What's new

BANGLADESH AIR FORCE CHIEF RETURNS HOME FROM USA

Bro Germany/Spain can block eft parts too. Germany has better relation with India. Though we are buying Grobs from Germany. I also want eft but let's see what happen. You are right about the geo politics part. But most of eft weapons are US origin. Let's hope for the best. At this point I don't care whether its eft or rafale or F16/18. I just want some damn 4.5gen jets in our inventory :p

How did you figure most of EFT weapons are US origin?

The most important, air to air missiles, are from Europe and they are now developing anti-ship cruise missiles like SPEAR for introduction by 2025.

Only the precision bombs are of US origin and BD does not really need them for its use of EFT.

How did you figure most of EFT weapons are US origin?

The most important, air to air missiles, are from Europe and they are now developing anti-ship cruise missiles like SPEAR for introduction by 2025.

Only the precision bombs are of US origin and BD does not really need them for its use of EFT.
We are not getting meteor anytime soon. Baf's initial weapons package will be very limited. They will buy a few bvr missiles , a few short range missiles and few bombs. That's it.

We are not getting meteor anytime soon. Baf's initial weapons package will be very limited. They will buy a few bvr missiles , a few short range missiles and few bombs. That's it.

Yup sounds about right!

But then if not Meteor than what?

AMRAAM?

Gonna need Uncle Sam's help for that one.

How did you figure that out?

If BAF commits then all weapons, including Meteor, will be available to it.

If BAF is going to buy AMRAAM with a European fighter then it would be better off just buying a Western fighter fighter from USA. USA would be more than willing to supply BD with F-16s/F-18s etc but at a “price” extra to just the purchase costs.

How did you figure that out?

If BAF commits then all weapons, including Meteor, will be available to it.

If BAF is going to buy AMRAAM with a European fighter then it would be better off just buying a Western fighter fighter from USA. USA would be more than willing to supply BD with F-16s/F-18s etc but at a “price” extra to just the purchase costs.
Availability doesn't mean baf will buy. Baf has a budget restriction. Baf will buy weapons phase by phase. Limited number of weapons. And F16 and F18 already on offer. With bvr.

Availability doesn't mean baf will buy. Baf has a budget restriction. Baf will buy weapons phase by phase. Limited number of weapons. And F16 and F18 already on offer. With bvr.

Meteor is not much more expensive than AMRAAM 120C7 and same as 120D model.

Why would BAF not want a first batch of Meteor with EFT purchase?

I am not sure on the point you are actually trying to make here.

Back
Top Bottom