What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Bengladesh has good relatoonship with india
Apart from water issues and migrant issues no big issue
Unless pakistan that has a key kashmir issue which it cannt let go given ideology..
So he is right to this extent

W-r-t russian equipment we all know why PAF doesnt want to induct them..look at su30 flying rate

I understand that Bangladesh has to play nice with India to some extent given geography.

But for all this talk about independence and self determination.

It's a bit ironic, given the heavy influence India has on Bangladesh.

It's just very frustrating to observe the direction Bangladesh has taken knowing what Bangladeshis are capable of.

In regards to BAF, there is NO reason why BAF can not be a formidable air power.

Other than an lack of political will.

The money is there.

The people who can make it happen are there.

It's the politicians who are fooking things up.

This is what is infuriating.

I understand that Bangladesh has to play nice with India to some extent given geography.

But for all this talk about independence and self determination.

It's a bit ironic, given the heavy influence India has on Bangladesh.

It's just very frustrating to observe the direction Bangladesh has taken knowing what Bangladeshis are capable of.

In regards to BAF, there is NO reason why BAF can not be a formidable air power.

Other than an lack of political will.

The money is there.

The people who can make it happen are there.

It's the politicians who are fooking things up.

This is what is infuriating.
Knowing india it would not want bengladesh get airforce or submarines

These are strategic weapons

India was upset even on some older dysfunctional subs

First G120TPs delivered to Bangladesh

Half December 2021, twelve Grob 120TPs basic training aircraft routed to Bangladesh on delivery to the Bangladesh Biman Bahinii (BAF, Bangladesh Air Force) via Iraklíon/Nikos Kazantzakis (Greece) and Aswan/International (Egypt).

The total order is said to be for 24 aircraft and deliveries should be completed in 2022.

In June 2021, Scramble Magazine reported on the deal that was signed by the Chief of Air Staff of the Bangladesh Armed Forces with the German company Grob for acquiring the new training aircraft.

Despite fairly recently acquired PT-6s, this may mean that the end of that type in BAF service is near.

The following G120TPs departed Mindelheim (Germany) on their way to Bangladesh. If you can add details on the construction numbers of the aircraft delivered and their allocated serials we would like to hear this at social@scramble.nl

8 December; D-EZZK, D-EZZL and D-EZZP
9 December; D-EZZH, D-EZZJ and D-EZZG
12 December; D-EZZS, D-EZZR and D-EZZN
13 December; D-EZZU, D-EZZQ and D-EZZW

Let's hope this means something someday.

On DTB a photo made by Kazi Tanjimul Islam the Grob 120TP in final colour scheme and serial 1183:
271015019_1026065111304524_3018258754044080572_n.jpg

Knowing india it would not want bengladesh get airforce or submarines

These are strategic weapons

India was upset even on some older dysfunctional subs

I remember some Pajeet was coming here questioning why we need an Air Force? He said India is there to give us "protection".

What do these idiots take us for? :lol:

Please check my posts circa 2017 in regards to "Forces Goal 2030"

Fookin joke!

Forces Joke 2030!

No fookin way BAF was gonna have 10 squadrons of anything come 2030.

Edder kono lojja shorom nai.

The morons running Bangladesh have their own agendas.

Also, its FOOKIN infuriating to see the misplaced confidence coming from Bangladeshis regarding their nation.

Making underwear can only get you so far bros.

Bangladesh just got b#itch slapped by fookin Burma.

And continues to be run by India.

And NOTHING of significance has been done in half a decade.

And then some have the audacity to belittle Pakistan inducting Chinese J-10.

Bangladeshi leadership and the people that support these impotent muppets should be ashamed.

Just one question: isn't your defense acquisition plan based on a modernization and replacement basis rather than a threat perception? I mean, the ties between our countries are more than positive at this point and Myanmar is too caught up in its own internal conflicts since the junta takeover.

Would it be pragmatic to push for too much speed at this point? just asking since there is minimal threat to you guys, somewhat like the Netherlands in Europe. They have a humungous economy but a small force that they modernized over time. Soviet fears did factor in their early development (apart from the fact that they were a powerful colonial nation), but today their modernization is chugging along in calm waters.

Just one question: isn't your defense acquisition plan based on a modernization and replacement basis rather than a threat perception? I mean, the ties between our countries are more than positive at this point and Myanmar is too caught up in its own internal conflicts since the junta takeover.

Would it be pragmatic to push for too much speed at this point? just asking since there is minimal threat to you guys, somewhat like the Netherlands in Europe. They have a humungous economy but a small force that they modernized over time. Soviet fears did factor in their early development (apart from the fact that they were a powerful colonial nation), but today their modernization is chugging along in calm waters.

Sorry for the late reply.

I used to be a peacenik when it came to defense spending for Bangladesh, considering the many other issues the country faces.

However, the reality is the events of 2017 have exposed Bangladesh as a weak nation.

It basically had 1 million people forced upon it because of a false sense of security and a lack of deterrence.

Can you imagine Myanmar to repeat those events if Bangladesh had any semblance of a military capability that it feared.

Similarly, although Bangladesh can NEVER achieve anything close to parity with India in a conventional military sense, a neutered Bangladesh relies on Indian good will.

I can imagine it being uncomfortable for New Delhi, if it had to keep in mind a militarily capable Bangladesh in its war plans. i.e. no more pushover Bangladesh.

Also, Bangladesh under allocates for defense spending as it is so there is room for improvement.

It is shameful for a nation like Bangladesh to have only 6 single seat 4th generation fighters in service.

I actually don't know how anyone in BAF or the BD government can justify such a thing.

So again, there is a lot of room for improvement.

India is NOT a friend no matter how anyone tries to explain it.

And Myanmar is run by a thuggish junta who is a danger to Bangladesh as long as they are in power.

So, yea Bangladesh better get its act together.

Nothing to do with BAF.

Just a nice video.

Gorgeous camo on both.

Hornet/SuperHornet would have been nice for BAF.

I wonder how feasible it would be just to buy up the old Kuwaiti legacy Hornets as a stopgap.

And then focus on 5th gen in a decade or so.

At this point grasping at flimsy straws to keep this thread going.

Sorry for the late reply.

I used to be a peacenik when it came to defense spending for Bangladesh, considering the many other issues the country faces.

However, the reality is the events of 2017 have exposed Bangladesh as a weak nation.

It basically had 1 million people forced upon it because of a false sense of security and a lack of deterrence.

Can you imagine Myanmar to repeat those events if Bangladesh had any semblance of a military capability that it feared.

Similarly, although Bangladesh can NEVER achieve anything close to parity with India in a conventional military sense, a neutered Bangladesh relies on Indian good will.

I can imagine it being uncomfortable for New Delhi, if it had to keep in mind a militarily capable Bangladesh in its war plans. i.e. no more pushover Bangladesh.

Also, Bangladesh under allocates for defense spending as it is so there is room for improvement.

It is shameful for a nation like Bangladesh to have only 6 single seat 4th generation fighters in service.

I actually don't know how anyone in BAF or the BD government can justify such a thing.

So again, there is a lot of room for improvement.

India is NOT a friend no matter how anyone tries to explain it.

And Myanmar is run by a thuggish junta who is a danger to Bangladesh as long as they are in power.

So, yea Bangladesh better get its act together.

We are not hostile to each other either. Sure there are a few issues that prevail but that happens between almost every neighbour. There are complications between us but they don't have to be.

As for Myanmar, Lady Luck has smiled upon your country since they are practically ineffective on their borders.

You need to be pragmatic with your defence budget; matching us combat jet to jet would be as pointless as we trying to match the USAF. While it is your money and your country to do whatever you want, a more effective strategy would be to focus on augmenting the light fighter, aerial patrol and attack helicopter fleet. To do that, you will have to increase your defence budget by a lot more.

Targeting us and arming will only push you behind at this point; we are not your adversaries.

We are not hostile to each other either. Sure there are a few issues that prevail but that happens between almost every neighbour. There are complications between us but they don't have to be.

As for Myanmar, Lady Luck has smiled upon your country since they are practically ineffective on their borders.

You need to be pragmatic with your defence budget; matching us combat jet to jet would be as pointless as we trying to match the USAF. While it is your money and your country to do whatever you want, a more effective strategy would be to focus on augmenting the light fighter, aerial patrol and attack helicopter fleet. To do that, you will have to increase your defence budget by a lot more.

Targeting us and arming will only push you behind at this point; we are not your adversaries.

I think every sovereign nation needs to maximize its ability to defend itself.

Of course there are smaller nations bordering more powerful ones but that does not mean they don't equip themselves to the best of their ability.

i.e. Finland and Russia

i.e. Sweden and Russia

i.e. Pakistan and India

i.e. Israel and the whole Middle East

Bangladesh is in a much better financial position to equip itself better.

If nothing else than to give you guys something to think about before you take advantage of us.

A militarily capable Pakistan and Bangladesh, would not be a welcome situation for you.

Although, there can never be outright animosity between India and Bangladesh due to geography, it should not lull BD into a false sense of complacency.

As for Myanmar, the damage has already been done.

Bangladesh now has to deal with a 1,000,000 person problem that could have been possibly avoided if she had a more capable armed forces and the will to stand up for itself.

But who is to say, these guys from the East may not do more to hurt BD interests in the future.

I think every sovereign nation needs to maximize its ability to defend itself.

Of course there are smaller nations bordering more powerful ones but that does not mean they don't equip themselves to the best of their ability.

i.e. Finland and Russia

i.e. Sweden and Russia

i.e. Pakistan and India

i.e. Israel and the whole Middle East

Bangladesh is in a much better financial position to equip itself better.

If nothing else than to give you guys something to think about before you take advantage of us.

A militarily capable Pakistan and Bangladesh, would not be a welcome situation for you.

Although, there can never be outright animosity between India and Bangladesh due to geography, it should not lull BD into a false sense of complacency.

As for Myanmar, the damage has already been done.

Bangladesh now has to deal with a 1,000,000 person problem that could have been possibly avoided if she had a more capable armed forces and the will to stand up for itself.

But who is to say, these guys from the East may not do more to hurt BD interests in the future.

Well, defense is every nation's right and you're right there. You guys spend about $4 billion annually, which requires pragmatic purchase planning & identifying critical areas such as air defense, border monitoring and close air support (CAS). It is quite strange that some members here are talking about heavy offensive firepower that is usually present with larger forces.

As for the Indian military, our focus is exclusively on China and Pakistan. The only concern that is exhibited by BSF and state police authorities on the border are the traffickers, drug & cattle smugglers which is an issue. Barring that, there is no security issue, keeping in mind that the long-standing exclave and enclave issue was peacefully resolved between our countries.

heard you all like trainers , this sounds like a good F-7 replacement (with some ToT) for me at least (those of you who dream of J-10, F-16, Gripen need to be realistic) to complement whater EFT/Rafale BAF gets

This is going to sound cliche, but i wouldnt expect any major purchases like subs,frigates,MRCA before the national ''elections'' (as if we have those anymore lol ). :rofl: :rofl:

The gov may hold back from making major deals with EU/US until the ''election'' to get legitimacy

If this is reflective of the state of mind of a "supposed" leader in the Bangladesh Defense Analysis community (childishness and pettiness as well as misplaced confidence)
This distinguished author (who has written many informative books about PLAAF and Chinese fighter aircraft) seems to have had enough of this DEFSECA constant BS
1642118624027.png

Back
Top Bottom