What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Understood by why does all this even matters... India should ignore what Bangladesh does using it sovereign right just as how Bangladesh ignores what India does as theirs

well, let me quote from a book by Mr J N Dixit, a veteran Indian diplomat on Sri Lanka..... after Sri Lanka's interactions with Pakistan and China, on 06 July 1987, India sent an official letter to Mr. Athulathmudali, the National Security Minister of Sri Lanka:
"India had taken note of the recent interaction between Sri Lanka on the one hand and Pakistan and China on the other. Sri Lanka should be aware that whatever the results of these interactions, Sri Lanka's unity, integrity and stability ultimately depended on good neighbourly relations with India. There should be no illusion in this regard and Sri Lanka should recognise the realities of regional relationship in a sober manner, in this perspective."
India forced Sri Lanka to sign a treaty in that very month and deployed troops there....

the point is, India will never let its neighbours think that you have any independence to do whatever you like..... this is a reality for BD..... and the fact that BD in the 21st century would not bound by any restrictive thoughts.... and thats a reality for India.... India talks about BD and Indians talk about BD is because of that.... that makes all these discussions here relevant.... the discussions are relevant for the two states as they carry the reflections of their policies and their interactions....

well, let me quote from a book by Mr J N Dixit, a veteran Indian diplomat on Sri Lanka..... after Sri Lanka's interactions with Pakistan and China, on 06 July 1987, India sent an official letter to Mr. Athulathmudali, the National Security Minister of Sri Lanka:
"India had taken note of the recent interaction between Sri Lanka on the one hand and Pakistan and China on the other. Sri Lanka should be aware that whatever the results of these interactions, Sri Lanka's unity, integrity and stability ultimately depended on good neighbourly relations with India. There should be no illusion in this regard and Sri Lanka should recognise the realities of regional relationship in a sober manner, in this perspective."
India forced Sri Lanka to sign a treaty in that very month and deployed troops there....

the point is, India will never let its neighbours think that you have any independence to do whatever you like..... this is a reality for BD..... and the fact that BD in the 21st century would not bound by any restrictive thoughts.... and thats a reality for India.... India talks about BD and Indians talk about BD is because of that.... that makes all these discussions here relevant.... the discussions are relevant for the two states as they carry the reflections of their policies and their interactions....

A nation that disturbs its neighbors must be prepared for insurgencies and internal chaos. A very good example is Bharat.

sri lanka has nothing to defend themselves with... no detterence for that matter.... no proper structured armed forces or training for that matter.... bangladesh has them all.... so i don;t see bangladesh facing these problems like what sri lanka, nepal or bhutan faces

Give this advice to your tout Parkhar... He went nuts..

What ....according to who? You? BD is the most sensationalist, sensitive, crybaby bunch in defense community that I have ever seen.

sri lanka has nothing to defend themselves with... no detterence for that matter.... no proper structured armed forces or training for that matter.... bangladesh has them all.... so i don;t see bangladesh facing these problems like what sri lanka, nepal or bhutan faces
geopolitical reality shapes actions, but does not change geopolitical motives..... PAK and BD are too big to swallow for India, but never too strong to spread influence or subvert.... CHT rebels in BD and Baluch rebels in PAK are some of the overt examples.... there are many more covert ones, which needs not be detailed here...

geopolitical reality shapes actions, but does not change geopolitical motives..... PAK and BD are too big to swallow for India, but never too strong to spread influence or subvert.... CHT rebels in BD and Baluch rebels in PAK are some of the overt examples.... there are many more covert ones, which needs not be detailed here...
Anyways. Let move on. Stay on topic... Air Force!

Anyways. Let move on. Stay on topic... Air Force!

sure it is..... :sniper:

Indian military offers are now talk of the town.... let put something on the plate.....

I think if India is really interested in developing military-to-military co-op, they can help BAF develop the Thakurgaon airfield..... India can provide BD with their latest air-search radar in this regard.... other stuff like construction and etc. can be handled by the BAF.....
upload_2017-3-7_11-54-30-png.382224

sure it is..... :sniper:

Indian military offers are now talk of the town.... let put something on the plate.....

I think if India is really interested in developing military-to-military co-op, they can help BAF develop the Thakurgaon airfield..... India can provide BD with their latest air-search radar in this regard.... other stuff like construction and etc. can be handled by the BAF.....
upload_2017-3-7_11-54-30-png.382224
I don't think that's going to be a possibility. Anyways how highfrom sea level is Rajshahi

I don't think that's going to be a possibility. Anyways how highfrom sea level is Rajshahi
not much of height anywhere except the eastern parts of BD.... doesn't that negate the presence of any radar in the rest of the country?..... well, definitely not.... you just have to use what is available.... the Paharkanchanpur radar watches up to the Meghalaya hills, not beyond it.... the Bogra radar watches the north Bengal well.... but still there is the low level thingy..... and GoB is already thinking of activating the Thakurgaon Airport to turn it into a regional hub (with Nepal and Bhutan).... it can be good place to improve BAF radar coverage over the north-western areas....

not much of height anywhere except the eastern parts of BD.... doesn't that negate the presence of any radar in the rest of the country?..... well, definitely not.... you just have to use what is available.... the Paharkanchanpur radar watches up to the Meghalaya hills, not beyond it.... the Bogra radar watches the north Bengal well.... but still there is the low level thingy..... and GoB is already thinking of activating the Thakurgaon Airport to turn it into a regional hub (with Nepal and Bhutan).... it can be good place to improve BAF radar coverage over the north-western areas....

The best I know is - Thakurgaon Airport (IATA: TKR, ICAO: VGSG) currently is no more than a grass-surfaced 6000 ft. long STOL port, it's not even a full fledged airport. It does not have any air services to my knowledge, are there combat aircraft operating from it?

Saidpur Airport (less than 25-30 miles away from Thakurgaon) is a full fledged 8000 ft. long airport (the northernmost we have) and is equidistant from Rangpur and Dinajpur. It is served daily by four domestic air carriers including Biman.

How would Thakurgaon be a better candidate then.

Not challenging your view - I'm really interested to know the reason.

Also Saidpur/Thakurgaon is surrounded by four Indian airports/airbases, Purnea, Bagdogra, Hashimara and Coochbehar, all greater length than 6000 feet except the last one.

Last edited:
The best I know is - Thakurgaon Airport (IATA: TKR, ICAO: VGSG) currently is no more than a grass-surfaced 6000 ft. long STOL port, it's not even a full fledged airport. It does not have any air services to my knowledge, are there combat aircraft operating from it?

Saidpur Airport (less than 25-30 miles away from Thakurgaon) is a full fledged 8000 ft. long airport (the northernmost we have) and is equidistant from Rangpur and Dinajpur. It is served daily by four domestic air carriers including Biman.

How would Thakurgaon be a better candidate then.

Not challenging your view - I'm really interested to know the reason.

Also Saidpur/Thakurgaon is surrounded by four Indian airports/airbases, Purnea, Bagdogra, Hashimara and Coochbehar, all greater length than 6000 feet except the last one.
its the GoB plan to open Thakurgaon airport..... it used to be operational, but was closed down when Saidpur became operational.....

to make it operational, it need infrastructure..... and logically the BAF has to get involved when an airport becomes operational..... as for the requirement for radar, I have already mentioned above....

and if there are Indian airports around, does that mean we should not build our airports??.... what sort of logic is that?..... entirety of BD is surrounded by India.... does that mean that BD should not have any airports??.... there are too many weird logic that can be put forward if that is to be taken seriously.... Jessore is too close to Indian border.... so is Sylhet, Syedpur, Lalmonirhat, Rajshahi, Comilla..... Feni is too close to the Indian border.... does that mean the Dhaka-Ctg highway should be over the Bay of Bengal??.... :what:

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom