What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

Looks like a solid fuel rocket pack assisted take off (JATO pack) with a small petrol engine in the nose that produces thrust. The props are spinning but cannot be seen. This is a small 25 to 30cc engine, typically used with weed trimmer applications, but converted for drone use in this case.

Once you use rocket assisted takeoff, you don't need a lot of engine power to stay aloft.

:O wow! but recovery must be a bitch process. Phoenix said they're retrieved via parachute.

A cessna is way more nimble than a F-22. Your point?
xD
well my point is i would rather hop in a l39 during combat than a stupid f-7 or mig 21...
not much of a difference in payload... speed and range will be on the latter's advantage... but still...
i think they're too obsolete to do any particular task... the way it was designed...
on the other hand... i can use a l39 to jet convert my pilots... use it for ground attack and reconnaissance role and also a bit of dogfight in visual range... planes like it are all rounder...

xD
well my point is i would rather hop in a l39 during combat than a stupid f-7 or mig 21...
not much of a difference in payload... speed and range will be on the latter's advantage... but still...
i think they're too obsolete to do any particular task... the way it was designed...
on the other hand... i can use a l39 to jet convert my pilots... use it for ground attack and reconnaissance role and also a bit of dogfight in visual range... planes like it are all rounder...

L-39? Seriously?
L-39 does not have proper radar or capability to fire missiles and doesn't have any more than 2 hard points.

Kira.

L-39? Seriously?
L-39 does not have proper radar or capability to fire missiles and doesn't have any more than 2 hard points.

Kira.
what's the use of having everything when you can;t do anything with em?
f-35 has lots of stuff and in some scenarios they work... but practically it can't dance... so why not lol...

aircrafts of ww2 didn;t had many things and there was shortcomings and advantages in each in every aircraft... seriously i miss planes from those days

:O wow! but recovery must be a bitch process. Phoenix said they're retrieved via parachute.

For medium or Heavy UAV/UCAV - launch using JATO (Jet Assisted Take Off) assists and recovery using parachute are pretty standard.

Depends on UAV/UCAV vehicle design, area of operations etc.

Anything heavier than human weight (say 200 pounds), then landing by runway may be a very good option. In ships, recovery by elastic net is practiced as well.

xD

Speed matters a lot when you need to intercept effectively with both C4I resources and bulk asset deployment behind in mind. Front line fighters cannot be L-39s, unless your airforce does't care about having first responders and front liners. They will get swatted pretty badly...or worse yet just bypassed.

Speed matters a lot when you need to intercept effectively with both C4I resources and bulk asset deployment behind in mind. Front line fighters cannot be L-39s, unless your airforce does't care about having first responders and front liners. They will get swatted pretty badly...or worse yet just bypassed.
nah... i am not talking about frontline fighters of a huge complicated structured institution like a countries airforce...
imo i would hop in a l39 over a mig 21 any day if the scenario is WVR dogfight... and maybe a little strafing runs...

i would hop in a l39 over a mig 21 any day if the scenario is WVR dogfight.

Thats a fraction of a percentage of engagements in todays air combat....even for majority of cold war (post vietnam) it was the case.

But its ok, you have identified a role for it at least. It would be a good body to have for light CAS that can defend itself in the air if something doesnt kill it from far away.....(past its assigned training role of course).

Front line fighters cannot be L-39s

L-39s are just basic jet trainers lol.Our front line fighters are F-7 BGs of 5th Squadron based at BAF Forward Operating Base ( FOB ) at Cox's Bazar,the closest air base to Myanmar border.
Lets take a defensive scenario,Myanmar decides to attack from the air,the F-7 BGs would be immediately scrambled to intercept and give enough valuable time to prepare the air defences in Dhaka and Chittagong and allow F-7 BGIs of 35th Squadrons "Thunder Cats" and MiG-29s belonging to 8th Squadron "Victory Valor Vigilance" to be up in the air ready for combat.And in such a scenario,L-39 would be used for....

Kira.

And in such a scenario,L-39 would be used for....

You can use for CAS and general recon. Its good to have swing role a/c as generic multi-duty birds so you can use the prima donnas in their more optimised roles.

Romans and the Greeks before them followed this philosophy in the battlefield. The Greek veteran hoplites would form the phalanx, and their regular grunts would be further behind as support and to launch spears etc....but put them in front instead and they would be shredded to pieces generally.

nah... i am not talking about frontline fighters of a huge complicated structured institution like a countries airforce...
imo i would hop in a l39 over a mig 21 any day if the scenario is WVR dogfight... and maybe a little strafing runs...
Is not it better for BAF to buy instead 4 sqn. of Lockheed Martin F-35 stealth 5G fighters with a price tag of $95 million per piece? It is stealth and its electronics device will cause the foe missile launching system to malfunction. People seem to be unhappy with what BAF has, its current pilot training programs with YAK-130, and finally its purchase plan of 8/9 sqn. of 4+G planes during the next 15 years.

PAF started with US planes with US money, IAF started with its own money, but is an old force. BAF has only started now with 2G air crafts, but with its own money. It will take a little more time to buy better ones. But, we must be pragmatic and matured in thinking. BD cannot possibly opt for an immediate option to buy hifi toys and thus ruin its economy.

Last edited:
Is not it better for BAF to buy instead 4 sqn. of Lockheed Martin F-35 stealth 5G fighters with a price tag of $95 million per piece? It is stealth and its electronics device will cause the foe missile launching system to malfunction. People seem to be unhappy with what BAF has, its current pilot training programs with YAK-130, and finally its purchase plan of 8/9 sqn. of 4+G planes during the next 15 years.

PAF started with US planes with US money, IAF started with its own money, but is an old force. BAF has only started now with 2G air crafts, but with its own money. It will take a little more time to buy better ones. But, we must be pragmatic and matured in thinking. BD cannot possibly opt for an immediate option to buy hifi toys and thus ruin its economy.
f-16 is out of question because US wouldn't sell it to us because we dont kiss their ***... f-35 is out of question...
i am not unhappy with what BAF got but i dearly hate those mig21 variants... took too many young lives...
BAF started with 3rd gen and then downgraded to 2nd gen for short period and back to 3rd gen and now a mix of 3rd and 4th gen...
and yes we must. can't be the burmese monkeys or North korea...

You can use for CAS and general recon. Its good to have swing role a/c as generic multi-duty birds so you can use the prima donnas in their more optimised roles.

11150578_961784663862135_6426155757929743030_n.jpg

For CAS,we have K-8Ws and lethal Yak-130s.Anyways,the L-39s would be retired out of service soon.

Kira.

Is not it better for BAF to buy instead 4 sqn. of Lockheed Martin F-35 stealth 5G fighters with a price tag of $95 million per piece? It is stealth and its electronics device will cause the foe missile launching system to malfunction.

Look at the countries who are getting the F-35 and then look at Bangladesh...

US
UK
Israel
Denmark
Italy
Netherlands
Norway
S. Korea
Turkey
Japan

Forget the initial cost...maintenance...training...or 'conditions'.

Strategically, we are still nobodies as far as the US is concerned. They would never sell us anything that high tech/cutting edge.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom