What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

then Pakistan would have bought the F7 BGI instead of JF17
as we are saying same or equal and Pakistan would not have wasted there money

when comparing there should me complete transparent fair table of the jf 17 models and the f7 models

Hi, all the best wishes to everybody, I am a newbie here.
Regarding the BAF figjterjet choices I become confused when I see there choice su30(I mean the BAF Pilots regardless of the geopolitical issue) incomparable to grippers it is more costly to maintain, more easy to breakdown, far less of a dogfighter let alone having far less bvr capability, combat range far less important when other parameters (above mentioned) are weaker even in comparison to a small figjterjet like gripen.
BD will maintain a very small fleet of heavy mrca but main work horse will be mig-35 or j-10.

then Pakistan would have bought the F7 BGI instead of JF17
as we are saying same or equal and Pakistan would not have wasted there money

when comparing there should me complete transparent fair table of the jf 17 models and the f7 models
Yes, genius. you are right about this point. Yes, instead of developing its own JF-17, Pakistan should have bought F-7s. But, do not you even know that PAF has already 50 units of F-7PG? Do not please talk like a small kid.

BAF bought BGI may be because its speed is mach. 2.0+ against JF's 1.6. Do you think BAF Officers follow the opinion of ignorant BD posters of PDF? When BAF has BGIs, it is certainly considering to buy a better plane with higher level of weapons and speed. It is certainly not JF-17, although some of you guys are talking Muslim Ummah.

Last edited:
Yes, genius. you are right about this point. Yes, instead of developing its own JF-17, Pakistan should have bought F-7s. But, do not you even know that PAF has already 50 units of F-7PG? Do not please talk like a small kid.

BAF bought BGI may be because its speed is mach. 2.0+ against JF's 1.6. Do you think BAF Officers follow the opinion of ignorant BD posters of PDF? When BAF has BGIs, it is certainly considering to buy a better plane with higher level of weapons and speed. It is certainly not JF-17, although some of you guys are talking Muslim Ummah.

Please help me understand you. Are you saying Pakistan should have bought more F-7 rather than develop the JF-17? Also, why do you keep focusing on max speed?

Please help me understand you. Are you saying Pakistan should have bought more F-7 rather than develop the JF-17? Also, why do you keep focusing on max speed?
It is good that Pakistan has developed its own jets. Whatever may be the speed or other faults, every Pakistani should take pride of this achievement by their engineers in collaboration with the Chinese.

But, BD is a different country since 1970. Why BD should pay double to buy JF-17 as a stop-gap plane, when it can buy a fairly good plane like F-7BGI at very low price from China? So, it was the best decision by the BAF top people.

Now, when BAF is considering to buy a new plane, how should it decide for a plane with slower speed and maneuvering? Speed is important to outmaneuver your enemy planes. Do not please think that dog fighting is no more needed. In reality, the strength of BVR war has not been proved in an actual war. But, the WVR style of dog fighting is still the way of the pilots. So, speed is needed.

The planes to be inducted newly are supposed to be 4.5G. Whatever the JF propaganda machine says , JF is certainly not in the league of 4.5G planes.

Last edited:
Somewhere in PDF i said our military is not satisfied with some of their hardware's quality. Chinese IJT is the top topic among them as it is often discussed in many group discussion. Now don't ask for proof or source from official as they are not stupid enough to talk about this kinda thing in open public, cause some people will start racket about wasting tax payers money or BAF's ability to choose the right thing instead of looking at budget limit first.
Opera Snapshot_2018-01-09_175608_www.facebook.com.png

It is good that Pakistan has developed its own jets. Whatever may be the speed or other faults, every Pakistani should take pride of this achievement by their engineers in collaboration with the Chinese.

But, BD is a different country since 1970. Why BD should pay double to buy JF-17 as a stop-gap plane, when it can buy a fairly good plane like F-7BGI at very low price from China? So, it was the best decision by the BAF top people.

Now, when BAF is considering to buy a new plane, how should it decide for a plane with slower speed and maneuvering? Speed is important to outmaneuver your enemy planes. Do not please think that dog fighting is no more needed. In reality, the strength of BVR war has not been proved in an actual war. But, the WVR style of dog fighting is still the way of the pilots. So, speed is needed.

The planes to be inducted newly are supposed to be 4.5G. Whatever the JF propaganda machine says , JF is certainly not in the league of 4.5G planes.

I agree with the first half completely. However, in regards to speed. You contradict yourself completely regarding aircraft speeds. WVR takes place in the subsonic realm. Fast speeds are more beneficial for BVR combat. If you believe so much in the WVR fight, then it behooves you to have a highly manuevable aircraft and top speed is irrelevant. You can’t dogfight at Mach 2.

I agree with the first half completely. However, in regards to speed. You contradict yourself completely regarding aircraft speeds. WVR takes place in the subsonic realm. Fast speeds are more beneficial for BVR combat. If you believe so much in the WVR fight, then it behooves you to have a highly manuevable aircraft and top speed is irrelevant. You can’t dogfight at Mach 2.
True. But what learned from spending some time in this forum that speed is an essential tool to force your opponent in a WVR fight.

Look comparing F 7 with Jf 17 is like comparing 50 year old apple to a 20 year old orange. While F 7's father Mig 21 was designed 50 years ago it was designed to be an interceptor, which can climb very fast and high and can dominate in WVR.

But JF 17 resulted from the thinking of Modern Multi role fighter. It's a multi role fighter. it's a jack of all trade kind of fighter. So it's neither as fast nor can climb as fast as an interceptor.

This explanation is as simple as that. Their is no point in comparing.

Somewhere in PDF i said our military is not satisfied with some of their hardware's quality. Chinese IJT is the top topic among them as it is often discussed in many group discussion. Now don't ask for proof or source from official as they are not stupid enough to talk about this kinda thing in open public, cause some people will start racket about wasting tax payers money or BAF's ability to choose the right thing instead of looking at budget limit first.
View attachment 447184
I heard that Egypt wasn't too happy with the base model either. They heavily modified it before inducting it in the air force.

Last edited:
BD will buy su35 as a stop gap in 2050 .dont be disappointed bro
Khali list list r list, shudhu shunei jacchi 5 years dhore BAF ar jonno ai fighter oi fighter kinteche. kochu kinche 10 bochore.jedin banglar akashe gorjon tulbe shedin believe korbo. amader faka buli bondho kora uchit. amra chinta korei sheta news baniye feli. 2021 shaler age mone hoi na kono MRCA ashbe.
Khali list list r list, shudhu shunei jacchi 5 years dhore BAF ar jonno ai fighter oi fighter kinteche. kochu kinche 10 bochore.jedin banglar akashe gorjon tulbe shedin believe korbo. amader faka buli bondho kora uchit. amra chinta korei sheta news baniye feli. 2021 shaler age mone hoi na kono MRCA ashbe.

You are certainly right to say that dogfight cannot be done with supersonic speed. But, a supersonic speed can be lowered to subsonic, is not it? Now, people in other thread are telling that BAF may purchase Chinese J-10C. Read its specifications that I have posted as well as in other sources. It is this kind of plane that BAF needs, but not JF-17.

The engine is your main dynamic component, so spare engines, line replaceable units (LRU) for the engines and critical components (e.g. crystal blades) would be key.

The specific set of spare parts stockpiles depends user-to-user (e.g. Pakistan bought 2 spare engines for the AH-1Z fleet) and the extent of your maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) base. If you're going to select any jet - be it Gripen, MiG-35, J-10A or Su-30SME/Su-35 - go all in with the MRO as well in addition to stockpiling or, ideally, license manufacturing wearable parts.
The main problem of exporting JF17 to BAF will be the engine availability . Russia is not willing to create a competitor in Bangladesh market, which means they will not supply RD93 engine. And I don't think PAF is ready to export jF17 BLKIII as well, still they worry about the RAW stuff.
Another problem, BAF might not want the same fighter Myanmar airforce has.

The main problem of exporting JF17 to BAF will be the engine availability . Russia is not willing to create a competitor in Bangladesh market, which means they will not supply RD93 engine. And I don't think PAF is ready to export jF17 BLKIII as well, still they worry about the RAW stuff.
Another problem, BAF might not want the same fighter Myanmar airforce has.
Absolutely wrong.
Russian exported stuff to Pakistan despite Indians suicide threats lol

Issue is Bangladesh has severe anti Pakistan sentiments...so not going to happen

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom