What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

I wonder, why BD don't go for Chengdu J-10B as their Next Front line fighters?

Chengdu J-10B already in Full Production right now.
China's itself already show Chengdu J-10B in Zhuhai Airshow 2016 yesterday, that's mean they are Ready to export J-10B for other countries.
https://defence.pk/threads/zhuhai-airshow-china-2016.456208/page-58
https://defence.pk/threads/zhuhai-airshow-china-2016.456208/page-60

I think Bangladesh Economy is capable enough to support Bangladesh Air Force procurement of one Squadron of new fighters.

Chengdu J-10B Information and Analysis
http://chinese-military-aviation.blogspot.co.id/p/fighters-ii.html#J-10B

Chengdu J-10B in Zhuhai Airshow 2016
View attachment 355915
View attachment 355916
View attachment 355917
View attachment 355918

Hope Bangladesh would consider Xian Y-20 Strategic Airlifter too in the future.
View attachment 355919
View attachment 355920

From my understanding there is two production lines of j10s .... one with Russian engines and one with Chinese engines.

With Russian engine J10, china will require Russian agreement to sell. From a BD perspective we are already direct Russian customers... this will complicate matters and for the price it may be better to go with migs or SUs. The point for BD is we want procure defence equipment with minimal baggage. We have bought F7 derivatives from china with Russian engines before offcourse, but these weren't competing with Russian offerings directly which the J10s are.

What BD want is Chinese fighters, unfortunately the Chinese engines is still buggy and is going through the final development phase. I would say fully perfected mass produced j10s is still 10 years away. I think BD will wait for it and as I said will probably buy half a sqd of migs and that's it.

The only other scenario I see is if BAF thinks the Chinese option is too far way before it is realised then BAF will go all in with several sqd of migs and couple of sqd of SUs.

I personally do not believe BAF will buy any F16 (even second hand) or any western fighters. BAF in time will primarily be composed of Chinese jets as we have common strategic outlook that won't change. Every other player in the field will have fluctuating and changing interest, which is not the basis of long term alliance .

BTW how compromised do you think russian/chinese systems are against western machines, aviators and tactics. There's a stereotype soviet-russian/chinese air force can't do anything without ground operators telling them what to do. And I believe during 80s a soviet engineer defected to the west with critical data about soviet air force and not to mention Mig platform as a whole was compromised after U.S. got them after german reunification. It's said that the reason U.S. got so overwhelming aerial victory against Iraqi air force was because/contributed by this very reason.

BTW how compromised do you think russian/chinese systems are against western machines, aviators and tactics. There's a stereotype soviet-russian/chinese air force can't do anything without ground operators telling them what to do. And I believe during 80s a soviet engineer defected to the west with critical data about soviet air force and not to mention Mig platform as a whole was compromised after U.S. got them after german reunification. It's said that the reason U.S. got so overwhelming aerial victory against Iraqi air force was because/contributed by this very reason.
4 SU-35 can secure entire BD airspace including Indian NE with ease. Only F-15C can come close to their potency.

4 SU-35 can secure entire BD airspace including Indian NE with ease. Only F-15C can come close to their potency.
dd14-1.jpg

Nothing like that... yes the mig 29 was totally blown and yes during the soviet times orders were given from ground operations for certain maneuvers etc for the pilot to execute. Blame it in lack of and lagging behind west in computer fire control systems. Since su-30 though... it has improved a lot and now pilots can engage without aid of ground control.

Would say it is the same if not better than westerncounterpart nowadays. Mig had helmet mounted target locker for decades. F35s and f22 have just recently gotten em.

You can check last years victory parade of Bangladesh in which the pilot was instructed from ground control to pull the nose up and tbh the ground control guy sounded super pissed. You have to look for it carefully. ;)

F16 had better kills to loss ratio than Mig 29. Speaking from the perspective of Country who operate Su30 and F16....

F16 had better kills to loss ratio than Mig 29. Speaking from the perspective of Country who operate Su30 and F16....
Fighting against nations whose pilots were absolute rubbish. On paper for ex. F-16 turn rate is 26... 24 with the refuel tank.
Mig 29 Turn rate is 28... same as f-22
But then maneuverability didn't help mig to win did it?
The pilots were just plain douchebag.

Interesting claim. Could you explain further? What's the price tag of SU-35s now?

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom