What's new

BANGLADESH AIR FORCE CHIEF RETURNS HOME FROM USA

Why did America make sure you can't anymore of their weapons then huh ? At least we didn't get bombed by America and now in a debt trap with China. :sarcastic:
It only happens when one side consider other side as hostile or unfriendly. Yet once again they approved for training of our personnel(which we are least bothered).

My country is soooo irrelevant to you , yet has a higher GDP and GDP per capita LMAO
Agian same old mantrA, LET THE gsp STATUS FINISHES, WE WILL SEE WHERE YOUR TITSY BITSY COUNTRY SDTANDING.
Why is America trying to focus so much on us then ? Why is China investing more in this nation then , why is Japan and Korea trying to invest in Bangladesh then huh ? Exactly
USA is not focusing us on your country exclusively, you just happens to be in the neighbourhood of china, by giving you couple of toys as usuall they are trying to win the hearts of common bengladeshi people.
Keep on dreaming that Bangladesh isn't important , Pakistan isn't a big boy in his neighborhood anymore and especially when most of it's military equipment is foreign made.
Pakistan is and will remain as a big boy , which your country can only dream of , again in the world politic your country is almost irrelevant. Yes yes all our equipment is important, bet it JF17 or alkhalid tanks or T59 your army uses. We also dont export anything to south africa, turkey, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Nigeria, UAE and many more.
When people think of a superpower they don't mention Pakistan , they mention America.

Yes now they will mention bengladesh, (BTW we never claimed to be a super power unlike your daddy endia, yet we are growing, no wonder we have loads of enemies).

How will it be Rafale mostly ? Is there any proof

Sorry buddy keep dreaming , you guys are Chinese controlled now and the U.S has no business with you. We are important and just accept that silly wanker.

The only wanker and idiot is you uncle, let see when you try to get out of dragons control, your freebies will be finished. Yes we dream first and then make it happen, unlike your titsy bitsy state which might not be able to survive by the end end of this century.
[/QUO

I personally do not care if BAF gets any F-16 or not. However, I will say that BD's geographical location is very important for India and China.

Its important but also dependant on many factors as Myanmar is also a player in that region.

Guys, before we get too excited about 32 Superhornets for BAF, remember that these will totally drain BAF allocation for the rest of this decade and BD needs to start building capabilities in the latter part of this decade against India - think J-35 from China which India will have no counter to till next decade at the earliest.

BAF needs some 16 4+ gen jets from the West with missiles such as Meteor and 2-3 AWACS and MAF is totally neutralised. Any more is a bit of a waste and remember that BAF also will have 8 upgraded and relatively modern Mig-29s.

Also buying from USA will mean that BD will be susceptible to massive pressure from USA to "do things" and that will seriously annoy China and BD needs to strike a middle-ground between USA and China.

The geopolitics that BD finds itself in should rule out any major combat system purchase from USA.

You bring up a GREAT point about limited resources.

I'm of the opinion, the BAF is a low capability organization.

Fix the culture first by working with better quality air arms.

And in scale.

More than 1 squadron.

You need to re-work the ENTIRE organization.

A substantial purchase of 4+ gen fighters will do that.

5th gen is niche and will be. (Note USAF plans for further 4+/5- gen new builds)

IMO, better for BAF to learn to jog before it wants to run a marathon.

Last edited:
You bring up a GREAT point about limited resources.

Fix the culture first by working with better quality air airms.

And in scale.

More than 1 squadron.

You need to re-work the ENTIRE organization.

A substantial purchase of 4+ gen fighters will do that.

5th gen is niche and will be. (Note USAF plans for further 4+/5- gen new builds)

IMO, better for BAF to learn to jog before it wants to run a marathon.

BAF needs to learn how to walk first lol , but anyways we can definitely expect a fighter to be chosen next year 2022 Airshow.

BAF needs to learn how to walk first lol , but anyways we can definitely expect a fighter to be chosen next year 2022 Airshow.

BAF has been operating 4th gen fighters for 2 decades now and already has 4 upgraded Mig-29s that have relatively modern radar and avionics that will allow learning full BVR techniques.

There is nothing to preclude BD from going for Chinese 5th gen fighters in the latter half of this decade and they would be far better than anything India has. Just 1-2 squadrons of these fighters would seriously affect the air-balance between BD and India when combined with 1-2 squadrons of 4+ gen fighters from the West, although their use would be suspect against India.

The thinking that BD needs to spend another 10-15 years getting used to modern 4+ jets first before buying 5th gen jets is a fallacy as BD already has been operating 4th gen jets for 20 years and will have had a good 10 more years before any 5th gen jets concieveably land in BD.

If BAF cannot efficiently operate 5th gen jets, then they cannot also do the same for a fleet of 4+ gen jets.

BD needs to aim for a fleet comprised of 4+/5 gen fighters by the mid-2030s.

images.jpeg-49.jpg

Guys, before we get too excited about 32 Superhornets for BAF, remember that these will totally drain BAF allocation for the rest of this decade and BD needs to start building capabilities in the latter part of this decade against India - think J-35 from China which India will have no counter to till next decade at the earliest.

BAF needs some 16 4+ gen jets from the West with missiles such as Meteor and 2-3 AWACS and MAF is totally neutralised. Any more is a bit of a waste and remember that BAF also will have 8 upgraded and relatively modern Mig-29s.

Also buying from USA will mean that BD will be susceptible to massive pressure from USA to "do things" and that will seriously annoy China and BD needs to strike a middle-ground between USA and China.

The geopolitics that BD finds itself in should rule out any major combat system purchase from USA.
I'd generally caution against multiple imported platforms.

I don't want to drown you guys with the "logistics" argument, but I'm not approaching this from an insincere standpoint. I genuinely mean this when I say it: You're going to be better off with one modern fighter type in the long-run. Don't get stuck with different operating procedures, training requirements, parts, etc.

There's a reason why most NATO air forces have moved to one platform type -- BD needs to think based on those lines. Think ahead of Myanmar, Pakistan, and India.

Finally, your gov't needs to understand that air power doesn't come cheap. It'll need to prepare an outlay of at least $1-2 b per year to sustain the acquisitions the BAF requires.

I think 32 Super Bugs, 4 Erieye-ER AEW&C and a long-range SAM can work within that budget over 10 years (i.e., 10-12 b). Your economy can handle it. IMO...talking up GDP etc is fine among policy experts, but when it comes to your enemies, you need to speak in terms of PGBs and SOWs.

If not 32 Super Bugs, then look at 48 Gripen E/F or -- if you really want to push it -- 32 KAI KF-21s.

Indonesia will also likely to buy F 16 block 72 as US has clear the possibility to have the latest version without any down grade. LM officials have also endorsed

Why ? Because Prabowo plan to buy Rafale is hampered with the French will only allow the acquisition if Indonesia order at least 36 planes, while the reality is that our Finance Minister only approve 1.1 billion USD for fighters acquisition (smaller than when it is approved by Planning Minister of 1.6 billion USD)

We have already had 32 F 16, so I believe they will go for F 16 block 72 with that approved budget (until 2024/End of Jokowi admin)

Indonesia has also been able to do MLU and upgrade program of F 16 in the country with only supervised with 2 LM engineers. So F 16 Block 72 is the right choice where the operating cost is also less expensive than Rafale and F 15 EX with many pilots are already familiar with the plane

I'd generally caution against multiple imported platforms.

I don't want to drown you guys with the "logistics" argument, but I'm not approaching this from an insincere standpoint. I genuinely mean this when I say it: You're going to be better off with one modern fighter type in the long-run. Don't get stuck with different operating procedures, training requirements, parts, etc.

There's a reason why most NATO air forces have moved to one platform type -- BD needs to think based on those lines. Think ahead of Myanmar, Pakistan, and India.

Finally, your gov't needs to understand that air power doesn't come cheap. It'll need to prepare an outlay of at least $1-2 b per year to sustain the acquisitions the BAF requires.

I think 32 Super Bugs, 4 Erieye-ER AEW&C and a long-range SAM can work within that budget over 10 years (i.e., 10-12 b). Your economy can handle it. IMO...talking up GDP etc is fine among policy experts, but when it comes to your enemies, you need to speak in terms of PGBs and SOWs.

If not 32 Super Bugs, then look at 48 Gripen E/F or -- if you really want to push it -- 32 KAI KF-21s.

BAF wanted older Gripens but Sweden said no and told us they would sell new ones , after that BAF just quit on getting the Gripens.

Honestly Gripens were great for us , but for geo politics the EFT makes the most sense

How will it be Rafale mostly ? Is there any proof
Bro is there any proof its gonna be eft ? It's all speculation. No one knows for sure except baf high officials. My guess is rafale . But we will know soon...very soon.

Bro is there any proof its gonna be eft ? It's all speculation. No one knows for sure except baf high officials. My guess is rafale . But we will know soon...very soon.

I mean we aren't that close to France , and EFT makes more sense in geo politics rather than a French aircraft that the French can easily block spare parts to us during a war with India.

Can't risk going French

I mean we aren't that close to France , and EFT makes more sense in geo politics rather than a French aircraft that the French can easily block spare parts to us during a war with India.

Can't risk going French
Bro Germany/Spain can block eft parts too. Germany has better relation with India. Though we are buying Grobs from Germany. I also want eft but let's see what happen. You are right about the geo politics part. But most of eft weapons are US origin. Let's hope for the best. At this point I don't care whether its eft or rafale or F16/18. I just want some damn 4.5gen jets in our inventory :p

Bro Germany/Spain can block eft parts too. Germany has better relation with India. Though we are buying Grobs from Germany. I also want eft but let's see what happen. You are right about the geo politics part. But most of eft weapons are US origin. Let's hope for the best. At this point I don't care whether its eft or rafale or F16/18. I just want some damn 4.5gen jets in our inventory :p

Honestly same , also we have to teach these Burmese thugs a lesson too lol

Back
Top Bottom