What's new

Baloch nationalists want repatriation of Afghan refugees

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
QUETTA: Baloch nationalist parties and tribal leaders have asked the government to expedite the repatriation of Afghan refugees in Balochistan who, they said, are causing demographic changes and lawlessness in the province.

Hundreds of workers of the Balochistan National Party (BNP), National Party, Baloch Students' Organisation and other political groups attended a rally in Quetta on Sunday to press for their demands. Baloch leaders addressing the rally accused the ‘establishment’ of trying to convert the Baloch population into a minority by secretly granting local certificates, national identity cards and land ownership to Afghans in Balochistan. BNP Secretary General and former senator Habib Jalib called upon the federal and provincial governments to withdraw land allotments and national identity cards for Afghan refugees. Jalib said the Baloch - who had been generously hosting the Afghan refugees since war engulfed Afghanistan in 1979 - felt that ‘hidden forces’ were trying to convert them into a minority by patronising refugees in the province. "Afghan refugees are a source of constant unrest in Balochistan. Peace has returned to Afghanistan and the Baloch people have hosted the Afghan refugees for an extended period. It is time the government send them back to their country so that peace and tranquillity may return to Balochistan," Jalib said. He said a recent Baloch conference had decided that the Baloch should not sell their lands to the non-Baloch to prevent further demographic changes in the province.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Even if we see the governing body of Gawadar port... there is condition that it has to be baloch nationalist... so i think every one considers their rights ... so what are demands by our baloch baradran... I think every province have some problems...

Even if we see the governing body of Gawadar port... there is condition that it has to be baloch nationalist... so i think every one considers their rights ... so what are demands by our baloch baradran... I think every province have some problems...

Afghan refugees are not Pakistanis so I agree with Balochs that its time for Afghan refugees to go back to Afghanistan, all Pakistanis all ethnic groups of Pakistan have welcomed them and took care of them for too long now, but I think Balochs are seriously too obsessed with ethnic groups. The reason might be that they make up only 3.5% of Pakistan's total population, they're the smallest ethnic group of Pakistan and they deserve our attention not Afghani refugees.

Last edited:
Send these traitors back to there sh** hole, we have done soo much for these people but they are more anti Pakistani than the Indians.

Plus these refugees have started drug smuggling and prostitution and they somehow think they did a favor by coming to Pakistan because US is giving aid to Pakistan for these refugees!!!

Send these traitors back to there sh** hole, we have done soo much for these people but they are more anti Pakistani than the Indians.

It's Unbelievable to me but true. I also notice afgans are pro-indian for some weird reson beyond my Comprehension.

Ithink enough is enough. Afghanis have outlived their welcome, and are an eyesore for the whole of pakistan. The sooner we send them back and seal the border the better.
Araz

i think we need to think big. we are a muslim country and at this point in time afghanis need us. everyone knows how things are in afghanistan. they are not only in balochistan but also in pakhtonkwa, islamabad and karachi. sending them back will not be moraly gud for a state which calls itself islamic republic. however gov should make sure that these ppl get registered so that once things in afghanistan start improving we could send them back. i do agree that with wat our baloch brothers are sayin but we need to show some restraint.
with respect to gwadar, baloch majority and authority can only be maintained if gov invests in training programes. once traffic at gwadar port increases it will be difficult for the firms to only give jobs to baloch ppl who lack skills. just giving statements that first preference will be given to baloch ppl is not gonna work. gov espacially provincial gov should better start doin massive investment in education and training if they want baloch to remain in majority. if they dont do that then either balochistan will not develop or baloch ppl will no more be in majority.

when u pass a comment regardin afghanis make sure u know the history. these are the ppl who always used to come for our help wheneva muslims in india were in trouble. if they dont lik us today we cant blame them. its our fault and we should be ashamed of ourselves instead pointin fingures toward our afghani muslim brothers. we gave our air bases to americans which they used to bomb their country.
imagine if india gives her air bases to US to bomb pakistan but laters accepts some of us as refugees. will u be greatful to them for acceptin some of us as refugees??
dont forget afghanistan was a muslim country and we, Islamic republic of pakistan, helped an anti muslim country to destroy a muslims country. wateva pak is goin through today is exactly wat we deserved.
we have lost our respect in muslim world and even the western world whom we helped are swearin at us today.
the problem with us muslims today is that we have lost our faith in Allah. we dont think about Him when making our decisions but rather think about dollars we will be gettin in this world.

when u pass a comment regardin afghanis make sure u know the history. these are the ppl who always used to come for our help wheneva muslims in india were in trouble. if they dont lik us today we cant blame them. its our fault and we should be ashamed of ourselves instead pointin fingures toward our afghani muslim brothers. we gave our air bases to americans which they used to bomb their country.
imagine if india gives her air bases to US to bomb pakistan but laters accepts some of us as refugees. will u be greatful to them for acceptin some of us as refugees??
dont forget afghanistan was a muslim country and we, Islamic republic of pakistan, helped an anti muslim country to destroy a muslims country. wateva pak is goin through today is exactly wat we deserved.
we have lost our respect in muslim world and even the western world whom we helped are swearin at us today.
the problem with us muslims today is that we have lost our faith in Allah. we dont think about Him when making our decisions but rather think about dollars we will be gettin in this world.

Mera bhai...its time we Pakistanis start putting our own people first. For decades, Afghanis have seeked refuge in almost every city in Pakistan. Our people have been generous enough giving Afghanis shelter, food, clothings, blanket..now is the time our own Pakistani people need our attention.
Pakistan is also going through a crisis now, our people in Balochistan are crying for attention, why should we give priority to Afghanis over our own people in Balochistan?

My friend, the world today is a cruel place. No country cares about Muslim brotherhood anymore. Tell me of all thats hapening in Kashmir for last 61 years, how mnay Muslim countries raise their voices for their Muslim brothers and sisters in Kashmir? Most Arabs dont even know whats happening in Kashmir, they stay neutral and dont even side with their Muslim brothers..and these are rich developed Muslim countries.

Our nation is still a developing nation, our people are suffering and crying out for our attention, we cant be thinking about people from other nations anymore. We have done more than enough and we cant be keeping Afghanis in Pakistan forever. We must concentrate on the needs of our own people now.

P.S. When a superpower threatens to bomb a developing nation into the stone age, the leader must put its own 162 million people first before anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom