What's new

Featured Bangladesh Air Force Purchases 24 German Trainers With ToT

Pakistan make combat aircraft. Did Pakistan started with small technology and keep improving for many decades?

See post #2976

See post #2976

I read the entire post , but neither I find that Pakistan was manufacturing small pump machines (as precondition ), before started making combat aircraft , nor find that anyone is blaming Pakistan for not making small pump machines before manufacturing combat jets. Thank you.

@Avicenna
I was searching for the manufacturer of small pump machines for farm irrigation. I could not find one for this small machine and here people are talking about Jet Planes!! How Heculiar and Hathetic!!

Every piece of pump machine is imported, it seems. Please send me a link if you found one such manufacturer in BD.

You are very right. Even if what you said about F7 is right, BD must start with small technologies and keep on improving on those for many decades. China has been doing the same for more than 70 years. It is OK if we can do that way.

I was searching for the manufacturer of small pump machines for farm irrigation. I could not find one for this small machine and here people are talking about Jet Planes!! How Heculiar and Hathetic!!

Every piece of pump machine is imported, it seems. Please send me a link if you found one such manufacturer in BD.

By the way, do not please ridicule the F-7 plane. Once upon a time, it was called poor county's F-16. It is a very good plane.
If i remember correctly. Chinese offered BAF the opurtunity to produce F7 BGI inhouse. But BAF rejected it.

If BAF accepted the deal

Today BAF would have atleast 100+ F7BGI, which would be good for point defense, ground support and would have dettered burmese air force simply due to overwhelming superiror numbers.

Also BAF would have gained nearly a decade worth of aircraft production from the ground up. This would have been really valuable. F-7BGI is 3.5 gen. Making a 4th gen with Chinese help from scratch would have been a natural next step...

By 2030 BAF would have had its own version of jf17. Or something similar/better

Why our requirement is low? What is the basis of your claim?
How many fighter squadrons do you think baf will keep ? Given our war doctrine and size of our airspace 4-5 squadron of proper fighter is enough. Let's say 2 squadron of twin engine mrca and 2-3 squadron of single engine jets. You wont need a production line for that. What you need is a MRO plant where you can maintain these jets and you can produce some spare parts so that you can keep the fleet running.

Pakistan make combat aircraft. Did Pakistan started with small technology and keep improving for many decades?

Pakistan started small. K-8 is an example. Also we had other industries specially the MRF that allowed engineers the know how.

Alternatively we were also working on target drones and other smaller UAV's.

It was not one fine day some one said lets build JF-17... The project started much earlier with the Super7 project

Here is a company producing agricultural machinery in BD.... but not pumps.... still progresss...

There are a few more thats seems to be scaling up...

This company is not producing pumps but is producing higher-value other agriculture machines. Thanks for the input. It seems that a few BD companies are producing pumps as well but the country imports this item. I have seen a few.

I would much appreciate it if some of these companies open the imported machines, understand the technologies/parts involved and ask their mechanical engineers to do reverse engineering.

Engineers have to redesign a new product, not the exact replica of the one they are trying to reproduce. Most of the parts can be manufactured in a Lathe Machine Workshop. This is what every country does or did at some point but our manufacturers need govt supports.

How many fighter squadrons do you think baf will keep ? Given our war doctrine and size of our airspace 4-5 squadron of proper fighter is enough. Let's say 2 squadron of twin engine mrca and 2-3 squadron of single engine jets. You wont need a production line for that. What you need is a MRO plant where you can maintain these jets and you can produce some spare parts so that you can keep the fleet running.
Perhaps they have different plans, that we civilians don't know. Military secrete should remain secrete; otherwise it will be worse than vaccine deal.
Pakistan started small. K-8 is an example. Also we had other industries specially the MRF that allowed engineers the know how.

Alternatively we were also working on target drones and other smaller UAV's.

It was not one fine day some one said lets build JF-17... The project started much earlier with the Super7 project
I understand what you said. But is manufacturing small pumps that use for irrigation was a precondition of manufacturing combat jet? Please follow the comments of @bluesky !

It's not that I disagree with his all method; specially he talks civil engineering subjects very well , he talks about vocational training that will create new jobs inside Bangladesh, thus gulf dependency will be reduced. He also want Bangladesh making train coaches and trucks. All are fantastic advice, I wholeheartedly with him in such cases , honestly speaking!

But he never explain that why we can't take attempt to make jet plain before making other things. In this case he always thinks very text book style, that's disappointing!

Even he used pure Nokhailla accent , "How Heculiar and Hathetic!!" , instead of "How peculiar and pathetic.", as a part of his sarcasm!:what: :undecided:

Last edited:
they have different plans, that we civilians don't know. Military secrete should remain secrete; otherwise it will be worse than vaccine deal.
Yeah obviously but to understand what I said you dont need to be a military personal. Coas said it multiple times that we cant enter into an arms race. And actually we shouldn't. We should focus on economy and keep a small but advanced force. With economy our military will grow accordingly.

all these tall claims because you guys buy some basic trainer ? this unit cost of this basic trainer is something like 750,000 $

The Myanmar Air Force operates a fleet of 20 G 120TP (+10) training aircraft too how many typhoons they have ?

Last edited:
all these tall claims because you guys buy some basic trainer ? this unit cost of this basic trainer is something like 750,000 $

The Myanmar Air Force operates a fleet of 20 G 120TP (+10) training aircraft too how many typhoons they have ?

Buddy are you like 7 or something ? No one here is making tall claims and besides Myanmar can't purchase major Western weapons like the Typhoon anyways so how do you even put those 2 together ?????

We will definitely be getting a Western fighter for sure , but we have to choose properly for geo political reasons

this was first try decades ago

1623526480020.png

Buddy are you like 7 or something ? No one here is making tall claims and besides Myanmar can't purchase major Western weapons like the Typhoon anyways so how do you even put those 2 together ?????

We will definitely be getting a Western fighter for sure , but we have to choose properly for geo political reasons
just look the users of this tinny baby and come back to me how many of them buy western fighters? this toy can be purchased on internet with few hundred thousands dollars just try to find it used one for sale dozens results came out from google .

View attachment 752828

just look the users of this tinny baby and come back to me how many of them buy western fighters? this toy can be purchased on internet with few hundred thousands dollars just try to find it used one for sale dozens results came out from google .
Do you use it for irrigation?

Do you use it for irrigation?
multipurpose trainer reconnaissance and so on , PAC was established by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) as part of the new defence policy introduced in 1972

multipurpose trainer reconnaissance and so on , PAC was established by the Pakistan Air Force (PAF) as part of the new defence policy introduced in 1972
Let me rephrase my question. Is this thing ( the plane picture you posted) is actually small pump that you use for irrigation?

I see that it's a plane ,not a small pump! :undecided:

View attachment 752828

If it's a small plane , we have have to build such thing before making jet.

If it's not a plane ,but a small pump that is used for irrigation, then I have nothing to say.

Back
Top Bottom