What's new

BAF hopes to achieve Air Superiority with new fighter jets from China

F7 is famous for dog fight! Right? And they said they have advanced Jammer which will cancel bvr advantage of opponent aircrafts!! I want to learn more about it from Pdf think tanks and professionals!

AFAIK there are no jammers that are capable of jamming incoming radar signals long range. Specially in BVR combats that involves ranges above 40km.

New Age is no expert of fighter planes. So are we in this forum. However, wiki is not bashing the BGI. Rather it says it is the best of all the F-7 variant:

7BGI: The Most Upgraded version of chengdu F-7 for Bangladesh Air Force, 3.5 generation & Beyond-visual-range missile, PGM capable. F-7BGI is the best & most capable F-7 ever produced.

Wiki says it is BVR capable, but New Age does not say so. It says of a jamming system of enemy BVR radars. As far as I know, BGI is BVR capable with 40 to 50 km range. Some people say, this range is most suitable for an attack. BGI speed is 2.0 mach and its climbing rate is 195m/sec. BGI has seven hard points instead of regular five hard points in all other variants.

I trust the common sense and ability of our airforce officers. They certainly did not get swayed by the Jamaati members in the PDF who wanted BAF to buy F-17 at any cost whose speed is only 1.6 mach. Jamaatis here regularly bash BGI only because the BAF has the audacity not to buy JF-17 a lower class plane than BGI. BGI (F-7) is a proven platform, but Thunder is not.

air superiority on???? lol.....

@ acetophenol: depending upon aggressor strength they can hold their air... jammers in F-7 is not sophisticated or modern..... gaining air superiority is not possible....

on who they will achieve air superiority India or Burma?

Depends on who the aggressor is and if against burma,air superiority can be achieved

Days.. I'll go for hours, if proper combat happened.

Depends on who the rival is

New Age is no expert of fighter planes. So are we in this forum. However, wiki is not bashing the BGI. Rather it says it is the best of all the F-7 variant:

7BGI: The Most Upgraded version of chengdu F-7 for Bangladesh Air Force, 3.5 generation & Beyond-visual-range missile, PGM capable. F-7BGI is the best & most capable F-7 ever produced.

Wiki says it is BVR capable, but New Age does not say so. It says of a jamming system of enemy BVR radars. As far as I know, BGI is BVR capable with 40 to 50 km range. Some people say, this range is most suitable for an attack. BGI speed is 2.0 mach and its climbing rate is 195m/sec. BGI has seven hard points instead of regular five hard points in all other variants.

I trust the common sense and ability of our airforce officers. They certainly did not get swayed by the Jamaati members in the PDF who wanted BAF to buy F-17 at any cost whose speed is only 1.6 mach. Jamaatis here regularly bash BGI only because the BAF has the audacity not to buy JF-17 a lower class plane than BGI. BGI (F-7) is a proven platform, but Thunder is not.

Haha.....the pakistani's must be coming back to you very hard for JF-17 trashing. Anyways even Indian Mig-21 Bison's were praised very much for their Jammers which were i believe of Israeli origins. Don't know about Chinese capabilities in this field which will most certainly be naive as compared to Israel which is a master in EW, but this decision is not really a long sighted one. These planes are interceptors and the only enemy of BD with which it could engage in any future fight is Myanmar. And Myanmar's Airforce mainstay is Mig-29 with R-73 and R-77 which is more than sufficient to score against F-7 even with jammers upto 40-50 Km. Better would have been if they had invested in some future project to gain some advantage against myanmar airforce.

what you are trying to say? JF-17 is new jet with better options than so called F-7 BGI... why BD people are so much delusional..... my god you are downgrading every other just like that.... are you on drugs or what... India and pakistan fought 4 wars and you got nothing except 71....they are choosing best platforms available to them.... F-7BGI is nothing but junk with new colors...... PAF is professional force do you think,they are stupid to induct a fighter which is not capable than 3.5 gen F-7 jet?.... get a life bud... BAF is just a kid.....

In the event of a war. Bangladesh Air Force with the MiG 29s,MiG 21(F7s) can hold back an aggressor atleast for a few days,which is denial of its own airspace to aggressor which directly translates into air superiority.

Mig 29 is air superiorty. But not mig 21. As for jammers, from what distance can it block a BVR capability of a enemy?
Moreover, it cannot block fighters with AESA radars..

what you are trying to say? JF-17 is new jet with better options than so called F-7 BGI... why BD people are so much delusional..... my god you are downgrading every other just like that.... are you on drugs or what... India and pakistan fought 4 wars and you got nothing except 71....they are choosing best platforms available to them.... F-7BGI is nothing but junk with new colors...... PAF is professional force do you think,they are stupid to induct a fighter which is not capable than 3.5 gen F-7 jet?.... get a life bud... BAF is just a kid.....

you are crazy you are in drugs you know nothing .F7BGI is compare to rafale and EU fighter .:angry::taz:

AFAIK there are no jammers that are capable of jamming incoming radar signals long range. Specially in BVR combats that involves ranges above 40km.

SU 30 MKI have a BVR range of 200 km. its no use to have F 7.. BD could have concentrated on atleast JF 17 or yak 130.

Mig 29 is air superiorty. But not mig 21. As for jammers, from what distance can it block a BVR capability of a enemy?
Moreover, it cannot block fighters with AESA radars..

we have good news we will use F7PG its best fighter on earth and we have some 150 :victory:

How so bhai can u compare with rafale and EFT? when they are not even BVR capable.

just wait its new tech their jammers can block your MKI on runways even :P you know nothing :whistle: one of this day we will send back all 180 F-7 to china for MLU and got back AS F-7BGI standers then you will cry on your MMRCA :lol: at that day not F-16 but F-7BGI will be our front line fighter . if bangladesh can claim air superiority with 26 F-7BG- MG then why cant we with some 150 in service same aircrafts??????. leave aside of others like f-16s mirages jf-17s :lol:

just wait its new tech their jammers can block your MKI on runways even . you know nothing :whistle: one of this day we will send back all 180 F-7 to china for MLU and got back AS F-7BGI standers then you will cry on your MMRCA :lol: at that day not F-16 but F-7BGI will be our front line fighter . if bangladesh can claim air superiority with 26 F-7BG- MG then why cant we with some 150 in service same aircrafts??????. leave aside of others like f-16s mirages jf-17s :lol:

Now i understand ur post Imran Bhai :D :)
Yup u r right !! We must cancel our tender and order some F 7 BGI with blockable jammers :D We will even down F 22 with that air superiorty fighter :) He he :D

Back
Top Bottom