What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Genius even in 1944 US had much capital and smart labour compared to 1994 Bangladesh small air force, it was a disaster, there is absolutely no need to argue after the example of "Typhoon Cobra" example nor would I be replying, good day.
This is my last post here, did the US have the technology to discover a massive hurricane heading their way? NOPES. They did not have the tech in 1944. When there were zero satellites up in the air.

I give up.
drop the topic :coffee:

As PAF is committed towards replacing their 138+ F-7P/PG(with 50+ F-7PGs) and about 50 A-5Cs already replaced with 150 JF-17s. Then BAF can buy PAF origin F-7PGs to complement their fleet also sell of their own retired F-7Ms to the users.

A-5s have been phased out..

As PAF is committed towards replacing their 138+ F-7P/PG(with 50+ F-7PGs) and about 50 A-5Cs already replaced with 150 JF-17s. Then BAF can buy PAF origin F-7PGs to complement their fleet also sell of their own retired F-7Ms to the users.
:crazy: no point of getting more 3rd gen aircraft

It is fascinating to see Bangladeshis vying for foreign powers to set up mil bases in their homeland.... I am not sure if they are aware of the price it comes with...

Hmm i can smell another Wa or Kachin rebels scenarios like was happened in Myanmar, if Bangladesh let the Chinese get their feet in Bangladesh to put Dhaka under pressure from Beijing

:crazy: no point of getting more 3rd gen aircraft

While this does have some logic - air forces typically have two approaches towards purchasing aircraft. One is to purchase a smaller number of highly advanced sophisticated aircraft (like the PAF F-16s or IAF Su-30MKIs) and also to have a 'force-multiplier' option by having a larger number of relatively simpler aircraft (like the PAF A-5c Fantan, F-7P/PG or IAF Mig-21s).

In case of Bangladesh, it would be Mig-29 (being upgraded to SMT version) for former role and F-7BG for the latter role.

I don't think you could use trainer aircraft (L-39, K-8, Yak-130, Alenia M-346) as force-multipliers because their flight envelope doesn't allow it. They may substitute nicely as COIN (counter insurgency) use however.

Older F-7PGs may be utilized as cannibalization sources to keep our F-7BGs flying. We do need a large number of F-7BGs to keep the aircraft count up. In that case - local capability have to be upgraded to overhaul Wopen turbojets used in these machines. And like the OP mentioned, F-7M's can be sold off to airforces still flying them.

I see A-5c's to be not as useful because these were already based on 60's technology (F-6 or Mig-19) and leave a lot to be desired aerodynamically.

Last edited:
While this does have some logic - air forces typically have two approaches towards purchasing aircraft. One is to purchase a smaller number of highly advanced sophisticated aircraft (like the PAF F-16s or IAF Su-30MKIs) and also to have a 'force-multiplier' option by having a larger number of relatively simpler aircraft (like the PAF A-5c Fantan, F-7P/PG or IAF Mig-21s).

In case of Bangladesh, it would be Mig-29 (being upgraded to SMT version) for former role and F-7BG for the latter role.

I don't think you could use trainer aircraft (L-39, K-8, Yak-130, Alenia M-346) as force-multipliers because their flight envelope doesn't allow it. They may substitute nicely as COIN (counter insurgency) use however.

Older F-7PGs may be utilized as cannibalization sources to keep our F-7BGs flying. We do need a large number of F-7BGs to keep the aircraft count up. In that case - local capability have to be upgraded to overhaul Wopen turbojets used in these machines. And like the OP mentioned, F-7M's can be sold off to airforces still flying them.

I see A-5c's to be not as useful because these were already based on 60's technology (F-6 or Mig-19) and leave a lot to be desired aerodynamically.
we will have enough 2nd catagory active aircraft inventory: 24 Yak 130+ 9 K-8 + 32 (F-7BGI and BG)= 65 units
now BD is looking for 160 units of 1st catagory active aircrafts.

we will have enough 2nd catagory active aircraft inventory: 24 Yak 130+ 9 K-8 + 32 (F-7BGI and BG)= 65 units
now BD is looking for 160 units of 1st catagory active aircrafts.

Chengdu J-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
F-7BG1
Maximum speed:
Mach 2.0 (2,200 km/h (1,189 knots, 1,375 mph)) IAS

Yakovlev Yak-130 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maximum speed: 1,050 km/h (644 mph)

Yak-130 is only good for training and COIN like Bilal9 said above. Look at the maximum speed.

Chengdu J-7 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
F-7BG1
Maximum speed:
Mach 2.0 (2,200 km/h (1,189 knots, 1,375 mph)) IAS

Yakovlev Yak-130 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Maximum speed: 1,050 km/h (644 mph)

Yak-130 is only good for training and COIN like Bilal9 said above. Look at the maximum speed.
:hitwall:
speed is not everything. Yak 130 is far more superior interms of armaments and avionics.
F-7BGI is more for ground attack role like Yak-130.
Studdy about Yak-130. it is not just trainer, it is also ground attacker.

PAF might have about 55+ F-7PGs which are good like BDs have. They are cheap to operated and have quite similarity in terms of Airframe and Engine with F-7M/Ps to be used as spares for keeping up the F-7MG/PGs in Air. More over, BDs can request Chinese to upgrade all of the F-7BG/PGs with latest Avionics and Sensors so that it can use modern Chinese/Russian and NATO origin weapon systems.

Also there are plenty of A-5s in Chinese inventory that might have retired and I am sure BDs can gain it as Aircraft and as spares from China and Pakistan with again some atest Avionics and Sensors which would be helpful in keeping the fleet numbers up and running just like some African Nations are doing.
good then , do it for yourself. it will save your money

I think BDs should understand that they should have a supportive Air Force, Although they might be looking for some more capable fighter which is really a good idea. But in the mean time they should opt for more F-7MGs and A-5IIIs even from China with Avionics and weapons package; I am sure China might be able to supply surplus Aircraft Free of Cost as spares and even BDs can gain spares from other operators of F-7s and A-5s from all over the world for Cheap.
stop the nonsense now, enough said. same bla bla again and again.

Well in My assesment, Bangladesh Should be looking for 50 odd Mig35 as air superiority Fighters with Adder BVRs from Russia and 100 JF17/FC1 with SD10s Multirole Fighters and Upgrade the existing fleet to be used as long as possible before future procurements. As a start towards Modernization into a formidable airforce, and think of any kind of defence against any Indian Aggression.But ofcourse if they are interested to spend that much in Defence Budget and most importantly if they can afford.
Bengali Experts can give better opinnion.

Well in My assesment, Bangladesh Should be looking for 50 odd Mig35 as air superiority Fighters with Adder BVRs from Russia and 100 JF17/FC1 with SD10s Multirole Fighters and Upgrade the existing fleet to be used as long as possible before future procurements. As a start towards Modernization into a formidable airforce, and think of any kind of defence against any Indian Aggression.But ofcourse if they are interested to spend that much in Defence Budget and most importantly if they can afford.
Bengali Experts can give better opinnion.

If they act on your opinion Bangladesh will be bankrupt next day...

We should gift some of our f7-pg to BAF... But only when RAWAMI league is out of govt...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom