What's new

Bangladesh air force will sign MOU for SU-35 and MIG-35 within week

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is going on behind the scene. Russians probably offered something better to keep ukranian out of the equation.
Ukraine certainly cannot build jet fighter planes. It has little money to do that. It will build only a maintenance workshop for Russian helis in Dhaka. So, how come Ukraine comes to the Russian equation when it wants to sell fighter planes to BD? Can you please explain?

Ukraine certainly cannot build jet fighter planes. It has little money to do that. It will build only a maintenance workshop for Russian helis in Dhaka. So, how come Ukraine comes to the Russian equation when it wants to sell fighter planes to BD? Can you please explain?
The tender is not about building aircraft but upgrading aircraft.

lol MiG 35 ToT ? :rofl:
Could be.

The tender is not about building aircraft but upgrading aircraft.
Where do you find upgrading or such things when the opening thread talks about MoU on procurement of planes from Russia? Are you alright?

BTW just remember some of BD members here claimed that their Mig are SE version. now the tender paper clearly stated that their version is B. LOL

lol MiG 35 ToT ? :rofl:

OK. BD is yet to get official confirmation of what aircraft will be brought.

What we can be certain of is that 8+4 heavy MRCA(tender last year) will be brought and one squadron of lighter MRCA will also be brought(minister said this in parliament for new Cox's Bazaar airbase).

Short term goal is to neutralise the MAF and these aircraft along with the 8 Mig-29s are more than sufficient. Remember that apart from the 6 incoming SU-30SME, the rest of your 4th generation aircraft(Mig-29 and JF-17) will be no match for the new BAF purchases.

I think that BD being a much larger country than Myanmar is reluctant to just purchase weapons and is prepared to wait a bit longer in order to obtain some ToT. We are speculating but maybe Russia has offered some kind of ToT for BD to buy Mig-35 in numbers(2-3 squadrons) and in return will set up a production line in BD and give access to Su-35(plane that BAF really wants as it can take on anything in IAF arsenal). Even assembling Mig-35s will help a lot in kick-starting BD aviation industry. BD already manufactures UAVs and is currently at the design stage of it's own trainer plane.

BD, unlike Myanmar, is large enough(3x population) that it can go it alone and over the next 50 years or so can actually produce pretty much all it's own weapons.

Last edited:
Short term goal is to neutralise the MAF and these aircraft along with the 8 Mig-29s are more than sufficient.
ok :partay:

:pop::pop::pop:
the rest of your 4th generation aircraft(Mig-29 and JF-17) will be no match for the new BAF purchases.
let me know ur newly purchase along with official links.
maybe Russia has offered some kind of ToT for BD to buy Mig-35 in numbers(2-3 squadrons) and in return will set up a production line in BD and give access to Su-35(plane that BAF really wants as it can take on anything in IAF arsenal)
highly doubt about MiG35 ToT. BD already failed to get ToT even in BTR-80 deal which is the largest buyer after Russia itself. and again , in current Armoured vehicles deal with turkey. the above deals are a lot cheaper and no need to have sophisticated technology. and BD dont have such an experience before. ( even dont have assembling a trainer plane from pieces. ? ) so i'm sure even if the deal is happened , it need to take time to receive the first AC for BD. may be even after 2022 ? who know ?

BD already manufactures UAVs and is currently at the design stage of it's own trainer plane.
many countries can do this. even Myanmar already manufactured UAVs called Yellow cat since 2008. already assembled the basic trainers and advanced trainers like K-8W. not a big deal.

highly doubt about MiG35 ToT. BD already failed to get ToT even in BTR-80 deal which is the largest buyer after Russia itself. and again ,

BD never asked for TOT for this.
in current Armoured vehicles deal with turkey. the above deals are a lot cheaper and no need to have sophisticated technology. and BD dont have such an experience before.
Bangladesh is not under any sanction. So every project should have a economic viability unlike Myanmar. I dont think 100 vehicle a year make any project viable. It will just eat up funds allocated for other sectors.

( even dont have assembling a trainer plane from pieces. ? ) so i'm sure even if the deal is happened , it need to take time to receive the first AC for BD. may be even after 2022 ? who know ?

For fighter jets TOT is vital not because we will manufacture but we need an open architecture so that we can use armaments of our own choice regardless of country of origin. Besides we should be able to MRO and service them at home. SU-30 deal did not fly for that. Russian want more money as they will be loosing long term business here.

many countries can do this. even Myanmar already manufactured UAVs called Yellow cat since 2008. already assembled the basic trainers and advanced trainers like K-8W. not a big deal.

Good for you.

I want Bangladesh to spend at least $10B dollar in defense. Burmese have to counter it with more money which will drain their teeny-tiny economy.
I want every Burmese male in Kunming street, begging for money and the females in Pattaya street looking for clients.

I want Bangladesh to spend at least $10B dollar in defense. Burmese have to counter it with more money which will drain their teeny-tiny economy.
I want every Burmese male in Kunming street, begging for money and the females in Pattaya street looking for clients.
Burmese are already got raped left and right. Sold all of its gas to Thai and Chinese and now those same client is selling LNG to them. They spent all those gas money to build Nay Nay pa daw and under ground tunnel to hide themselves.
After LNG project comes online which will more likely paid by the foreign currency coming from other FDI for more loots will eventually break this country to knees.. Just wait and see.

BD never asked for TOT for this.

According to BD’s data, BD have over 1000 BTR-80. assembling or manufacturing 1000apc could save million of money rather than ordering them from aboard. BD failed to do that.
Bangladesh is not under any sanction. So every project should have a economic viability unlike Myanmar. I dont think 100 vehicle a year make any project viable. It will just eat up funds allocated for other sectors.
Lol then According to ur logic , Arzamas Machine building plant in Russia have to shut down soon due to their low production rate. Lol just check how Indonesia work in production of Anoa APC. 100 per year is more than enough for the country like BD. Unlike civilian car production , manufacturing APC take time to produce as it have to pass many tests. It can advance into next step for Bd defence industries. But failed to do it.
For fighter jets TOT is vital not because we will manufacture but we need an open architecture so that we can use armaments of our own choice regardless of country of origin. Besides we should be able to MRO and service them at home. SU-30 deal did not fly for that. Russian want more money as they will be loosing long term business here.
Lol just check How Malaysia Su-30 MKM works. :partay:
I’m also willing to see it. Just raise up to 10 billions or even 20 billion. Let’s see How many of Bangladesh males will come to SG as construction workers and toilet cleaners and female to suadi as maids. And how many of BD generals will become billionaires. :sarcastic:
We’re not stupid. Even BD is raising its budget to 3 billions meanswhile Myanmar reduces it budget to 2.1B from 2.3B last year. Still a threat to BD :P unlike arm importing country like Bd , Myanmar is making its 95% of ammo and most of its platform locally. from Raw material to final product. can save millions to use in other sector. :P

Burmese are already got raped left and right. Sold all of its gas to Thai and Chinese and now those same client is selling LNG to them. They spent all those gas money to build Nay Nay pa daw and under ground tunnel to hide themselves.
After LNG project comes online which will more likely paid by the foreign currency coming from other FDI for more loots will eventually break this country to knees.. Just wait and see.
Lol all of its gas ? Seriously ? Just worry about ur fuel power stations come online as the price are getting high in these days. Lol

I’m also willing to see it. Just raise up to 10 billions or even 20 billion. Let’s see How many of Bangladesh males will arrive as construction workers and toilet cleaners to SG and female as maids to Saudi. And how many of BD generals will become billionaires. :sarcastic:
We’re not stupid. Even BD is raising its budget to 3 billions meanswhile Myanmar reduces it budget to 2.1B from 2.3B last year. Still a threat to BD :P unlike arm importing country like Bd , Myanmar is making its 95% of ammo and most of its platform locally. from Raw material to final product. can save millions to use in other sector. :P
you mean Burma is self-reliant in defence ?:o: OMG ! ! ! that is big achievement ! ! ! even many big powerful countries' have not achieved yet :D

you mean Burma is self-reliant in defence ?:o: OMG ! ! ! that is big achievement ! ! ! even many big powerful countries' have not achieved yet :D
sure. lol can make from small arms , ammo to Howistzer and MLRS. APC to warships. and most of its equipments. yes. Myanmar is self-reliant in defence compared to BD. this fact will be game charger in any war with BD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom