What's new

Bangladesh Air Force

All that was asked was an outline. Will these noble aspirations become specs, tenders, bid documents?

You can have a look at the BAF modernisation plan. It's posted within the thread. It's assesses threat perception and proposes a roadmap.

All purchases have been following this plan.

An Air Force having deterrence value? That's new. Can you convey that idea to the Pakistanis who may diversify their weekly threats of nuclear destruction of India with something more fresh and exciting.

Aim that at the Pakistanis in one of the PAF threads.

Does India and IAF not state their defence build up for defence? Which country states their armed forces are for offensive capability?

Better picture of Yak130 of Bangladesh :D
View attachment 262208
Talking about pics
Beat this
7585288200_c8299d14d9.jpg

BAF needs to aquire a credible deterrence capability via-a-vis it's neighbours, it's as simple as that.

We are not about to attack anyone but we need to be prepared to defend. The world is a dangerous place where things can turn in minutes.

Our defence must be assured, we can not solely depend on fate.

Yes we cant afford to become syria. We must have enough deterrence.

At the moment people are calling BAF a flying club with plenty of trainers but no real thing.

yes it is true but people without brains will say that
Bangladesh dont have money like India and cannot go around and buy planes what ever you want
every airforce has there own wants and needs

time and things have change the trainers we had was old and we are retiring a lot of planes now so we have to replace them slowly with trainers first
so when new fighter planes come they are already ready to go to that plane
look there is the k8 and yak130 and more of those are coming and there might be news one also
fighter we are looking for adding the Su or Mig series and J10 in future

there is a lot of issues and things you have to do you cannot introduce a fighter plane

New birds in Bangladesh Air Force's inventory.
Two AgustaWestland AW139 MSAR helicopters are being delivered to Bangladesh Air Force a few days ago.
Some basic informations :
-------------------------------------------
• Role : Medium-lift Maritime Search And Rescue/utility helicopter
• Manufacturer : AgustaWestland
• Origin : Italy
• Operator : Bangladesh Air Force
• In service : 2 Units
• Home base : BAF Base Zahurul Haque, Chittagong.
Basic specifications:
----------------------------------
• Crew: 1 to 2
• Capacity: 15 passengers
• Powerplant: 2 × Pratt & Whitney Canada PT6C-67C turboshaft engine, 1,142 kW (1,531 hp) each.
• Maximum speed: 310 km/h (193 mph)
• Cruising speed: 306 km/h (191 mph)
• Range: 1,250 km
• Endurance: 5 hours 56 min
• Service ceiling: 6,096 m (20,000 ft)
• Rate of climb: 10.9 m/s (2,140 ft/min)
These helicopters will be used for Search & Rescue, mainly at sea. Considering it's civilian camouflage these helicopters can also be used as an reconnaissance platform for gathering maritime activities and intelligence.
Photo © PSBD & bdmilitary
‪#‎MSAR‬ ‪#‎BAF‬ ‪#‎AgustaWestlandAW139‬
Shared by: Bangladesh Defence

244 Likes14 Comments

@bongbang @BDforever @Saiful Islam @others

Kamov Ka-50
Unit cost 500 million rubles (approx. $16 million) as of May 2011

Mil Mi-28

Unit cost US$15–16 million (2002)

Boeing AH-64 Apache
Unit cost AH-64A: US$20M (2007)
AH-64D: US$65M (2010)[4]
AH-64E: US$35.5M (FY2014)[

Eurocopter Tiger
Unit cost €27.4m[1] (Tiger HAP, FY2013)
€36.1m[1] (Tiger HAD, FY2013)

Agusta A129 Mangusta
Unit cost US$22 million (International version)

Denel Rooivalk
Unit cost $40 million (2007, estimated)

DON,T KNOW WHAT IS THE PRICE OF CHINES ATTACK HELO............:pop:

What about Mi24/25/35? Battle proven gunship based on our Mi17. Can also transport troops. These are making havoc on Syrian rebels. Comes up with upgrade which mistakes they made in Afghan scenario. I think cost is around $12 million.

Russian Mi-24 Helicopter Pilots in Syria Wow Western Analysts

What about Mi24/25/35? Battle proven gunship based on our Mi17. Can also transport troops. These are making havoc on Syrian rebels. Comes up with upgrade which mistakes they made in Afghan scenario. I think cost is around $12 million.

Russian Mi-24 Helicopter Pilots in Syria Wow Western Analysts

$12 Million is pretty reasonable for the havoc these things can cause. Unlimited (almost) loiter and plenty of countermeasures from missiles and ack ack fire. The powerplants are also well proven.

MI-35 is actually more appropriate for countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh than say Mi-28 which is more specialized, you can at least use the Mi-35's as part time transports. Very conventional and tough as nails.

I think Pakistan has just ordered a trial run of four Mi-35's probably for use in FATA and Waziristan trouble spots (?).

$12 Million is pretty reasonable for the havoc these things can cause. Unlimited (almost) loiter and plenty of countermeasures from missiles and ack ack fire. The powerplants are also well proven.

MI-35 is actually more appropriate for countries like Pakistan and Bangladesh than say Mi-28 which is more specialized, you can at least use the Mi-35's as part time transports. Very conventional and tough as nails.

I think Pakistan has just ordered a trial run of four Mi-35's probably for use in FATA and Waziristan trouble spots (?).

bangladesh should buy some advance mi35 12 million is cheap for the deadly chooper

is BAF buying used MiG-29s?

not that i know of

An Air Force having deterrence value? That's new. Can you convey that idea to the Pakistanis who may diversify their weekly threats of nuclear destruction of India with something more fresh and exciting.
Dont bring pakistan into it mr. Delusional indiot, you should worry about yourself and mr. Pariker whose another joker representing 1.3 billions at our eastern neighbourhood.

I think for BAF it's good to buy some used F-16A/B from USAF as they have many of them with upgrades like MLU-4. I am sure about 100 of the used F-16A/B MLU-4 of any Block will make a big difference for the whole region along with some 50 used MiG-29 UPGs.

I know I am saying too much and BD don't have too much money now. But investing in over 10 years is good.

I think for BAF it's good to buy some used F-16A/B from USAF as they have many of them with upgrades like MLU-4. I am sure about 100 of the used F-16A/B MLU-4 of any Block will make a big difference for the whole region along with some 50 used MiG-29 UPGs.

I know I am saying too much and BD don't have too much money now. But investing in over 10 years is good.
no, operation cost high+ comes with so many conditions and possible future sanction on spare parts

bangladesh should buy some advance mi35 12 million is cheap for the deadly chooper

sir, i may be wrong but i am not agree with you gyes................:rolleyes1: :no:
little bit history..............:D
in vietnam war U.S.A use hyue to transport troops rapidly but soon they need massive fire power and introduce cobra attack helo. so U.S.S.R want a helo to transport and massive fire power both in same platfrom and the result is MI-24 HIND. but it neighter a good attack helo nor a good trops carrier, so the next development is mi-28 and kamov ka-52.
mi-24 is a good platfrom against weak oponent as like isil, taliban but sitting duck against superiour enemy in 2015.............:mod:
sending attack helo against who? mayanmar & india ?.............:pleasantry:
i don,t belive that our air force can achive any air supremacy over enemy unntill now. for me operating a big fat helo mi-24/35 is pure joke and suiecide.............:suicide:
so i want a platfrom as small as possible with advance sensors with big punch..................:nhl_checking:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom