What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I would tend to agree.

But I did post this January how I met with a family friend who is close with a US legislator. I suggested he discuss BD purchasing US weapons and he told me those discussions were already going on.

And then we have these little bits of info out in the public.

Point is, the US seems interested.

The problem is the morons in Bangladesh who think too much about this.
We should seriously persue US options. It is important. USA has technology & experience that can help us a lot. It means technological superiority over atleast one theatre of hostility.

We should seriously persue US options. It is important. USA has technology & experience that can help us a lot. It means technical superiority over atleast one theatre of hostility.

It’s a gift and a curse.

But considering the position Bangladesh is in currently it’s a necessary evil.

This talk about sovereignty in regards to rebuffing the US is nauseating.

Bangladeshis tend to think too much of themselves at times.

Like I said before, kiss the ring.

There are no better options at this time.

And bring on the F-16s!

It’s a gift and a curse.

But considering the position Bangladesh is in currently it’s a necessary evil.

This talk about sovereignty in regards to rebuffing the US is nauseating.

Bangladeshis tend to think too much of themselves at times.

Like I said before, kiss the ring.

There are no better options at this time.

And bring on the F-16s!

Agreed. Seems there’s no othe option going on for BD.

Agreed. Seems there’s no othe option going on for BD.

Yea man.

Certainly not the Russian option.

And China is part of the solution for Bangladesh.

But so is US/EU.

I say leave the Russians out of it.

Yea man.

Certainly not the Russian option.

And China is part of the solution for Bangladesh.

But so is US/EU.

I say leave the Russians out of it.
A availability rate of below 50% isn’t very appealing for me tbh. Don’t know why BAF is so enamoured with them russian birds.

No cutting edge Technology, no apparent advantage over adversaries & a hefty price tag. Not an option man.

Getting an f-16 package worth billions is still better for Bangladesh compared to what it has right now... even if Bangladesh has to live for the next 30-40 years with these birds. They are well suited to handle our neighborhood misadventures

If BD has sense and looking for a long term solution go for the British Typhoon. It may be more expensive than F16 in price and maintenance (dont know personally for sure, but assuming so) but it is the best 4th generation figher out there and can go up against anything either the indians or the monkeys likely to have.

If BD has sense and looking for a long term solution go for the British Typhoon. It may be more expensive than F16 in price and maintenance (dont know personally for sure, but assuming so) but it is the best 4th generation figher out there and can go up against anything either the indians or the monkeys likely to have.
The cost of having 1 Eurofighter Typhoon is almost US$200m. Recently Kuwait purchased Typhoon at $301m. I'm guessing corruption in it. Nevertheless you can buy 3x F-16V Block 70/72 or 3× F/A-18 Advanced Super Hornet at the cost of 1 Eurofighter Typhoon.
But considering radar, currently Eurofighter has the best AESA Radar in the planet, second Raven ES-05 and APG-83.
But APG-83 SABR AESA makes it extremely difficult to track and jam by any Russian or Chinese hobbits. But discussions won't work, someone said in this thread that BAG chief is in pleasure trip in Russia. In Russia, there's a saying called "Magic P". It worked every time during cold war in Eastern Europe and Latin America.
Meanwhile your neighbor India is planning to buy additional 36 Rafale soon apart from MRCA v2.0. They will have 72 Rafale if the deal is sealed.

The cost of having 1 Eurofighter Typhoon is almost US$200m. Recently Kuwait purchased Typhoon at $301m. I'm guessing corruption in it. Nevertheless you can buy 3x F-16V Block 70/72 or 3× F/A-18 Advanced Super Hornet at the cost of 1 Eurofighter Typhoon.
But considering radar, currently Eurofighter has the best AESA Radar in the planet, second Raven ES-05 and APG-83.
But APG-83 SABR AESA makes it extremely difficult to track and jam by any Russian or Chinese hobbits. But discussions won't work, someone said in this thread that BAG chief is in pleasure trip in Russia. In Russia, there's a saying called "Magic P". It worked every time during cold war in Eastern Europe and Latin America.
Meanwhile your neighbor India is planning to buy additional 36 Rafale soon apart from MRCA v2.0. They will have 72 Rafale if the deal is sealed.
Kuwait is getting tech that other eft lack... captor e radar etc. but yes way overpriced. Arabs would buy shit with 300 mil if the west insisted so

Whats "Magic P"?

Also, I don't really care too much about Block 70/72 F-16 or Tranche 3 Eurofighters.

Just get either of those and I will be happy.

Either of those will give the BAF a MAJOR qualitative edge on Myanmar.

The price will come down substantially if BD insists. The host country price is 1/3rd the price they charge to the dumb arabs. Kuwait want tech transfer when they dont know simple algebra..

The price will come down substantially if BD insists. The host country price is 1/3rd the price they charge to the dumb arabs. Kuwait want tech transfer when they dont know simple algebra..
Damn, there isn’t a single Kuwaiti engineer in he country and they want to assemble, built that in Kuwait? Lmao

Mate i have precisely zero hope when it comes to BAF. Whatever we end up with I am fairly certain it wont fulfil the brief of protecting BD skies.

BD needs to go western and I personally believe British is the way to go and gives us option against both potential adversary. But if I had a say I would ignore BAF. Its a zero sum game you either build up a competant force or dont bother at all.

BD should go for massive building and stockpiling of defensive and offensive missiles and build up fully fledged forth arm of the military. Once this is done even a crappy incompetent BAF can act as a force multiplier.

I have zero faith in BAF particularly the current cheif who is so obese he is barely able to fit into a jet. The quality of leadership shines through in the optics.... you just need to see the jokers who run BAF to BN or BA

Mate i have precisely zero hope when it comes to BAF. Whatever we end up with I am fairly certain it wont fulfil the brief of protecting BD skies.

BD needs to go western and I personally believe British is the way to go and gives us option against both potential adversary. But if I had a say I would ignore BAF. Its a zero sum game you either build up a competant force or dont bother at all.

BD should go for massive building and stockpiling of defensive and offensive missiles and build up fully fledged forth arm of the military. Once this is done even a crappy incompetent BAF can act as a force multiplier.

I have zero faith in BAF particularly the current cheif who is so obese he is barely able to fit into a jet. The quality of leadership shines through in the optics.... you just need to see the jokers who run BAF to BN or BA
Esrar is gone. The new one is relatively fit and conducts patrol duties regularly

Anyways have y’all seen the final mig 35 production model? New tail, vertical stabilizer and wing design.

No Arab country ever received ToT for Typhoon. This is most likely corruption
cost. That's what happened all Typhoon deal with Saudi. Saudi prince received £1.5B for Typhoon deal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom