What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

No ask from Iranians,there is huge alternative to air power.
what happens when their supply lines are destroyed by enemy air forces ?

its not possible to have logistics center in all places ?

if airpower is useless , why do they operate their aircraft ? some of which date back to 1979 ?

what happens when their supply lines are destroyed by enemy air forces ?

its not possible to have logistics center in all places ?

if airpower is useless , why do they operate their aircraft ? some of which date back to 1979 ?

There is no alternative to airpower....period.

SAM are critical for BD and maybe should be prioritised over BAF for a while due to lack of funds....but SAM do not neutralise the need for a strong airforce.

Whilst for point defense i agree with your point, i would concentrate on medium to long range sams. If the enemy knows that action would be answered with sam attack from BD they will think twice about attacking.

From my perspective it is a failure on our part to be fighting in our soil at a point of first engagement. Even with a defensive posture we must fight in the enemies soil to exert pressure, break their logistics and win the war.

Yeah - I get your point. I don't know if our doctrine calls for pre-emptive strikes though....but taking the fight to the enemies territory is tactically always a better move.

The current Ukraine debacle is a learning lesson for sure.

Large scale use of Kalibr Missiles, use of Su-25 Ground attack jets and heli gunships and transports are classic invasion moves.

Other than the inaccuracy in some case of Russian missiles that hit civilian apt. blocks, I am happily surprised at how little collateral damage has been done.

Last edited:
Yeah - I get your point. I don't know if our doctrine calls for pre-emptive strikes though....but taking the fight to the enemies territory is tactically always a better move.

The current Ukraine debacle is a learning lesson for sure.

Large scale use of Kalibr Missiles, use of Su-25 Ground attack jets and heli gunships and transports are classic invasion moves.

Other than the inaccuracy in some case of Russian missiles that hit civilian apt. blocks, I am happily surprised at how little collateral damage has been done.
Ukraine is vast but sparsely populated... can you imagine the BD scenario... it will be a blood bath from the get go.

We absolutely need SAM arsenal as a defensive measure.

BD tactical battle plans definately seeks to take the fight to the enemy and fight in indian soil. SAM would support and assist in such proposition.

As with everything use of SAM would illicit an indian response so it wont be without cost.

At the end of the day BD position is defensive. It is served by having offensive capacity.

Ukraine is vast but sparsely populated... can you imagine the BD scenario... it will be a blood bath from the get go.

We absolutely need SAM arsenal as a defensive measure.

BD tactical battle plans definately seeks to take the fight to the enemy and fight in indian soil. SAM would support and assist in such proposition.

As with everything use of SAM would illicit an indian response so it wont be without cost.

At the end of the day BD position is defensive. It is served by having offensive capacity.

Yes - we can take a page from the Russian doctrine as seen by the recent invasion. They bypassed the auxiliary cities and quickly tried to capture the two main cities Kharkiv and Kyiv.

I am sure any adversary trying to invade us will be proceeding along similar lines, i.e. lightning strikes to capture main cities like Dhaka, Chittagong and Sylhet. As in 1971 - the main column would push in from the East.

Of course - adversaries would face far, far stiffer resistance in Bangladesh city streets from conscripts and regulars. Pitched battles would rage on for months. Would be very costly for any invader.

from

context Q&A session with British HC

Q: We know that there is a competition among the European nations to sell sophisticated jets to Bangladesh Air Force. Will the issue come up in the discussions?

A: Yes, we will be talking about equipment issues. But I don't want to get into the precise details.

Q: So you are interested in selling sophisticated military equipment to Bangladesh Armed Forces?

A: It is for Bangladesh to decide what it needs. If Bangladesh decides this is the capability it needs, it is worth saying that I think the tragedy of the last week reminded everybody that defence forces are very important to preserving sovereignty and we would certainly argue that Eurofighter will be a very good investment for preserving sovereignty. And the same thing would apply to Offshore Trovas ships.
As Bangladesh has demarcated its economic area in the Bay of Bengal and the ability to protect those maritime resources and develop the blue economy is very important. These ships could be extremely useful in delivering effective economic solutions and to enable Bangladesh to protect and exploit economic resources in the Bay of Bengal. The point is we are not thrusting these things at Bangladesh. If Bangladesh Armed Forces decide that they need particular capabilities, we are happy to make those capabilities available for Bangladesh.

Yes - we can take a page from the Russian doctrine as seen by the recent invasion. They bypassed the auxiliary cities and quickly tried to capture the two main cities Kharkiv and Kyiv.

I am sure any adversary trying to invade us will be proceeding along similar lines, i.e. lightning strikes to capture main cities like Dhaka, Chittagong and Sylhet. As in 1971 - the main column would push in from the East.

Of course - adversaries would face far, far stiffer resistance in Bangladesh city streets from conscripts and regulars. Pitched battles would rage on for months. Would be very costly for any invader.
In 71 india had success coming into Bengalis only because muktis were not their adversary. The difficulty of bringing armored corp through rivers have been difficult for all armies in the world. I would like to think our best perks is our skill in amphibious and jungle warfare which goes very well when trying to defend a nation like bd.
Also we’re more well versed in guerrilla tactics than conventional warfare and it’s effectiveness is being demonstrated in Kherson, melitopol and Kharkiv where city changed hands multiple times

Russia should retalliate by deploying the ultimate nemesis of MiG-29's - one which can ground them indefinitely - the Begum Khaleda Zia.

@F-6 enthusiast @Bilal9 @Kharap Foa
Actually F-7BG are better than Mig-29s according to some former PM

BAF F-7 pilots will be renamed ''Ghost of Gulistan'' :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom