What's new

Babrra Massacre

Why do we study history? To change what has already happened?

we study it for the fun of it.
now i asked you a question and im guna ask few more as well.
what should pakistan do at this time?
what should pakistan do with balochistan?
what should pakistan do in frontier?
who is to blame for what happened? and how can they be brought to justice?

plz give short answers few sentences long for each question.

08Khan-Abdul-Qayyum-Khan-1.jpg

abdulqayyunkhan.jpg

Pictures of khan Abdul qayyum khan aka double barrel khan who was responsible for babrra massacre

But why did Jinnah dismissed the
legitimate government of Dr Khan Sahib in
1948???

14 of August 1948 was celebrated in NWFP with drums and flags by muslim league sponsored crowds. Just 2 days before 14th ,a painful event on 12 August occurred. Jinnah Sahib dismissed the legitimate government of Dr Khan Sahib in 1948. A government of Muslim league leader , kashmiri born, Sardar Abdul Qayyum Khan was installed in NWFP now Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. .Abdul Qayyum not only dismissed the majority government but arrested Khudai Khidmatgaar leader Bacha Khan who was a social reformer and preacher of non violence, ,a symbol of peace and devoted fully to the service of humanity. Jinnah Sahib was the first head of Government of Pakistan who dismissed the first elected government of a province.On his foot steps many subsequent democratic governments were dismissed by governor generals and then by militaor dictators. He started a trend .

In July 1948 the provincial governor of NWFP promulgated an ordinance which authorized the government of detaining any one indefinitely and confiscating their properties without disclosing any reason to the detainee. The worse thing was that these detainees were even not allowed to challenge their arrests in the courts. The shameful part of this ordinance was that the governor was feeling so guilty of this act that he stated clearly that he is promulgating this ordinance on the special orders of Governor General Qaud-e-Azam MAHMAD ALI Jannah. Hundreds of nationalists were arrested, tortured and their properties were confiscated under this ordinance.Therefore against this and to protest against the arrests of Bacha Khan, Dr Khan Saib, Qazi Attah-ullah, Arbab Abdul Ghafoor Khan and other notables, it was decided that the Khudai Khidmatgars would in a peaceful procession march from Charsadda to Babra on12th august 1948. The march was announced ahead of time in the major newspapers, all participants were told to congregate at Charsadda empty handed and to peacefully march to the Babra grounds. There seemed to be no objection from the government. It was decided that not even a stick would be allowed in the procession. As soon as crowd of many thousands of peaceful and well disciplined Khudai Khidmatgaars ,young,old and middle aged reached the Babra grounds ,the ruthless muslim league leader Sardar Abdul Qayyum Khan arrived with armed police, militia and the red shirts were surrounded by armed vehicles and tanks. They kept marching so Indiscriminate fire was opened on the peaceful protesters. Women of the village seeing their men razed to the ground put Qurans on their heads and rushed into the foray screaming for the firing to stop, but their pleas fell on deaf ears and were as mercilessly shot and killed. Unarmed women and men were killed regardless of their age or sex.

After 45 minutes when the shooting stopped and the smoke cleared there were by one estimate, about five to six hundred dead and a 1000 to 1200 injured. Some eyewitness put the death toll at 1300. Of the two hundred and fifty bodies that were thrown into the river, No mercy was shown to the injured either and many drowned, many were never recovered. The real number of dead may never be known for what followed was even more inhumane, and many chose not to disclose who in their families had perished.
..History would later remember Abdul Qayyum Khan by name of "Double Barrel Khan" for his unmatched cruelty.

In September 1948, then Chief Minister , Abdul Qayyum Khan gave a statement in the provincial assembly, "I had imposed section 144 at Babra. When the people did not disperse, then firing was opened on them. They were lucky that the police had finished ammunition; otherwise not a single soul would have been left alive". Khan Qayyum said hinting at the four members of the opposition in the provincial assembly. He said; "If they were killed, the government would not care about them.

Badshah Khan, Budget session of Assembly on March 20, 1954 said on the issue,

"Six years ago, I announced on the floor of this House that Pakistan is our country and its solidarity and protection is our duty and that any program that will be submitted by any party for its progress and its reconstruction shall have my fullest cooperation. I repeat those words of mine even today. But still there are some persons who suspect my loyalty. I therefore think that it would be advisable to set up a tribunal to inquire not only into the question of loyalty or treason but also into the general massacre, arson and loot and the dishonoring of women and children and old men at Charsadda and the oppressive treatment meted out to us in jail."

Suharawardy, President of the Awami League, told a large gathering in Dacca on July 1950 that ‘the barbarous massacre of the Red Shirts committed at Charsadda in 1948 surpassed the massacre committed by the British in Jallianwala Bagh in 1919.

RefrencesFrom "Prisms and Prisons: Religion, Abdul Ghaffar Khan, and the Khudai Khidmatgars" by Damon Lynch..The Pathan Unarmed: Opposition and Memory in the Khudai Khidmatgar Movement
by Mukulika Banerjee .......... Political Conspiracies in Pakistan byJamna Das Akhtar.............The "Khudai Khidmatgar" (Servants of God) by abdul karim khan.......Khudai Khidmatgar by Frederic P. Miller, Agnes F. Vandome, John McBrewster

@Sher Malang , @KRAIT, @Gigawatt, @nick_indian, @Pakhtoon, @Arooj Khan, @chauvunist @Armstrong, @Afghanihehe, @Secur, @mafiya, @somebozo, @Safriz, @haviZsultan, @pakdefender, @Abu Zolfiqar, @Luftwaffe, @Spring Onion @DESERT FIGHTER, @Skywalker @Last Hope. @F.O.X @qamar1990

funny you are trying to get Indian support here :P

anyway on the topic:

Khan Abdul Qayum Khan was a very honest BUT strict ruler.

Khan Abdul Qayum Khan was a staunch admirer of Bacha Khan. So staunch that he had even wrote a book about Bacha Khan.

Why he started doubting Bacha Khan ? this the main question you should ask. any country will took to task those who commit treason.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why Did India invaded the Independent Hyderabad in 1948 and dismissed their legitimate government?

To make it as the part of India and stop Pakistani supported regime from massacre of Hindus.

There seemed to be no objection from the government. It was decided that not even a stick would be allowed in the procession. As soon as crowd of many thousands of peaceful and well disciplined Khudai Khidmatgaars ,young,old and middle aged reached the Babra grounds ,the ruthless muslim league leader Sardar Abdul Qayyum Khan arrived with armed police, militia and the red shirts were surrounded by armed vehicles and tanks. They kept marching so Indiscriminate fire was opened on the peaceful protesters

So they kept marching. A Bayl Mjhay maar? Than you blame the Bayl why did he hit us? It was fault of Traitor who was leading the march who let the march forward and led people to their deaths. If they were surrounded then why didn't they just remained there and protested? What was the point of moving forward?

When you cross your limits there's going to be a reaction

To make it as the part of India and stop Pakistani supported regime from massacre of Hindus.

So crushing Telangana Rebellion become massacre of hindus. My dear baniya,,, that's why you people got the title of Baniya, the one who twist facts

Yes, I have read of some other similar incidents in Pakistan at that time as well.

The initial days after partition were full of realpolitik and quite contrary to the cultivated image of Mr. Jinnah.

So crushing Telangana Rebellion become massacre of hindus. My dear baniya,,, that's why you people got the title of Baniya, the one who twist facts

what the hell has operation polo got to do with Telangana statehood movement

nah baniya is a trade related term. trader family.

Pot calling kettle black. :omghaha: I don't care what supporter bloody Rezakars thinks about us.

Why did Pakistan invaded Kalat and why did Baloch revolted. Prince Karim was made to surrender using "Quran ka waasta".

Pakistan was created on two nation theory and Hindu hatred but still couldn't stop the extreme greed for Hindu majority Junagarh and Hyderabad. :cheesy:

While NWFP ended up as part of Pakistan using hook and crooks. Muslims League persuaded British not to allow elected NWFP assembly to decide the fate of NWFP unlike Sindh, Punjab and Bengal Assembly.

By the way, I am from Hyderabad. ;)

elected assembly? by whom? more Hindu congressies who have nothing to do with Pakistan by the way.

and NO there was no hook or crook.

the pro India hook and crook were kicked out

nah baniya is a trade related term. trader family.

elected assembly? by whom? more Hindu congressies who have nothing to do with Pakistan by the way.

and NO there was no hook or crook.

the pro India hook and crook were kicked out

Sindh assembly decided the fate of Sindh, same happened with Punjab Assembly and Bengal Assemby. There was no referendum in Sindh, Bengal or Punjab. Then why was only NWFP assemby not allowed to decide the fate of the province(because Muslim League lost in NWFP), why was a referendum only in NWFP. :cheesy: Majority Pashtuns boycotted the referendum they never wanted to join Pakistan. Peshawar's main airport is still named on Bacha Khan.

1. The Peshawar main airport was just renamed by the shameless ugly nosed Asfandyar just recently. it was NOT at all named after the traitor earlier.

2. Oh what a stupidity If Pukhtuns never wanted to join Pakistan and if majority never wanted then why they dint join India or for that matter afghanistanis?

sorry we aint going to fulfill your *********.

3. the referendum was to test indo-bacha ********* .

That's your own definition, not the reality. People of Muslim majority NWFP voted for Bacha Khan in 1946 while Muslim League faced humiliating defeat.

Even the government of Ayub Khohro was dismissed in Sindh in the same way because he refused to handover Karachi for federal capital, you must be knowing who owns Karachi now. What do you think about Ayub Khohro?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom