What's new

Bad rip-offs of well-known brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Repost. >>

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

No, it takes more brain to originally develope. To copy something that has already been done isn't "genius" by any standard.

Copying is faster, Cheaper and sells it's not genius however it works.

chinese are genius IMHO, it takes more of a brain to copy like im very impressed with iphones and macbook, very impressive

I think you have been drinking too much StarFucks...

photo.jpg

See I told you it wasn't safe...

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Repost. >>

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Copying is faster, Cheaper and sells it's not genius however it works.

It is also lesser in quality, because in order to make the product cheaper you don't have to invest as much capital and resources into making the product as professional companies do. Don't forget about that part...

The problem is many of these counterfeit goods create a major black market, these goods are also unregulated and are often unsafe for people as they may contain harmful chemicals i.e led paint. There is no regulatory agency monitoring these things or testing them before they reach the market. It is also a blatant disrespect of Intellectual Property rights. Some of these things as cables and laptops have been known to overheat and explode. Most of this stuff is unsafe for consumers, your trading off quality and safety for dirt cheap prices.

Why can't you comprehend that? Or can you?

I comprehend them and also those who buy them :) Common man care less about patent/intellectual property rights. My only concern is safety but there are very few cases of major accidents. Peoples care less about safety things in India/Pakistan no matter if they ride on roofs/doors of buses/trains or do kite flying on roofs where naked cables of electricity are hanging on walls. The original iPod and iPhone are also manufactured in Shenzen.

Leaving aside the moral angle, it takes a lot of intelligence and skill to reverse engineer high tech products. Of course, primary development is the apex, but the only people who deride reverse engineering as simply 'copying' are the ones who can't even do it themselves.

Am sorry, I just don't see any reverse engineering skills in changing Star bucks to star fcks. This thread is hardly about that, unless you consider a squirrel looking crocodile as skillful reverse engineering :rolleyes:

pic21.jpg

Reverse engineering is one thing, copying brand name is another.

Leaving aside the moral angle, it takes a lot of intelligence and skill to reverse engineer high tech products. Of course, primary development is the apex, but the only people who deride reverse engineering as simply 'copying' are the ones who can't even do it themselves.

They are not exactly "reverse engineering" here, don't mistake counterfeiting with "reverse engineering". The phony IPhone's they make resemble the shape of the IPhone but the OS and software running them is so cheap and poorly done. There is nothing highly intelligent and skillful about that, considering the huge black market has vast resources to pull off these knock offs.

Reverse engineering is one thing, copying brand name is another.

My comment was specifically about reverse engineering, not hijacking brand names onto completely different products. Grantd the thread is about name hijacking, but the discussion was veering into reverse engineering (a different topic altogether).

They are not exactly "reverse engineering" here, don't mistake counterfeiting with "reverse engineering". The phony IPhone's they make resemble the shape of the IPhone but the OS and software running them is so cheap and poorly done. There is nothing highly intelligent and skillful about that, considering the huge black market has vast resources to pull off these knock offs.

There will be a whole spectrum of products: from the simply name hijacking to the almost indistinguishable copy. The level of skill needed is commensurate with the complexity of the original product and the degree of conformance of the copy with the original. Opening a store called "Star F*cks" takes no skill, while making a fully indigenous copy of a jet engine or missile takes an extraordinary amount of skill.

See Developereo you're talking about jet engines and missile just like you did in the past in another thread about saying how difficult it is to RE military hardware. Okay we're not talking about that level of sophisticated that is given Government backing and top scientist and engineers working on that.

Wrong thread and subject okay?

Do as much Reverse Engineer as possible? Nobody stops them any ways but why f,ck around with the names of Established brands.. Such tempering sounds such a big lame StarFuck!

photo.jpg

Look at what it says below the StarFucks logo, does that say "**** Queen"? I zoomed in on it and that's what it seems to say. Wow the photo get's even more interesting.

Fake apple store in China after they got busted:lol:

6103932539_72c42784ea_o.jpg

6103931335_8c5bc4a684_o.jpg

They just took the leaf out.

---------- Post added at 12:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:30 PM ----------

1851551186.jpg

Lambo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom