What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Can you give me an example?

You can simply wait and see reality bear out. @Chinese-Dragon made some very good analysis earlier about why China provided very old training subs to BD...and that is about the most BD can expect from China now onwards (esp with the whole Myanmar thing going on + BD overreliance on Indian diplomatic buffer).

You can simply wait and see reality bear out. @Chinese-Dragon made some very good analysis earlier about why China provided very old training subs to BD...and that is about the most BD can expect from China now onwards (esp with the whole Myanmar thing going on + BD overreliance on Indian diplomatic buffer).

Duh - BN did not have the funds to buy more expensive Chinese modern subs.

Duh - BN did not have the funds to buy more expensive Chinese modern subs.

@Chinese-Dragon took that into account too. There is nothing of high-tech forefront value that China will offer to BD from onset (funds or no funds)....not without BD massive change in BD attitude and current geopolitical dependency on Chinese opponents (further exacerbated by Myanmar/Rohingya)....not to mention inherent lack of strategic space within BD to protect any Chinese high-tech (say any actual C4I infra, top tier missiles, high value assets like J-10)...and possibly even mid-tech (given the numbers employed within China regarding those) here on out.

But of course, everyone can watch for themselves what China even offers to BD here on out. BD likely will go to Europe/US to meet any requirements there in coming years....as funds become available (given CAATSA on Russia).

@Michael Corleone @Avicenna @Anubis what is your take on it?

@dy1022 @Feng Leng @TaiShang

@Chinese-Dragon took that into account too. There is nothing of high-tech forefront value that China will offer to BD from onset (funds or no funds)....not without BD massive change in BD attitude and current geopolitical dependency on Chinese opponents (further exacerbated by Myanmar/Rohingya)....not to mention inherent lack of strategic space within BD to protect any Chinese high-tech (say any actual C4I infra, top tier missiles, high value assets like J-10)...and possibly even mid-tech (given the numbers employed within China regarding those) here on out.

But of course, everyone can watch for themselves what China even offers to BD here on out. BD likely will go to Europe/US to meet any requirements there in coming years....as funds become available (given CAATSA on Russia).

So @Chinese-Dragon is now the defence minister of China? :o:

Dude, we know you are butt-hurt at BD but now this is going to another level.

Like I say a version of the J-10C is highly likely to be brought and maybe submarines. After this nothing major is likely.

BD has decided to diversify away from China now both for economic and political reasons. Turkey is another factor now and as their defence industry starts pumping out world-class products, they will be the No. 1 go to defence supplier for Muslim countries like BD.

WILL CHINA CLEAR THE CAC J-10B FOR EXPORT?
Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) is offering a static display of its J-10B multi-role fighter at the Zhuhai Air Show, which is taking place this week.

In addition to the fighter, many new and existing air-to-air and air-to-surface munitions were also being shown alongside the People Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF)’s emerging mainstay fighter.

It does not appear that Aviation Industry Corporation of China (AVIC) branded placards are near the J-10B, but it is possible that this fighter could be ready for export in the short-term. Currently, only the J-10A – under the designation FC-20 – is available for export.

It is not clear to what extent the changes to the J-10’s airframe is sensitive in the view of the PLAAF, though the subsystems – i.e. active electronically-scanned array radar and electronic warfare (EW) and electronic countermeasures (ECM) suite – should be of more concern.

However, with the Nanjing Research Institute of Electronics Technology (NRIET) showcasing an overtly export-centric AESA radar for the JF-17, it appears that the Chinese are in the position to release their next-generation subsystems to the market without risking their national security interests.

AVIC will not need to compete on pure performance, but rather, on the reality that it is offering capable solutions with current technologies at an affordable price. An export version of the J-10B would benefit from layers of economies-of-scale thanks to China’s expansive domestic market.

For example, the J-10 platform is the mainstay multi-role fighter platform of the PLAAF. At this stage, the research and development overhead will have been heavily distributed, resulting in a thin added cost to the prospective export-customer (on top of the cost of labour and materials).

It is the same case for the AESA radar and ECM/EW technology onboard the J-10B. The development of these subsystems is not tied to the J-10B but is, in fact, relevant to many applications, including solutions on land and at sea. If not already, the Chinese will be scale this technology expansively, once again putting subsystems from NRIET et. al on a favourable cost footing.

With the next-generation FC-31 being offered for export, it is curious that the J-10B has yet to enter AVIC’s portfolio. Clearly, the Chinese are not hesitant to release their AESA radar and newer EW/ECM technology, lest they would not be offering the FC-31.

In contrast to the FC-31, which has yet to secure backing (much fewer orders) from the PLAAF or People Liberation Army Navy (PLAN), the J-10B is a complete, adopted, and production ready fighter.

Access to the J-10B does not necessitate a separate investment in research and development (which is the case for the FC-31), and the J-10B already carries industry contemporary subsystems.

For an air force in need of a mature medium-weight fighter platform with qualitative drivers today, such as an AESA radar, the J-10B is more attractive than the FC-31. It is a tangible product.

One can point to Pakistan, but in addition, this fighter could readily attract a wider pool of countries that simply would not have access to the market’s existing AESA radar-equipped medium-weight fighters. The Zhuk-AME-equipped MiG-35 is essentially the only other option for countries such as Algeria or Iran.

The CAC J-10B has potential to secure sales in the short-term, which could be AVIC’s ticket to increase its relevance in the global fighter market.

https://quwa.org/2016/11/02/will-china-clear-cac-j-10b-export/

Like I say a version of the J-10C is highly likely

Yah we know how "likely" your predictions are lol. BD will shoot down the next MM AF violator 100%!....and reality plays out as usual!

@Aung Zaya @polanski

Everyone can actually see for themselves what pans out in the end here too is all I am saying. We have seen the 1000 page long threads obliviating and celebrating and STRONKING before in BD section havent we? @Imran Khan @Game.Invade @DESERT FIGHTER ....and in the end reality (big fat dunce) transpires there too all too frequently. It sort of illustrates what BD is to everyone better than anything else ever could haha.

Yah we know how "likely" your predictions are lol. BD will shoot down the next MM AF violator 100%!....and reality plays out as usual!

@Aung Zaya @polanski

Everyone can actually see for themselves what pans out in the end here too is all I am saying. We have seen the 1000 page long threads obliviating and celebrating and STRONKING before in BD section havent we? @Imran Khan @Game.Invade @DESERT FIGHTER ....and in the end reality (big fat dunce) transpires there too all too frequently. It sort of illustrates what BD is to everyone better than anything else ever could haha.
LOL, it's funny how they fall for all the crap from BDmilitary but question credibility of other posters. All they gon get is more secondhand J7s. When the world moves to 6th Gen, BD gonna get 4th gen fighters, always 2 gen behind the civilised world.

I don't honestly see Chinese sharing their primary 'numbers' fighter technology (J-10B) with Bangladesh, where it is wide open to observation by RAW agents. It is a matter of official policy.

In any case, BAF has had air-force level personnel exchanges with Turkey at all levels since the 1970's, which has only gotten stronger due to mutual interest. Same with army and navy equipment as well. This will keep happening regardless of Western offers/efforts to equip our armed forces.

China is a reliable military ally to us. However no country puts its eggs in one basket in these sort of relationships.

@Aung Zaya @polanski

If I got a penny everytime joy bangla party posted "news" and mil gear in BD military thread... I'd almost be a millionaire. :cheers:

The truth is none of us really know what the hell is going on.

I think if we look at history as any kind of guide, clearly Bangladesh has been a customer of Chinese arms.

I don't think China sees Bangladesh as some sort of security risk and at the same time I don't think China will offer Bangaldesh access to anything more advanced than they would another traditional client such as say Sudan.

I really don't see any barrier to Bangaldesh purchasing something such as FC-20 aka J-10A as this is clearly available for export. Also its 20 years old at this point and no where near being cutting edge Chinese technology.

The real issue is that I think the procurement equation has changed somewhat given the recent events.

Bangladesh was really diplomatically isolated with this whole Rohingya debacle.

Both China and India had their own interests in mind which ran counter to those of Bangladesh despite all the sweet talk after the fact.

That being said, I agree with you that I think Bangladesh will look more towards the West at this point.

What that actaully translates into who knows.

Also, dealing with the West has its own set of pitfalls which I think Bangladesh will find out with time.

However, at this point, it has to take its security seriously for the first time in its existence.

China expects bd to be like Sri Lanka...

There will be military level talks between Russia and bd on December 3-8 regarding purchase of new weapons.... on the table are, SAMs to protect the nuclear plant... BTR 80s, more yak-130s, T-90s and MRCA

Idk how they expect to get this deal through without pissing off the orange cucumber

China expects bd to be like Sri Lanka...

There will be military level talks between Russia and bd on December 3-8 regarding purchase of new weapons.... on the table are, SAMs to protect the nuclear plant... BTR 80s, more yak-130s, T-90s and MRCA

Idk how they expect to get this deal through without pissing off the orange cucumber

The orange cucumber couldnt care less about Bangladesh.

@Aung Zaya @polanski

i can still remember that just a few days ago BDshi here said Chinese military hardwares are not qualified for their standand and seeking the western high-quality ones instead so that they can reduce dependance on China as China didnt stand with them in regarding with current immigration crisis. now they wanted again J-10C. :lol::lol:

i can still remember that just a few days ago BDshi here said Chinese military hardwares are not qualified for their standand and seeking the western high-quality ones instead so that they can reduce dependance on China as China didnt stand with them in regarding with current immigration crisis. now they wanted again J-10C. :lol::lol:

Unless the J-10 comes with AESA and up to date electronics, BAF simply will not buy it.
Up to China whether they are interested in selling around 30-40 fighter jets to BD. This is good money making and marketing opportunity for them to make their first export sale.
BD economy is booming and defence budget can certainly afford 2-3 squadrons of J-10s from China over the next 2-3 years.

i can still remember that just a few days ago BDshi here said Chinese military hardwares are not qualified for their standand and seeking the western high-quality ones instead so that they can reduce dependance on China as China didnt stand with them in regarding with current immigration crisis. now they wanted again J-10C. [emoji38][emoji38]
Let them keep dreaming. [emoji3][emoji16]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom