What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Ow I really wouldn't use wiki as a reference cause anyone can edit it dude
There are many other websites showing the same range....:enjoy:
https://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/china/pl-15.htm
IMG_20200727_165714.jpg

Where as a j10c is comparable to a block 50... completely different class

Jf17 is an old Chinese project that itself stems from a old single engine Soviet project... blueprints brought and further developed, similar to j10
Tbh I don't like Chinese aircrafts at all. Most Chinese aircrafts are modified versions of Russian aircrafts.

BAF 99-5480 was outside for a while at midday, then pushed back inside. Her tiles are now complete on both sides, but there is an ongoing work on the wing.

115816693_772336933307206_868221130382358402_o.jpg

116264649_772338239973742_422802372056049193_o.jpg

UAV's are coming in this year...but without armaments
Wing long 2 you’re talking about?

Probably Falco UAV

If true another utterly pointless purchase.
Every nation buys stuff for its defense. Use in UN missions should be off secondary concern.

Why are we buying these.... we have minimal missile or air capacity. We should have bought armed UAV to help with both these deficiencies.

I just dont see the point in having these. If we see an enemy we have no way of hitting them. Its the same as all the investments in radars or YAKs. The only logical reason for having them is to give the leadership some time to run away.

Utterly nonsensical.

Mission requirement and operating cost!! You don't always need an UCAV for doing surveillance in small area for short time with no threat present. You need different types of UAV just like you need two type of MRCAs or various types of SAM. You don't shoot down helicopter with S-400 nor you use Mi-171sh for MSAR role. You think UN mission is secondary where our soldiers are at risk most?! Are you serious?! Don't go dictate yourself what BAF needs or not every time.

Last edited:

Jf17 is an old Chinese project that itself stems from a old single engine Soviet project... blueprints brought and further developed, similar to j10
We are using F-16 Block 50/52 + for last 12 years....the experience of thousands of flight hours of pilots is applied in the manufacturing of jft block 3....
As far as design is concerned the JF-17 is designed by the Ace designer Yang wei....the Mig-33 blue prints were used only for the concept of design just like Mig-1.44 used to make J-20.
images (8).jpeg
images (9).jpeg

I hope you will write educated
Post ahead.

BAF 99-5480 was outside for a while at midday, then pushed back inside. Her tiles are now complete on both sides, but there is an ongoing work on the wing.

115816693_772336933307206_868221130382358402_o.jpg

116264649_772338239973742_422802372056049193_o.jpg

Probably Falco UAV

Mission requirement and operating cost!! You don't always need an UCAV for doing surveillance in small area for short time with no threat present. You need different types of UAV just like you need two type of MRCAs or various types of SAM. You don't shoot down helicopter with S-400 nor you use Mi-171sh for MSAR role. You think UN mission is secondary where our soldiers are at risk most?! Are you serious?! Don't go dictate yourself what BAF needs or not and embarrass yourself.
Yo dude, why do they clear coat the entire plane but leave a square matte? Kind of weird. Seen it in c130b too until they got repainted

We are using F-16 Block 50/52 + for last 12 years....the experience of thousands of flight hours of pilots is applied in the manufacturing of jft block 3....
As far as design is concerned the JF-17 is designed by the Ace designer Yang wei....the Mig-33 blue prints were used only for the concept of design just like Mig-1.44 used to make J-20.
View attachment 655828 View attachment 655829
I hope you will write educated
Post ahead.
Jf17 stems from the super 7 project based on blueprints the Chinese bought off USSR before it’s collapse
So most of it is developed by the Chinese, Pakistan for its share invested in the development project and now has 52% share in the project
Anyways this is irrelevant to the point of our discussion, you claimed jf17 is gamechanger compared to j10, I just put forward the facts
Oh and j20 has no little basis on mig 1.44, rather cyber espionage helped China with F22/35 blueprints

They’re getting Kronos and ground master 400... weird why from two different source

They’re getting Kronos and ground master 400... weird why from two different source

Different types of radar with different range for different party. Kronos is a C-band radar with 250km range and GM-400 is a S-band with 470km range. I don't remember which page said it (most likely DTB or Defseca) but remember them saying before that GM-400 is for army.

Last edited:
Yo dude, why do they clear coat the entire plane but leave a square matte? Kind of weird. Seen it in c130b too until they got repainted

Jf17 stems from the super 7 project based on blueprints the Chinese bought off USSR before it’s collapse
So most of it is developed by the Chinese, Pakistan for its share invested in the development project and now has 52% share in the project
Anyways this is irrelevant to the point of our discussion, you claimed jf17 is gamechanger compared to j10, I just put forward the facts
Oh and j20 has no little basis on mig 1.44, rather cyber espionage helped China with F22/35 blueprints

JF-17 is a good aircraft for its price. They destroyed Indian SU-30 last year and proved to be combat efficient

Different types of radar with different range for different party. Kronos is a C-band radar with 250km range and GM-400 is a S-band with 470km range. I don't remember which page said it (most likely DTB or Defseca) but remember them saying before that GM-400 is for army.
Later they said not gm400..army is getting GM 200 if I remember correctly

PAF fought in 1948 1965 1971 1980s with
Soviets Israeli and Indian air force and shoot down their planes. Continually fighting for last 20 years with Taliban.On 27 feb jft locked at least 10 targets but the fire order did not come.

Pakistan has 52% share of jft development go do some study! The jft of MAF with Ruby serial numbers were built in PAC.

J-10 has Chinese Avionics on the other hand jft has western Avionics Tailor built for Pakistan and can be integrated with any western radar, missile and Pod....like Aselsan Pod from Turkey AIM-9 L sidewinder....In short This Dragon has now able to take down EFT Rafale and Gripen with Block 3 upgrade.

The simplest definition of jft is an F-16 block 15 (remember the Block 15 word) with the different body and a glass cockpit .... I am sure any wise person will have his answer with this definition.

PAF never fought the russians directly in afganistan. In wars with india PAF fought well but never had any range to do critical damage....same as IAF never had range barring in BD in 1971.

PAF fought the talibans as a support role to your army. Do the talibans have any airforce.

My point was there has not been an airwar between any equally matched nation in ages, and I maintain that.

You are mistaken if you think I am criticizing the JF17. Its a good development for you and you have created something that have gotten you out of the bind that US put you in. You may have paid for 52% of the cost of development but that does not translate to innovation. JF17 is run on RD93 sourced by the Chinese from the russians or ws-13 which is still an experimental engine.

To the best of my knowledge you do not have capacity to develop jet engines, radars, EW suites or the body frames. You have capacity to assemble and tinker with them certainly but you do not have the tecnological base to create them from scratch. Neither does china fully yet but probably will do in a decade.

Only nations with full capacity to develop a fighter remains the US, UK, France, Russia and possibly Japan but i have my doubt on the last one.

JF17 is the product of bought in tech from many sources. That does not matter, the main thing is it works. JF17 vs J10 question in my mind is settled on the basis of where china is compared to pakistan in terms of tech.

Is F16 comparible to JFT? unless it went against one and beat it we do not know. Is JFT or J10 of any block comparible to similar blocks of EFT or raffles.... almost certainly not.

Last edited:

i agree with you about old project but then every plane is old program of some fighter jet . its not means anythign sir

for example f-16 then
YF-16-F0.jpg

f-16 now
final_airtoairloadout_steveotte_lowreswithchute.jpg.pc-adaptive.1920.medium.jpeg

jf-17 as project super-7
ELRIO1uXkAAg5_L.jpg

jf-17 now
DCS-JF-17-Thunder-Guide.jpg

The stealth technology is from 1980s nearly 40 years old from F-117 Night Hawk.
images (10).jpeg
images (11).jpeg

It took Chinese 40 years to understand/copy this technology but yet still can not fully compare able with F-22 Raptor.
A far as your cyber theory is concerned these stealth fighter were mainly built in Nevada air base the Area 51....with highly secured area of the whole world....China would not be able to stole this information....
Chinese always copy and modify designs just like
Su-27----J-11 J-16Su-34----J-15Mig-21----J-7 IAI lavi---J-10.
Which aircraft BAF goona purchase????

The stealth technology is from 1980s nearly 40 years old from F-117 Night Hawk.
View attachment 655972 View attachment 655973
It took Chinese 40 years to understand/copy this technology but yet still can not fully compare able with F-22 Raptor.
A far as your cyber theory is concerned these stealth fighter were mainly built in Nevada air base the Area 51....with highly secured area of the whole world....China would not be able to stole this information....
Chinese always copy and modify designs just like
Su-27----J-11 J-16Su-34----J-15Mig-21----J-7 IAI lavi---J-10.
Which aircraft BAF goona purchase????
@Michael Corleone and @JohnWick do you guys read about Italian renaissance ? Leonardo da vinci / michelangelo/rafael all these greatest artists were copy paster of Greek arts . they were making copies of ancient greet art many years . and then days came when they start making art better then original Greek art and became legends of world .humanity survived on copy of knowledge all of our history is full of copy paste and then make things better then original . how many tech USA and west/USSR stole or took from Germany after ww2 ? i think humanity continue with copy of past and making things better for future . its because world is now more sensitive about intellectual property rights that is why its being noted .china will cross US and west TECH one day if they keep working this speed .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom