What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

we already have a rumor that BAF is building sumthng based on ftc-2000g,china supplied all the necessary kits and 214 MRO unit is responsible for assembling , though bdmilitary is saying it will be a basic trainer....!!

What?! Where did you hear that rumor? It's a basic trainer BAF building in different hanger not in 214 MRO,

I think he has gone to China to buy JL-15 or FTC-2000G advanced jet trainer with TOT. Hongdu is the home for L-15 and FTC-2000G.

Most likely the tour has something to do with K-8W's local overhauling.

All our military officers are traveling to foreign countries for pleasure trip at the expense of taxpayers' money, nothing else.

He went there on an invitation of PLAAF

Last edited:
we already have a rumor that BAF is building sumthng based on ftc-2000g,china supplied all the necessary kits and 214 MRO unit is responsible for assembling , though bdmilitary is saying it will be a basic trainer....!!
Going from doing basic maintenance to assembling jets is quite a leap, one that I don't believe is possible.

Well I'll be happy if it is a FTC-2000G - which can do BVR with SD-10 missiles. Of course this pa-chata BAL govt. will probably de-fang the thing, just to please Modi.

I actually predicted that this might happen, a few years ago. The Chinese authorities were going to shut down the F-7 line and they may have had talks with BAF people. Maybe the Indians influenced Hasina and twisted her hand - so BAF never proceeded with the plan.

In Chinese PLA service this is called the Guizhou JL-9G. The intakes, wing and cockpit have been massively changed from the last version of the F-7 made. See how the wing has been enlarged and given a double delta planform, which is even larger than the double-delta wing of the last F-7 model made (supplied to BAF and PAF). Wing is almost the size of the F-15. Clearly to increase range with bag tanks and to be able to carry more munitions.

The nose has faceted structure too, kind of semi-stealth.

1689890817355.png

Going from doing basic maintenance to assembling jets is quite a leap, one that I don't believe is possible.

I have to sadly concur. They might cobble one together from imported Chinese parts and call it an "achievement".

We Made Airplane !

Last edited:
Well I'll be happy if it is a FTC-2000G - which can do BVR with SD-10 missiles. Of course this pa-chata BAL govt. will probably de-fang the thing, just to please Modi.

I actually predicted that this might happen, a few years ago. The Chinese authorities were going to shut down the F-7 line and they may have had talks with BAF people. Maybe the Indians influenced Hasina and twisted her hand.

In Chinese PLA service this is called the Guizhou JL-9G. The intakes, wing and cockpit have been massively changed from the last version of the F-7 made. See how the wing has been enlarged and given a double delta planform. The nose has faceted structure too, kind of semi-stealth.

View attachment 939967

I have to sadly concur. They might cobble one together from imported Chinese parts and call it an "achievement".

We Made Airplane !
With limited resources and skilled manpower, BAF is not in a position to manufacture a modern aircraft all by itself. So, we have to go for assembling first and then after gaining enough experience will go for manufacturing. And for jet fighter, we have no other option but to go for Chinese J-10. It's simple to maintain and cheaper than its Western counterpart.

What?! Where did you hear that rumor? It's a basic trainer BAF building in different hanger not in 214 MRO,

Most likely the tour has something to do with K-8W's local overhauling.

He went there on an invitation of PLAAF
Hasnat khan er youtube channel vai :D:D
they do overhauling too!! from overhauling to assembling, I don't think that would be much difficult for our BAF engineers.

I actually predicted that this might happen, a few years ago. The Chinese authorities were going to shut down the F-7 line and they may have had talks with BAF people. Maybe the Indians influenced Hasina and twisted her hand.

In Chinese PLA service this is called the Guizhou JL-9G. The intakes, wing and cockpit have been massively changed from the last version of the F-7 made. See how the wing has been enlarged and given a double delta planform. The nose has faceted structure too, kind of semi-stealth.

View attachment 939967

We Made Airplane !
if BAF can go ahead with this FTC-2000g project, just imagine vai, how much this will help BAL's election campaign!! nd why not, our big brothers are also doing the same...onno desh theke parts aina screw boltu tight diya koy amago plane...plane gular er naam nite chaitesi naa!! naam nile ban khamu!!

plane gular er naam nite chaitesi naa!! naam nile ban khamu!!
এণ্ডলো কি হাল তেজাস না জেএফ-১৭? বাংলায় লিখলাম যাতে ব্যান না খান।

Last edited:
Hasnat khan er youtube channel vai :D:D

Another chagol creating story out of his rear-end with help from random website's speculative article. PM and BAF officials said multiple times that it's a basic trainer. And I keep telling people not to watch garbage YT channel. :hitwall: Only DTB and DefRes is reliable right now, rest are trash.

এণ্ডলো কি হাল তেজাস না জেএফ-১৭? বাংলায় লিখলাম যাতে ব্যান না খান।

Duitai.

Last edited:
Another chagol creating story out of his rear-end with help from random website's speculative article. PM and BAF officials said multiple times that it's a basic trainer. And I keep telling people not to watch garbage YT channel. :hitwall: Only DTB and DefRes is reliable right now, rest are trash.

Duitai.
DTB কি? Never mind. Got it. Defense Technology of Bangladesh.

Last edited:

Dhaka, 24 July :- Chief of Air Staff of Bangladesh Air Force Air Chief Marshal Shaikh Abdul Hannan, BBP, BUP, nswc, fawc, psc returned Bangladesh on 23 July 2023, Sunday after an official visit to China. Mentionable that, Chief of Air Staff left Dhaka for China on 16 July 2023, Sunday for an official visit along with spouse and four entourage on an invitation of China People’s Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF).

During the visit, Chief of Air Staff of Bangladesh Air Force made a courtesy call on with General Li Shangfu, State Councilor & Defense Minister and General Chang Dingqiu, Commander of PLAAF. Besides, they exchanged views on issues like training, modernization and exchange of technology between Air Forces of the two countries. Furthermore, they have expressed willingness to deliver K-8 aircraft and essential equipments/spares for the use of BAF within shortest possible time.

Besides, Chief of Air Staff of Bangladesh Air Force visited China National Aero-Technology Import & Export Corporation (CATIC), Hongdu Aviation Industry Group, Air Force Command College (AFCC) and Aviation University of PLAAF. This visit of Chief of Air Staff will play a significant role in strengthening the existing relationship between Bangladesh Air Force and China People’s Liberation Army Air Force.

@The Ronin vai, new k-8w? bdmilitary also has reported about this!!

Everytime our air chief goes abroad he buys training aircraft and helicopters. When is he going to buy real aircraft like J-10? We have enough training jets now we need jet fighters at the soonest.

@The Ronin vai, new k-8w? bdmilitary also has reported about this!!

Everyone is "guessing" the same thing. Can't be 100% sure until we see something more solid. Also note the basic trainer simulator and Z-10 attack helicopter. If Mi-28 doesn't come then this could be a good affordable alternative for BAF.

@LKJ86

Did Bangladesh order these?

No.

Just order J-10s, fuckwits.
I blame the top brass of BAF for not buying jet fighters. These idiots don't want to fight. A bunch of cowards. When Myanmarese air force was violating our air space these BAF assholes did nothing. They didn't even send MIG-29s to patrol our air space in Chittagong Hill Tracts.

Back
Top Bottom