What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

IMG_8642.JPG

wow 6 flying at ones.... training flights yeah?
WINTEX 2017 is going on.

its the GoB plan to open Thakurgaon airport..... it used to be operational, but was closed down when Saidpur became operational.....

to make it operational, it need infrastructure..... and logically the BAF has to get involved when an airport becomes operational..... as for the requirement for radar, I have already mentioned above....

and if there are Indian airports around, does that mean we should not build our airports??.... what sort of logic is that?..... entirety of BD is surrounded by India.... does that mean that BD should not have any airports??.... there are too many weird logic that can be put forward if that is to be taken seriously.... Jessore is too close to Indian border.... so is Sylhet, Syedpur, Lalmonirhat, Rajshahi, Comilla..... Feni is too close to the Indian border.... does that mean the Dhaka-Ctg highway should be over the Bay of Bengal??.... :what:

Chillax brother. :-)

The point I was curious about was that of making Thakurgaon a regional air-hub, you or someone else had mentioned.

BD should have airports of course but the presence of other competing regional air hubs like Bagdogra Airport, (IATA: IXB, ICAO: VEBD) very close to Thakurgaon (maybe less than 60 miles) makes it an interesting proposition.

Bagdogra (Siliguri) is one of the major air hubs in India, serving Darjeeling tourist air-traffic from all of India (even from outside of India via Kolkata and Delhi).

Investing in a military airbase at Thakurgaon is great and you have my support.

However if we are expecting commercial traffic to end up there (even for Darjeeling) that may be a tough sell for a lot of folks. You could only be expecting Darjeeling air-traffic from Dhaka (which Saidpur already serves very well).

Here are some Bagdogra airport videos, it is roughly what CTG was say ten years ago before they improved it.

Here are some from Saidpur ( we have long way to go to compete),

69063528.jpg

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom