What's new

Bal Thackeray, Hindu leader and Shiv Sena founder, dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bombay was a artificial creation which did not have the flavour of the soil. Some page 3 celebrities and gentry does not constitute Mumbai. The average Mumbaikar constitute it. And yesterday it was clear to me.

Artificial creation!! hahahahahahaha. First of all, unlike Delhi, Agra, Pune etc. - both Bombay and Calcutta are completely European creations. This is reflected in its architecture. I like the fact the Sena was adamant in renaming Bombay to Mumbai but was fine with Aurangabad being named after Aurangzeb. LOL - flavor of the soil!

The thing is I'm not opposing Balasaheb giving job to Kashmiri refugees but his xenophobic attitude towards rest of Indians. Two things don't connect.

He was a controversial character, but a man that spoke the truth, and in a country that is infested with coward politicians, we definitely needed a couple like him. Yes he made the occasional outburst on uneducated Biharis and UP-ites, but is it really a crime to speak frankly on the issues that affect the local issues? As a Punjabi Hindu that was born and grew up in Mumbai, 90% of the slums are inhabitated by migrants of UP/Bihari uneducated Muslims. Thats what Thackeray's main target was.

See this interview to get a full range of the views of their politics and ideologies:

Last edited by a moderator:
But Sainiks are both regionalist and chauvinist.

I dont agree with that. Some may be. But not all are. I have first hand experience.

You are requested to call back Dawood & his underworld criminals & invite all uneducated up/bihari immigrants to your city & make a NewYork as per your wishes.

You are requested to join the Ku Klux Klan and started a Bombay - ooops Mumbai chapter and terrorize and lynch all those who you see a threat.

Yes cosmopolitan and broad in its outlook in Colaba and few isolated pockets with 12 ft walled compounds with CCTV cameras. Safety and security of life is the most important thing and everything come after that. I can go out at 3 in the morning today and come home unscathed that would be almost impossible in few other "cosmopolitan" cities like Delhi. And as such Mumbai is not that bad in its cosmopolitan nature.

Yea well - as opposed to the slums of Dharavi and beyond.

Artificial creation!! hahahahahahaha. First of all, unlike Delhi, Agra, Pune etc. - both Bombay and Calcutta are completely European creations. This is reflected in its architecture. I like the fact the Sena was adamant in renaming Bombay to Mumbai but was fine with Aurangabad being named after Aurangzeb. LOL - flavor of the soil!

Yes they are and that was evident the day while the bombayites were cribbing about not getting their cable channels the mumbaikars were out on the streets in a show of grief.

And if I am not wrong the Sena has always demanded that Aurangabad renamed to Sambaji nagar while it was the congress that has rejected it.

Yea well - as opposed to the slums of Dharavi and beyond.

The slums of Dharavi are more original than the plastic artificiality of Bandra West or such areas.

Krait, but u must understand that there were circumstances in which states like Gujarat or Maharashtra prospered & other states became under-developed, Could u imagine, Nehru, Indira, Rajiv, Atal, VP singh (our former PMs) belonged to the one state of UP, but what development UP has seen, even our PMs who remained in power for so long neglected there own home states & the result was over-population & under-development of UP, even my state of MP is proudly one of the constituent of BIMARU states, these states have been neglected for 65 years of Independence - No education, No employment, No good governance, No coastline, No attention.

My state MP's condition is pathetic owing to the fact that max. MPs selected from here belongs to BJP while the govt. at center is of Congress, so every minister be it rail, defence or any other minister neglects MP just for the simple fact that it is run by opposition party, before that it was congress in state while BJP at center, result being same again, but states like Maharashtra & Gujarat have been always looked after since important cities like Mumbai, Pune, Ahmedabad, etc. are in these states & if not looked after it will affect the Indian stature in this world.

I completely agree about how the local people feel when they are just getting unemployed not b'coz of themselves but from outsiders, but this is what is the rule of this world, a Bihari will go to Mumbai for search of Job, a Mumbaikar will go to London or Paris for better opportunity & a Parisian will go to New York for earning more, if every country/state/city gets tempted by the option of making the outsider run owing to beating them than this will be an end to what we call "human civilization". I am not against Shiv Sena, in fact i would like them to come to power in next elections, but violence is not a good option & it's even bad when done to our own countrymen.

Bro its much the opposite what we Maharashtrians believe.

We believe that we have given much to the country, but never gotten a fair shot at the center politically because of cow belt politics.

Its an ongoing joke - the Marathas could never reach Delhi.

Yes they are and that was evident the day while the bombayites were cribbing about not getting their cable channels the mumbaikars were out on the streets in a show of grief.

And if I am not wrong the Sena has always demanded that Aurangabad renamed to Sambaji nagar while it was the congress that has rejected it.

The slums of Dharavi are more original than the plastic artificiality of Bandra West or such areas.

So - 2 million were on the streets - I think even that is an exaggerated figure. 18 odd million were inside their homes. The numbers don't stack up in the favor of the Mumbaikars then.

Original in terms of what - living in sewage, no access to sanitation - a ticking time bomb in case of any industrial mishap in those small one-room workshops. If you are proud of Dharavi being part of the city - then you clearly have no clue about anything.

Bro its much the opposite what we Maharashtrians believe.

We believe that we have given much to the country, but never gotten a fair shot at the center politically because of cow belt politics.

Its an ongoing joke - the Marathas could never reach Delhi.

Doc, pls don't talk about regionalism, We all are ultimately INDIANS, but u must see that if Mumbai currently is the financial center of India than it's not just b'coz of Mumbaikars alone, but all Indians have contributed to make it the one, Maybe Marathas could never reach Delhi but maybe ur neighbors from Gujarat can ;)

Depends on what we do in next general elections.

Doc, pls don't talk about regionalism, We all are ultimately INDIANS, but u must see that if Mumbai currently is the financial center of India than it's not just b'coz of Mumbaikars alone, but all Indians have contributed to make it the one, Maybe Marathas could never reach Delhi but maybe ur neighbors from Gujarat can ;)

Depends on what we do in next general elections.

Yes bro I agree. We are all Indians.

But amongst us Indians, I cannot understand why a Maharashtrian has never become PM.

Good riddance, a vile hate-filled pagan fundamentalist and Hindu terrorist is dead, the world is a safer place without him.

But amongst us Indians, I cannot understand why a Maharashtrian has never become PM.

Not the only state which can say that.

Now u are asking a question which will start a chain reaction, I am from MP, has an MPian ever been PM??? Has ever a Haryanvi been a PM?? Has ever a Keralite been a PM??? Not even a Delhite has ever become a PM :lol:

We consists of 28 states & we are only into our 66th year of independence, how could u think that we can have a PM from each & every state of India in just 65 years??? Plus it's also about an unwritten law of our Constitution where the PM (for most of the time) will be from a "family" & the "family" comes from the state of UP, so u have only UPian as a PM :D

But our goal is not PMship for every state, our goal should be to make INDIA a power to reckon with.

Agreed.

But I don't live in other states.

But doc - you've had better representation in the PM department than most of us have. Rajiv Gandhi was Parsi. Morarji Desai was from Bombay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom