What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

#BAHExclusive | FATTY HAS ARRIVED | GETS A SPECIAL FLY PAST AND WATER CANNON SALUTE BY AIR FORCE | The first C-130J Super Hercules (S3-AGE) of Bangladesh Air Force has just landed 15 minutes ago at Dhaka Hazrat Shah Jalal International Airport! She was given a special fly past and a water cannon salute upon her arrival at BAF Base Bangabandhu. A special ceremony is being held there for the arrival of the C-130J in the presence of the Defence Minister and Air Force Chief.

She was ferried from Cambridge, England via Greece and Muscat. Four more C-130J series are on order and the next 'Fatty' is expected in September.

© Photo: M Shahriar Sonet

69454494_781550308929511_74014651720925184_n.jpg

69262097_2380177442030768_1556411885107019776_n.jpg

69075107_2380134312035081_3336133898915545088_n.jpg

69075574_2380187792029733_3170369120730349568_n.jpg

PC-DTB

69168862_474434346467606_3323662391924752384_n.jpg

69182140_781550298929512_4247794291503529984_n.jpg

69140930_781550358929506_1908532923443707904_n.jpg

Beautiful (and very important transport ) bird ……… Congratulation BD-Airforce..
And on fighter Jets …….. I will say what I said before …..
  • For single engine go for J-10...… Custom(er) build it as J-10B(Bangladesh) , J-10 are way cheaper then F-16s and Gripen …… BD-Airforce can have 60+ of them in 5 to 7 years .. Remember J-10 is Chinees main fighter jet so they will keep investing Billion of $$ in R&D for future upgrades ..
  • For Heavy go for EFT …….. BD can easily afford it .. start buying 8 Jets per 2 years in this way you guys can have 30 to 40 birds in 10+ years ……….
  • You guys already have LIFT.....
Rest it is all up to you people...……….. You guys have Money ……. Just need will …….. Don't waist time you are already 10= years late...……..

Whats "Magic P"?

Also, I don't really care too much about Block 70/72 F-16 or Tranche 3 Eurofighters.

Just get either of those and I will be happy.

Either of those will give the BAF a MAJOR qualitative edge on Myanmar.
Well in Russia, there's a saying every deal can be done through magic pu$$y. India had enough of Russian girl and lousy fighter jet.

F-16V is advanced fighter jet with fifth gen radar and techs from F-35.
Eurofighter Tranche 3 is very best Europe has to offer.
Gripen has the best EW capability among all 4.5 Gen Fighter and low RCS.
F/A-18 Advanced Super Hornet has the best RCS advantage against any Russian fighter jets.

Gripen, F-16V and F/A-18 Advanced Super Hornet are same price range. Typhoon is pricey but can do lot of damages.

Bangladesh is a big time waster on a cup of tea and cricket. They discuss a lot, chit-chat and do nothing. A military organization should forget at least some of civilian bad habits but Bangladesh Air Guard is following civilian tradition. Chit-chat but do nothing.

As much as all of us like to give BAF the benefit of doubt the fact is it has no doctrine. Its leadership is poor and it is not fit for purpose. An airforce that gets wiped out by a storm because they can not be bothered to move aircraft is really not an airforce.

BAF is the joke of the region. I fundamentally believe it needs to disbanded, its assets assigned to BA as its logistics arm and for us to start again.

The Rohingya debacle did not prove anything that was not already known. Who here was suprised by the turn of events as it relates to india and china?

Has BD learned anything from it.....not a single thing. Has it lead to realignment in strategy in any manner....no not at all. Will BAF continue to pretend it is competent force....yes by prioritising the creation of an aerobatics team.
When ur political leadership is sold to India then, what u expect india ill let u buildup some sharp force?
No thy won't, bt rohingia problem would hve let BD getting supported by turkey, Pakistan and many Arabs would be donating to ur defence once u hve taken a stand against Burmas unjust genocide of poor Muslim rohingias?
U waited and waited, and let Burma kills as many as thy wanted?
U could hve supported, them with training and weapons to fight back and u would hve created a stratigical importance for urself in the region?
Bt u look, u did noting cause ur PM is a bangla version of MODI? and she don't want BD become strong by military?
So here we r, why u need a big airforce to fight whom?
Bumra, India or urself?
I think with tht PM in power, we can expect tht some day she may announce tht, there is no need for having a army airforce, or navy better make a confederation with India and let mother india do BD defence?

When ur political leadership is sold to India then, what u expect india ill let u buildup some sharp force?
No thy won't, bt rohingia problem would hve let BD getting supported by turkey, Pakistan and many Arabs would be donating to ur defence once u hve taken a stand against Burmas unjust genocide of poor Muslim rohingias?
U could hve supported, them with training and weapons to fight back and u would hve created a stratigical importance for urself in the region?
Bt u look, u did noting cause ur PM is a bangla version of MODI? and she don't want BD become strong by military?
Bumra, India or urself?
I think with tht PM in power, we can expect tht some day she may announce tht, there is no need for having a army airforce, or navy better make a confederation with India and let mother india do BD defence?
Bangladesh can not compromise its economy for Rohingya or Burma. The timing is very important for us and we dont want no disturbances. There will be plenty of time for war after we have enough money to buy or make stuffs instead of charity from Arabs.

Aha people now dreaming about a full western fleet, putting all egg in one basket while the actual scenario on the ground looks totally different. The way everyone talking it seems like BAF suddenly found a money tree. :lol::rolleyes: Not so long ago people were crying about some kinda pilot shortage and the delay might happen till 2021-22. If BAF decides to decorate the whole fleet with western fighters that would take years to train our pilots for that. Wonder if people or our adversaries have patience for that. :rolleyes: Anyway i am happy if they manage to do the whole thing within 2030, would love to see two of my love F-16 and F-18 in our fleet. Finger crossed for the best. :enjoy:

68962713_2076155916026095_4724980912029171712_n.jpg

https://www.defseca.com/systems/baf-stepping-in-to-the-future-with-ef2000/

I tried to cut and paste the article but it wouldn't let me.

How reliable is this website?

BD Military 2.0 run by you know who. According him it's a gift to the "Kamla" jati. And yet he charges two dollar again for an article. :lol: Forget what you shared he already posted this to keep him one step ahead if anything good happen in any case.

https://www.defseca.com/procurement...SxnijL2mKNsI05z7j_j7wu-WKSyejZlI2cyBJL_5oSsxE

Last edited:
Aha people now dreaming about a full western fleet, putting all egg in one basket while the actual scenario on the ground looks totally different. The way everyone talking it seems like BAF suddenly found a money tree. :lol::rolleyes: Not so long ago people were crying about some kinda pilot shortage and the delay might happen till 2021-22. If BAF decides to decorate the whole fleet with western fighters that would take years to train our pilots for that. Wonder if people or our adversaries have patience for that. :rolleyes: Anyway i am happy if they manage to do the whole thing within 2030, would love to see two of my love F-16 and F-18 in our fleet. Finger crossed for the best. :enjoy:

BD Military 2.0 run by you know who. According him it's a gift to the "Kamla" jati. And yet he charges two dollar again for an article. :lol: Forget what you shared he already posted this to keep him one step ahead if anything good happen in any case.

https://www.defseca.com/procurement...SxnijL2mKNsI05z7j_j7wu-WKSyejZlI2cyBJL_5oSsxE

LOL.

Eurofighters, F-16s, F-18s......wow.

This is called carpet bombing with info and hoping something sticks.

In anycase, I hope it is true that BAF is looking towards non Chinese and Russian options.

It would allow Bangladesh to capitalize on an option not available to Myanmar.

Can you imagine the game changing effects of the introduction of a reasonable amount of a Western sourced fighter.

It would be a major upgrade for the BAF.

And a MAJOR source of deterrence for any further belligerent actions by Myanmar.

this video has all the answers.. ..in this video,air chief talks about a cost effective fighter nd it will certainly be mig-35..nd a bad fighter i presume..with this current state of baf ,mig-35 will be a huge boost ..

Bumra, India or urself?

I do not agree with you for the simple reason that facts on the ground suggests otherwise.

Bangladesh Navy has expanded exponentially over the last 5 years, Bangladesh Army has steadily expanded in size and capacity. This is due to the leadership of those forces under the same political masters

BAFs failure is entirety as a result of poor leadership not because of a lack of political support.

Regarding Rohingya....india and chinas response was entirely predicatable, both are islamaphobic nations. BD could have gone down the war path but at an economic cost. It chose the lesser economic cost which is to host the rohingya.

The sad truth is BD can not rely on any muslim country to assist least of all Pakistan. You are heavily endebted and aligned to china...it was a wasteful boast that Pakistan would have helped. I do not doubt the sincerety of the PK people but the government would not be free to assist.

Turkey has its handful with syria and internal issue with the gulinists. Saudi is unsucessfully prosecuting multiple wars internally and externally...they are in no position to directly assist Bangladesh.

We knew the only help we would get is humanitarian. BD opened its border and helped and continue to help the Rohingyas.

I absolutely do not like Hasina but she is no Modi. BD is seeking to be an economic power first and there is cross party consensus for that aim.

BD is progressing in many paths and failing in others. BAF is one of the most glaring failures and from what I see the reason is managerial ineptitude.

Last edited:
I do not agree with you for the simple reason that facts on the ground suggests otherwise.

Bangladesh Navy has expanded exponentially over the last 5 years, Bangladesh Army has steadily expanded in size and capacity. This is due to the leadership of those forces under the same political masters

BAFs failure is entire as a result of poor leadership not because of a lack of political support.

Regarding Rohingya....india and chinas response was entirely predicatable, both are islamaphobic nations. BD could have gone down the war path but at an economic cost. It chose the lessor economic cost which is to host the rohingya.

The sad truth is BD can not rely on any muslim country to assist least of all Pakistan. You are heavily endebted and aligned to china...it was a wasteful boast that Pakistan would have helped. I do not doubt the sincerety of the PK people but the government would not be free to assist.

Turkey has its handful with syria and internal issue with the gulinists. Saudi is unsucessfully prosecuting multiple wars internally and externally...they are in no position to directly assist Bangladesh.

We knew the only help we would get is humanitarian. BD opened its border and helped and continue to help the Rohingyas.

I absolutely do not like Hasina but she is no Modi. BD is seeking to be an economic power first and there is cross party consensus for that aim.

BD is progressing in many paths and failing in others. BAF is one of the most glaring failures and from what I see the reason is managerial ineptitude.

Agree with many points.

But BD needs an airforce.

BAF has to be addressed.

If the BN and BA are competent that means competent people exist in BD. (Obviously).

So then fix the BAF and see the results.

BTW, that MRCA tender was a fiasco.

What moron came up with that one?

No Arab country ever received ToT for Typhoon. This is most likely corruption
cost. That's what happened all Typhoon deal with Saudi. Saudi prince received £1.5B for Typhoon deal.
Do you have sufficient prove to justify your claims?

You know I used to think you’re an avid bdmilitary fan, especially of you know who

this video has all the answers.. ..in this video,air chief talks about a cost effective fighter nd it will certainly be mig-35..nd a bad fighter i presume..with this current state of baf ,mig-35 will be a huge boost ..
All these claims about mig 35, j10, f16, f18, gripen, eft... etc what I reckon (and I have no proof to backup my claim, nor am I saying this on behalf of bdmilitary) I reckon mig 35 has a big chance to make up the backbone of our fleet... eft certainly has a chance, especially UK’s tranche 1 examples. But I don’t think gripen has any chance neither does f18 and any other crap.

What moron came up with that one?
Probably the same kind of civilian govt official who wanted his cut from daddy Russia and India...

All these claims about mig 35, j10, f16, f18, gripen, eft... etc what I reckon (and I have no proof to backup my claim, nor am I saying this on behalf of bdmilitary) I reckon mig 35 has a big chance to make up the backbone of our fleet... eft certainly has a chance, especially UK’s tranche 1 examples. But I don’t think gripen has any chance neither does f18 and any other crap.
If they offer it with open architecture & a free hand to choose radar, electronics & weapon suit of our liking(I.e. Chinese) it won't be that bad tbh.

Probably the same kind of civilian govt official who wanted his cut from daddy Russia and India...

Don't blame the civil administration on this.

We all very well know that BAF leadership is incompetent enough for themselves. They don't need a hand from a civil bureaucrat on that.

If they offer it with open architecture & a free hand to choose radar, electronics & weapon suit of our liking(I.e. Chinese) it won't be that bad tbh.

Don't blame the civil administration on this.

We all very well know that BAF leadership is incompetent enough for themselves. They don't need a hand from a civil bureaucrat on that.
Yes the final production model at MAKS show open architecture, new tail, stabilizers, wings and aesa radar capable.

Well I agree but there’s a mix of both.

Do you have a transcript of the video in English?

Yes the final production model at MAKS show open architecture, new tail, stabilizers, wings and aesa radar capable.

Well I agree but there’s a mix of both.
Russian have shown AESA radar since 2016. Ref http://www.airrecognition.com/index...adar-test-phase-scheduled-for-early-2019.html

The new AESA radar is called Zhuk-AME or FGA50, he added. "An export-oriented prototype of the Zhuk-AME was unveiled two years ago, at the Airshow China 2016 exhibition," said the source.

Why did not use it themselves or delivered to Egypt? Answer from the same article:

"Phazotron-NIIR is finishing the manufacturing of the first AESA radar for the MiG-29. We are finishing the assembling of the unit. It will be delivered to the RSK MiG Corporation [a subsidiary of the United Aircraft Corporation] that will integrate it onto a specially prepared fighter jet. The tests of the radar are scheduled for early 2019," said the source.

Russian Zhuk isn't ready now. PERIOD. Russian has shown the same radar MAKS 2019 as Russian does all the time. Putin has shown the animated video of nuclear power missile striking in Florida. That missile exploded in Russia during the test causing high radiation in some parts of Europe. Good Luck with Russian AESA radar.

There is zero chance that Bangladesh can afford Typhoon either. Let's assume Bangladesh financed through British bank UK Export Finance like Qatar then it will cost almost 2.5 billion pound buy 12 Typhoon in a complete packaged deal. Qatar is paying 5 billion pound for 24 Typhoon in a complete packaged deal.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-b...l-to-sell-typhoon-jets-to-qatar-idUKKCN1LY261

Do you have a transcript of the video in English?

Russian have shown AESA radar since 2016. Ref http://www.airrecognition.com/index...adar-test-phase-scheduled-for-early-2019.html

The new AESA radar is called Zhuk-AME or FGA50, he added. "An export-oriented prototype of the Zhuk-AME was unveiled two years ago, at the Airshow China 2016 exhibition," said the source.

Why did not use it themselves or delivered to Egypt? Answer from the same article:

"Phazotron-NIIR is finishing the manufacturing of the first AESA radar for the MiG-29. We are finishing the assembling of the unit. It will be delivered to the RSK MiG Corporation [a subsidiary of the United Aircraft Corporation] that will integrate it onto a specially prepared fighter jet. The tests of the radar are scheduled for early 2019," said the source.

Russian Zhuk isn't ready now. PERIOD. Russian has shown the same radar MAKS 2019 as Russian does all the time. Putin has shown the animated video of nuclear power missile striking in Florida. That missile exploded in Russia during the test causing high radiation in some parts of Europe. Good Luck with Russian AESA radar.

There is zero chance that Bangladesh can afford Typhoon either. Let's assume Bangladesh financed through British bank UK Export Finance like Qatar then it will cost almost 2.5 billion pound buy 12 Typhoon in a complete packaged deal. Qatar is paying 5 billion pound for 24 Typhoon in a complete packaged deal.

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-b...l-to-sell-typhoon-jets-to-qatar-idUKKCN1LY261

If Bangladesh were to get any Typhoon it would almost certainly be used.

Probably ex-UK, Italian, or Spanish Tranche 1 aircraft.

Do you have sufficient prove to justify your claims?

You know I used to think you’re an avid bdmilitary fan, especially of you know who

Here is evidence that British authorities cancelled corruption investigation to sale Eurofighter Typhoon https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2006/dec/15/saudiarabia.armstrade

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/feb/05/bae-systems-arms-deal-corruption

There is another report on WSJ about corruption. Do you think Saudi Princes wear burka, they don't. Why do you think BAE Systems and Rafale are so successful in the Middle East and India?

Why do you think Russian and Chinese companies are so successful in Pakistan, Bangladesh, Thailand, Myanmar, Algeria? One answer: Corruption

Ohh I didn't realize the video comes from bdmilitary. That's explain a lot.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom