What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

F-7 BGI is the most advanced of all Chengdu F-7 created so far :

1) F-7 BGI has a speed of Mach 2.2
2) 7 Hard-points to carry Air to Air missiles , Laser guided bomb, GPS Guided Bombs, Drop tanks
3) Full glass cockpit.
4) can carry 3000 kg Bomb including Chinese Laser Guided Bombs.
5) F-7 BGI has KLJ-6F radar Fire control Radar with 86 km+ Range which is near BVR or BVR considering what is the silver
lining between them and can track 6 and engage 2 enemy aircraft simulteneously.
6) F-7 BGI can carry C-704 Antiship Missiles (Therefore maritime also possible)
7) afterburner: F-7 BGI (82 kN) thrust
8) Missiles procurement are currently unknown for F-7 BGI but they can fire the 70-75 km range PL-12,PL-11 and also PL-2,
PL-5, PL-7, PL-8, PL-9, Magic R.550 and AIM-9 .
9) F-7 BGI got J-7G2 Airframe with double delta wing. This improves the lift at high angles of attack and delays or prevents stalling.
10) G-limit: +8 g / -3 g
11) Service ceiling: 17,500 m (57,420 ft) for F-7 BGI
12) 3 Multi functional HUD displays and Hotas.
13) Chinese Helmet Mounted Sights.
14) Reportedly more maneuverable than most of the Mig21s and many of the other contemporary fighters.

source: Bangladesh Airforce facebook fan page

So far, this is the most elaborate specifications that I have read about the F-7BGI planes BAF bought from China. BAF very seldom declares its purchases, but a select group of BD posters were criticizing it is not BVR capable. I was almost the only one to defend the purchase. These special people were showing fondness for some other expensive plane with almost the similar features of F-7BGI, but 3 times more expensive. Now, read also the small news below published by XairForce and it referrred to the news agency below:

Source: Bangladesh Agencies News - 22 January 2013

The Bangladesh Air Force has F-7BGI Fighter Aircraft. New F-7BGI of Bangladesh AF - sixteen examples will be delivered as a stop-gap until new generation fighters (JF-17?) appear. These are arguably the most advanced F-7s ever built (J-7G2 airframe, glass cockpit, HOTAS, GPS guided PGMs, improved KLJ-6F radar with 85+km range and 2 target simultaneous tracking, WP-14C Kunlun III engine with 82 kN thrust). (1/22/2013)

F-7s AND 8 MIG UVS AKA ULTRA VERSATILE RUSKIE MADE BUT BHARATI'S BROKERED ONES.

so thats it ???
well so i wonder what do they wana talk about in that thread ?? :undecided: because f7 ? i dont think any airforce use them anymore as their main aircrafts ... but i can understand because they are not in any such situation where they will need advanced military , especially not airforce .. they dont have any such threat from any country in the region.

So far, this is the most elaborate specifications that I have read about the F-7BGI planes BAF bought from China. BAF very seldom declares its purchases, but a select group of BD posters were criticizing it is not BVR capable. I was almost the only one to defend the purchase. These special people were showing fondness for some other expensive plane with almost the similar features of F-7BGI, but 3 times more expensive. Now, read also the small news below published by XairForce and it referrred to the news agency below:

Source: Bangladesh Agencies News - 22 January 2013

The Bangladesh Air Force has F-7BGI Fighter Aircraft. New F-7BGI of Bangladesh AF - sixteen examples will be delivered as a stop-gap until new generation fighters (JF-17?) appear. These are arguably the most advanced F-7s ever built (J-7G2 airframe, glass cockpit, HOTAS, GPS guided PGMs, improved KLJ-6F radar with 85+km range and 2 target simultaneous tracking, WP-14C Kunlun III engine with 82 kN thrust). (1/22/2013)

Dude,

Every BD here wants the best for the country. Those who criticised the purchase did so because they wanted planes with more teeth. We can not just maintain numbers we must keep pace with our neighbours. Deference can only be achieved if our assets pose a threat to our enemies.

If these are better than expected then hats off to our military planners and you for sticking to your position and being vindicated.

I just gotten news that Mig 29 (SE or UB) upgraded to Mig 29 ( NATO Fulcrum-C standard) in Bangladesh.
Bangladesh purchased 6 Mig SE (downgraded export version of Mig 29 S) and 2 Mig 29 UB. 4 of them send to be upgraded to Mig 29 SMT standard . others are upgraded to NATO Fulcrum-C standard (can be Mig 29S/ Mig 29S-13/Mig 29 SM , not sure which one) by Bangladesh. i will post more when get more details.

Dude,

Every BD here wants the best for the country. Those who criticised the purchase did so because they wanted planes with more teeth. We can not just maintain numbers we must keep pace with our neighbours. Deference can only be achieved if our assets pose a threat to our enemies.

If these are better than expected then hats off to our military planners and you for sticking to your position and being vindicated.

You seem to think a mere 16 units of BGI will be our last purchase of planes. But, these planes were meant to replace the ageing A-5s only. There will certainly be new purchases in the future. Our country's economy will allow its airforce to induct or operate at least 9 sq. of planes. But, everythig needs time. We do not have yet even built new runways/air-base or shelters for the next phase of purchase. We have to build these before BAF can make a purchase.

BGI is not without teeth and these teeth are enough to replace the A-5s. Moreover, every airfore is a miz of lows and highs. Even China stil uses F-7s and there was a day when Mig-21 (F-7) was called the poor man's F-16. So, why to see in a negative eye the BAF decision to induct these reliable planes? I think, this decision was best for the BAF.

I do not think this is our last purchase but strategic value of these I do not get. No expert in military matter I admit but deterrence value of these I question. Can these protect our skies now? If so all very well. I understand we can only build up BAF incrementally but each purchase should enhance our forces vis-a-vis others. If these have done this then good..... It was a positive purchase.

I do not think this is our last purchase but strategic value of these I do not get. No expert in military matter I admit but deterrence value of these I question. Can these protect our skies now? If so all very well. I understand we can only build up BAF incrementally but each purchase should enhance our forces vis-a-vis others. If these have done this then good..... It was a positive purchase.

those are basically replacement of A 5 fighters. I understand what are you trying to say. All i see that after long years of ignorance, our armed forces is getting shape now :)

those are basically replacement of A 5 fighters. I understand what are you trying to say. All i see that after long years of ignorance, our armed forces is getting shape now :)

I really hope so. BN developments are positive. BAF needs similar aggressive modernisation. I read in another thread that we are seeking to atleast assemble light planes in the near future. Each baby steps is significant. For BAF I look forward to a day when we can manufacture our own indeginious bird. I hope BAF is thinking along that line. Doing it on own would be too expensive so we should seek to join with others. Ones defense is never secure unless we can manufacture our own weapons.

I really hope so. BN developments are positive. BAF needs similar aggressive modernisation. I read in another thread that we are seeking to atleast assemble light planes in the near future. Each baby steps is significant. For BAF I look forward to a day when we can manufacture our own indeginious bird. I hope BAF is thinking along that line. Doing it on own would be too expensive so we should seek to join with others. Ones defense is never secure unless we can manufacture our own weapons.

among all 3 armed forces (land force, air force, navy force) BAF is the biggest joke.
BAF already taken initiatives to built first own trainer+light attack air craft by 2021. now finger cross :)

among all 3 armed forces (land force, air force, navy force) BAF is the biggest joke.
BAF already taken initiatives to built first own trainer+light attack air craft by 2021. now finger cross :)

Sources please.... with zero aviation industry BD will build a trainer cum light attack plane by 2021... sounds like a wet dream... no offence!

Sources please.... with zero aviation industry BD will build a trainer cum light attack plane by 2021... sounds like a wet dream... no offence!

BD will first seek to assemble planes by 2021. Why should that be unachievable. Every nation starts from somewhere. The intention to do so was announced by the PM when she opened a new BAF facility. The news was posted possibly in this tread in earlier page.

BD will first seek to assemble planes by 2021. Why should that be unachievable. Every nation starts from somewhere. The intention to do so was announced by the PM when she opened a new BAF facility. The news was posted possibly in this tread in earlier page.

Assembling and building are 2 entirely different things dont u think? also can i have a source for this news?

Back
Top Bottom