What's new

Bajrang Dal terrorists attack Churches

Erm....that's rather convenient isn't it? Whatever problems are there in Islam cannot be the fault of the religion.
Well yes its not the fault of the religion. Terrorism? One Muslim does it and the other one doesn't? What does that tell you? Something's screwed up in that one guys mind not the religion.

The fact is that conversion from Islam is Illegal and highly punishable in most Islamic countries, and the reasons behind it are religions.
Yes but not in secular countries.

You can convert from Islam too. In a secular country the state cannot ban conversions. Either own up to not being a secular country first.

Sunday, 26 November 2006
Orissa Dalits hope to enter Jagannath temple

P S Thakur, Prabhat Parida, NDTV.COm

Saturday, November 25, 2006 (Keredagarh):

Lord Jagannath may be called the God of the downtrodden but not everyone has access to him. And certainly not, if you are a Dalit.

The upper castes have never allowed Dalits to enter the temple at Keredagarh in Kendrapara district of Orissa, since it was built some 250 years ago.

The Dalits have to be content peeping through the nine holes in the compound wall of the temple.

NGO support

But now, with support from various state-level organisations, Dalits have decided to enter the temple on Sunday.

"We want to reiterate that it's our constitutional right to enter the temple like others and pray. We want to do it in a peaceful way. If anyone tries to prevent us, it's up to the administration to deal with them," said Rajkishore Muduli, Dalit Leader, Keredagarh.

With local groups politicising the issue, things have become complicated. A pro-Dalit body plans to hold a rally of around 20,000 people on Sunday.

But upper caste leaders from outside who have been camping in the village say they will not allow the Dalits to enter the temple.

"We are opposed to their entry. We want caste-based discrimination to go from our constitution, polity and education. Only then we will allow them entry. We have decided to block all routes and even sleep on the roads to ensure the rally doesn't enter the village," said Seshdev Nanda, Leader, Uchcha Jaati Vikash Parishad.
Security measures

The district administration says things won't go out of hand. It has made heavy security arrangements in the village.

"We shall try for an amicable settlement between both groups. But at the same time we are also taking steps to ensure law and order is not breached on November 26," said Satrughan Parida, SP, Kendrapara.

The controversy over denying Dalits the right to enter the temple has been on for the past two years.

The administration did nothing last year when upper caste people penalised and humiliated four Dalit girls for entering the temple.

You can convert from Islam too. In a secular country the state cannot ban conversions. Either own up to not being a secular country first.

That's because the laws of secular countries are not derived from the Quran. Kind obvious actually.

In any case, it is a huge stigma for a muslim to convert to another religion in secular countries, because religious preachers are against it. I wonder why.

Just as a challenge, lets see Hindus convert more Christians and Muslims to Hinduism.
And no you can't call everyone a Hindu and cheat :).

Let democracy decide which is the best religion :D.

See give it up, your demand that people stop converting Hindus to their religions is like a child throwing a tantrum. If people don't want to be Hindu, then that's that. If I give a Hindu a candy and tell him to become Christian, and he does, then that's the private matter of that individual.

No business of the state. And no business of fundo nutjobs either.

That's because the laws of secular countries are not derived from the Quran. Kind obvious actually.

In any case, it is a huge stigma for a muslim to convert to another religion in secular countries, because religious preachers are against it. I wonder why.

Then why Christians are killed in huge numbers in India if your laws are based on secularism.

Hypocrats to the core.

come up with one verse from Quran once i again i challange you to come up with only one single verse there is any punishment for converting to other faiths.

Just as a challenge, lets see Hindus convert more Christians and Muslims to Hinduism.

Erm...Hindus don't convert. And you are being rather Juvenile Asim. I am not a religious preacher but an atheist. I wouldn't dream of converting anyone to a faith I don't believe in myself.

Democracy cannot ascertain the truth. If that were the case, universities would do their research based on global polls.

See give it up, your demand that people stop converting Hindus to their religions is like a child throwing a tantrum. If people don't want to be Hindu, then that's that. If I give a Hindu a candy and tell him to become Christian, and he does, then that's the private matter of that individual.

It has implications beyond childish statements like "Candy" and "Tantrum", but lets forget it, since clearly you are not one to reason in matters of faith.

Now go and tell that to the Government of China, and do it on this forum please ;)

Why would a Muslim care about an Islamic stigma while leaving Islam? Why would anyone care about religious preachers?

Most muslims that forego Islam have been the ones who go towards atheism. And you know atheists are religious nutjobs of their own kinds as well.

I can live with a Muslim being converted out of Islam. But YOU want a state imposed ban!

:lol: well they need to understand if one can leave his religion for even economic reason then how strong or fair his belief and religion might be.

They are blaming Christians for developing the living standard of the poor Dalits and call for ban on conversions out of free will but failed to see faults with Hinduism that promotes cast system and discrimination on the basis if this cast system.

Erm...Hindus don't convert. And you are being rather Juvenile Asim. I am not a religious preacher but an atheist. I wouldn't dream of converting anyone to a faith I don't believe in myself.

:lol: ohhh my mine and who are those Hindus who are converting enmass to Christianity ???

Are they not Hindus ??

But wait a minute you dont consider the lower cast hindus as Hindus so yes technicaly you are right hindus dont convert.

Now go and tell that to the Government of China, and do it on this forum please ;)

ha ha ha ha so at last China also has been brought into this thead.

Hmmm BTW isnt China communist rather than a secular country.

Democracy cannot ascertain the truth. If that were the case, universities would do their research based on global polls.
Religion is not a science. It's a belief.

People will only believe in the best.

It has implications beyond childish statements like "Candy" and "Tantrum", but lets forget it, since clearly you are not one to reason in matters of faith.

Why should we negotiate with terrorists? Suppressors of freedom and democracy? What reason do you have for me to give up my freewill to call Santa Claus a God?

On religious affairs? I don't see them being petty like some people on this thread have been, demanding bans on what a person can and cannot believe in!

Why would a Muslim care about an Islamic stigma while leaving Islam? Why would anyone care about religious preachers?

That's the reality in the Islamic world and Islamic society in secular countries.

Preachers (i.e. the guy who gives religious instruction in the mosque) is the most influential guy isn't he? Doesn't the faith revolve around the Mosque?

Most muslims that forego Islam have been the ones who go towards atheism. And you know atheists are religious nutjobs of their own kinds as well.

Oh please. Atheists have rejected their faith out of pure reasoning and common sense.
Religious nutjobs simply believe their faith because "GOd told them to".

I can live with a Muslim being converted out of Islam. But YOU want a state imposed ban!

Yes I do, because Political Islam is a dangerous ideology.

Back
Top Bottom