] and another is Bangabandhu airbase at Dhaka.[49][50] A new air base is being set up under southern command at Barishal to ensure maritime security. The Cox's Bazar air base will be modernized and expanded. A Maritime Air Support Operation Centre (MASOC) will be set up under southern command.[47]"

The point that I'm trying to make is that Cox's Bazaar is only roundabout 300 plus km from Meiktila. So we could launch attacks from Cox's Bazaar and not worry about range.

Well that is interesting. But Cox's Bazaar is being expanded as the second most important airbase. Hasn't happened yet, but build-out will continue. I believe this was included as one of the goals in the Forces Goal 2030.

"Two new airbases has been already set up - one at Cox's Bazar[48] and another is Bangabandhu airbase at Dhaka.[49][50] A new air base is being set up under southern command at Barishal to ensure maritime security. The Cox's Bazar air base will be modernized and expanded. A Maritime Air Support Operation Centre (MASOC) will be set up under southern command.[47]"

The point that I'm trying to make is that Cox's Bazaar is only roundabout 300 plus km from Meiktila. So we could launch attacks from Cox's Bazaar and not worry about range.
Yeah, assuming BD could get cruise missiles.

how would you pass through our air defenses??

300 km range is I believe within the MTCR limits. No?
what long-range mlrs BD is looking? I believe there is none. if there is, cited me a source (reliable one).

here is our SY-400 ballistic missiles from 2017. rumor says we already have it in our arsenal in 2018.
it has a range of 600km, we can use to strike any BD airbases.

source
https://defence-blog.com/news/myanmar-looks-to-buy-chinese-sy-400-ballistic-missile-systems.html

Cruise missile barrage would be very easy. Even Russia in Syria couldn't take 100 CMs launched towards them.
it would be, if BD has it.

by the way, check my older post where i post in Burmese in MN forums. It will make sure that I am not Polanski.

if you read the title, you will realize it is an evaluation document. it is not even a tender yet.

meaning they even haven't decided to buy it or not.

I saw a BD multirole aircraft tender back in 2017 from BD official gov websites. I haven't heard any news since then.
What i heard is there is a large gap between their expected price and real tender price.

it means evaluation letters and tenders means little in terms of BD defense procurement news.

what long-range mlrs BD is looking? I believe there is none. if there is, cited me a source (reliable one).

here is our SY-400 ballistic missiles from 2017. rumor says we already have it in our arsenal in 2018.
it has a range of 600km, we can use to strike any BD airbases.

source
https://defence-blog.com/news/myanmar-looks-to-buy-chinese-sy-400-ballistic-missile-systems.html

it would be, if BD has it.

by the way, check my older post where i post in Burmese in MN forums. It will make sure that I am not Polanski.
sy-400??!!! dont find any trustable news source regarding this purchase of urs like janes...any pics or videos just like those pics of ur recently tested ks-1M ...or in ur camos???rumors i think..nd regarding long range mlrs we have purchased type -B mlrs(120 km)...it was displayed in armed forces hardware show nd army cheif mentioned it several times..
54729740_1240338289424274_3672001071607185408_o.jpg

once it is introduced we will go for long range(280-300 km) mlrs...
*u r still using those ancient grads...sigh* :p:P

Last edited:
sy-400??!!! dont find any trustable news source regarding this purchase of urs like janes...any pics or videos just like those pics of ur recently tested ks-1M ...or in ur camos???rumors i think..nd regarding long range mlrs we have purchased type -B mlrs(120 km)...it was displayed in armed forces hardware show nd army cheif mentioned it several times..View attachment 586422

once it is introduced we will go for long range(280-300 km) mlrs...
*u r still using those ancient grads...sigh* :p:P

Guys so far this is a serious discussion and productive.

Let's continue on this trajectory - and keep this a serious discussion.

This type of war-gaming analysis is a good idea.

Apparently Myanmar is getting Su-57. :-)

About the Video above - National Interest and The Diplomat Magazine are both RAW sponsored propaganda outlets. So - please provide links to serious negotiations on this please @Tagaung ?

sy-400??!!! dont find any trustable news source regarding this purchase of urs like janes...any pics or videos just like those pics of ur recently tested ks-1M ...or in ur camos???rumors i think..nd regarding long range mlrs we have purchased type -B mlrs(120 km)...it was displayed in armed forces hardware show nd army cheif mentioned it several times..
I can guaranteed about SY-400 as i have some evidences. even KS-1 ToT was disclosed after the whole process of negotiation , technology transferring and manufacturing has been completed. So dont worry. U may see them around 2020 or 2021.

Apparently Myanmar is getting Su-57. :-)

About the Video above - National Interest and The Diplomat Magazine are both RAW sponsored propaganda outlets. So - please provide links to serious negotiations on this please @Tagaung ?
In fact, That is just a kind of marketing. what our ambassador to Russia said is Myanmar want more advanced aircraft.He never name the aircraft like Su-57. May be MiG-35 or Su-35 could also be possible.

Back
Top Bottom