What's new

Bajrang Dal terrorists attack Churches

The point is that people who do convert to Hinduism do so by approaching hindus, and not the other way around(except as I said, a few minority and recently created sects).

There are no Shaivite and Vaishnavite organizations ( the two biggest denominations of hinduism) which go around asking people to convert to Hinduism.

On the other hand, one of the main functions of the Church is to bring other people to the faith and show them the "Light of Jesus", so to speak.

:) again this is the point of upper cast and lower cast.

The main upper cast hindus do not bring people from other faiths into its folds.

Anwyay thats their problem.

AS far as Christians converting people from other faiths into its folds well nothing wrong with that if they are not frocing others to do.

I even always argue with my people that why to object to others if they preach their faith as we also do the same preaching.

Its the choice of the individual to accept it or not.
in case of India.
You see you always avoide the root cause of mass conversions.
Why people in such a big numbers convert to other faiths, you need to address the root cause and root cause to many ills in India is the Cast system.
For heaven sake accept this reality without any excuse only then one can help in redressing it.

Oh dear is that so? Then why the strict rules against conversion?
No one has one set of rules.

In a secular society every Muslim can interpret the Quran in it's own way. And the Quran says "There is no compulsion in religion".

You are not special Asim.
Every religious person on the planet thinks his religion is the best, and what's more, he can list a hundred reasons for it.
Well obviously. Otherwise it wouldn't be that persons' religion.

Its needs editing, and urgently. Or in the least, reinterpretation.
Sure let's go tell God you got it wrong. Or wait you're saying WE should edit it? What's the point of being religious if WE are going to make religion?

Only stupid people right their own books and call it a religion of God. Islam is not stupid.

The Quran is the word of God and its unedited. Can any other religion get its own unedited book? Hence we rock!

That's called foolse paradise.... :).. The real problem that you have is why so supressed these Hindus are not getting converted to other religion most favourably Islam... Now think about this why do they still live as Hindu..if they have better options available.. Why not so called Dalit or Lower cast is not converting to Islam.. Why???
They are converting... Which world are you in? Everyone's converting to Islam :).

It's the latest fad, and India's no exception.

Whatever the case more Hindus leave the folds of Hinduism than the ones joining it.

No one has one set of rules.

In a secular society every Muslim can interpret the Quran in it's own way. And the Quran says "There is no compulsion in religion".

There is considerable difficulty in ascertaining the number of Muslims and as a result most measurements are inflated. The issue of apostasy in Islam is a major factor in this discrepancy. Countries such as Pakistan, The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Islamic Republic of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Algeria and Egypt disallow legal recognition of non-Islamic religions, Islamic apostates and or impose the death penalty as a punishment for apostasy.

Claims to be the fastest growing religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I said this, and I quote, "According to Veer Savarkar, all Indians are by default Hindu".

Do you know the history of the word Hindu? It was applied to all the inhabitants of India, whatever their religion may be. Only later it came to be identified with a specific set of beliefs, i.e. the Vedic religion followed by the majority of Indians.

There is no specific definition for the beliefs of a Hindu, and that's exactly the way it ought to be.

Actually there was no India until 1947. But maybe you mean everyone that's Desi.

You can keep saying we're all Hindus and that's fine, but no one cares about your twisted definition. Good for you. So it shouldn't really matter if Hindus convert to Christianity or Islam, right? You can chalk them off as yet another Hindu sect that likes to call themselves non-Hindus.

Hey hey Flint, can non-Hindus be also a Hindu sect? :D. Whatever you want to call us is fine by me. Just don't start killing me over it.

"To you your religion and to me mine"
-- The Holy Quran

There is considerable difficulty in ascertaining the number of Muslims and as a result most measurements are inflated. The issue of apostasy in Islam is a major factor in this discrepancy. Countries such as Pakistan, The Islamic Republic of Afghanistan, Islamic Republic of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Algeria and Egypt disallow legal recognition of non-Islamic religions, Islamic apostates and or impose the death penalty as a punishment for apostasy.

Yeah but then that's PAKISTAN's fault for not being secular enough... not Islam's.

They are converting... Which world are you in? Everyone's converting to Islam :).

It's the latest fad, and India's no exception.

Whatever the case more Hindus leave the folds of Hinduism than the ones joining it.

Erm....that's actually wrong. The largest number of converts are going to Buddhism, not Islam.

The huge growth in Muslim population is because of higher birth rate rather than more conversions.

Foreign Policy: The List: The World’s Fastest-Growing Religions

Yeah.. right.. thats y we don't believe in coverting to hindu...

faith kills more people than race.. as we can see all over the world...

There wasn't any difference in World War II. And there's no difference here either.

BS total trash and lies from your side there is no death penality in ISLAM for converting to other religions.

Come up with one verse from Quran which calls for death penality for those who convert to other religions.

Hindus always come up with pack of lies about Islam when failed to defend their plauged cast system.

Yeah but then that's PAKISTAN's fault for not being secular enough... not Islam's.

Erm....that's rather convenient isn't it? Whatever problems are there in Islam cannot be the fault of the religion.

The fact is that conversion from Islam is Illegal and highly punishable in most Islamic countries, and the reasons behind it are religions.

Actually there was no India until 1947. But maybe you mean everyone that's Desi.

You can keep saying we're all Hindus and that's fine, but no one cares about your twisted definition. Good for you. So it shouldn't really matter if Hindus convert to Christianity or Islam, right? You can chalk them off as yet another Hindu sect that likes to call themselves non-Hindus.

It won't matter. Believe in Allah or Jesus, but identify yourself as Hindu.

It doesn't change your beliefs, but only your allegiances.

Hey hey Flint, can non-Hindus be also a Hindu sect? :D. Whatever you want to call us is fine by me. Just don't start killing me over it.

Why not? And please stop making irresponsible statements. I am an educated person and I don't kill people over their religious beliefs.

"To you your religion and to me mine"
-- The Holy Quran

I wish that statement were a reality rather than just a platitude.

Erm....that's actually wrong. The largest number of converts are going to Buddhism, not Islam.

The huge growth in Muslim population is because of higher birth rate rather than more conversions.

Foreign Policy: The List: The World’s Fastest-Growing Religions

Maybe, but the growth belongs to Islam. And since there are no official numbers on the conversions we'll have to just go with what we normally get to see around the world.

Which religion has the highest number of converts? - Yahoo! Answers

Back
Top Bottom