What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

BAAZ? Thats a soldier-carried drone.Now these are actual drones used for both targeting training/ reconaissance roles since 2013-14.

View attachment 373887 View attachment 373888 View attachment 373889
The name is yet to be disclosed,but this is used for targeting role but cameras and sensors can be fitted into the front nose for reconaissance duties.

View attachment 373892 View attachment 373893 View attachment 373894
This is LY-B160,also produced locally in BAC is a targetting drone as well a reconaissance ones.It features LOS Data-Link system with GCS and can be reused and a parachute can be used to safely retrieve the system from land or sea.

BAC is now working on an actual sophiscated MALE ( Medium Altitude Long Endurance ) UCAV which will be operational in the upcoming years.
Also,we'll make our own indigneously designed basic trainer whose first flight is scheduled on 2021,which would be similar to the Nanchang PT-6s we have. ( We overhaul and maintain them in BAC )

We also made this low-cost UGV ( Unmanned Ground Vehicle ) developed by BUET ( Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology ) and MIST ( Military University of Science and Technology ).BMTF ( Bangladesh Machine Tools Factory ) is thought to produce these drones,but no official confirmation.

View attachment 373896 View attachment 373898

There are other UGVs like the one used by DMP ( Dhaka Metropolitan Police ) & CMP ( Chittagong Metropolitan Police ) for bomb detecting and bomb disposal roles.

Bangladesh's doctrine is to keep the military as secret as possible,so there are alot of drone projects which are going on behind the screen.After all, "If you know your enemy and yourself,you need not to fear the results of a hundred battles" - Sun Tzu.

Kira.
Okay, I'll be the first to ask. How the hell is that thing flying? I don't see any propellers and I see combustion before takeoff.

there is no detailed information on the jet that will fly on 2021... all we know for sure is that it will be a prototype completely designed by us and will be a fighter jet... what roles, how many engines, what sensors and all the related is not known... or not announced in other words

Firstly,its not a jet fighter.It'll be a basic trainer ( like PT-6 ) or a basic jet trainer ( like L-39 ) at best.

Okay, I'll be the first to ask. How the hell is that thing flying? I don't see any propellers and I see combustion before takeoff.

Which drone?

Kira.

:rofl:
are u sure all the ingredient in that tiny UAV is completely BD made..? lol and u should know we're assembling REAL jet. not a toy like BD BAAZ what u can buy somewhere else with few money... even buying Chinese small drone would be cheaper and better..
Even the screwdrivers and screws used in that so called UAV are "Made in China" I am sure.

You guys are able to producing them without hassle because you guys got the tech transfer lisence possibly only for indigenous requirements.

Else if you guys are doing without... it's termed as reverse engineering.... which would be near impossible for Myanmar unless it starves its population to death like North Korea.
yes. it can say partly licensed produced..

16463237_1225878494186386_357787731237896728_o.jpg

16386972_1225878650853037_4275431547444520304_n.jpg

16406515_1225879000853002_1058350733821332898_n.jpg

BAC is now working on an actual sophiscated MALE ( Medium Altitude Long Endurance ) UCAV which will be operational in the upcoming years.
Lol UCAV..? Do u have concept design..? What kind of weapon will it carry.. ? I'm interesting it's weapons.. How about FCS and electronic..?
Also,we'll make our own indigneously designed basic trainer whose first flight is scheduled on 2021,which would be similar to the Nanchang PT-6s we have. ( We overhaul and maintain them in BAC )
I don't understand this part.. U means ur trainer will be developed based on PT-6's design..? :D

equipment-bangladesh-air-force.jpg

I don't understand this part.. U means ur trainer will be developed based on PT-6's design..? :D

Well,it would be a basic trainer..so I compared it to our PT-6s.

Lol UCAV..? Do u have concept design..? What kind of weapon will it carry.. ? I'm interesting it's weapons.. How about FCS and electronic..?

Not disclosed yet,but be sure that it'll have AGMs like AR-5,and presicion guided bombs.Design would be based on experience gained from our existing ones...both disclosed & undisclosed.

Kira.

bullshit... we have this negotiation to get yak-152 with tot atm on going.... nothing came to fruition!
and that's the seperate goal.... current goal is to get a jet flying.... trainer like the 130 or l-39 or something similar to a mig 21.... a flying jet!

bullshit... we have this negotiation to get yak-152 with tot atm on going.... nothing came to fruition!
and that's the seperate goal.... current goal is to get a jet flying.... trainer like the 130 or l-39 or something similar to a mig 21.... a flying jet!

L-39 at best.

Kira.

But don't expect anything better from that.We only have experience of making UAVs and overhauling/maintainance of aircraft.

Kira.
you talk like as if i am asking for a f-16 territory jet...
fun fact: oh l-39 is more nimble than a mig21 or any of its derivatives

Looks like a solid fuel rocket pack assisted take off (JATO pack) with a small petrol engine in the nose that produces thrust. The props are spinning but cannot be seen. This is a small 25 to 30cc engine, typically used with weed trimmer applications, but converted for drone use in this case.

Once you use rocket assisted takeoff, you don't need a lot of engine power to stay aloft.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom