atatwolf

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
Turkey
Azerbaijan is able to take all steps to liberate its lands – PA president
Tue 28 January 2014 11:37 GMT | 16:37 Local Time
125566.jpg

News.Az reprints from Gun.Az an interview with Novruz Mammadov, deputy head of the Presidential Administration, head of the foreign relations department.

In recent days, especially during the days of the Davos Forum, tension and bloody fights are unfolding at the Armenian-Azerbaijani front. The ceasefire is broken and death takes place almost every day. How do you think, what does it indicate? At the same time, if the ceasefire gets violated continuously, to what direction can the processes move?

Recently, I gave a little sign in this regard. At the end of the last year, during the meeting of the Azerbaijani and Armenian presidents in Vienna, if you noticed, the Armenian seemed to be very constructive and goodwill. Then I told the press that the two presidents had not been meeting for over two years and the negotiations had almost stopped. And what opinion could this form in the international community?

It could form an opinion that the Armenian side does not take a constructive stance in the talks and does not make steps for fair settlement of the conflict. And the Armenian side saw, knew and understood it. Therefore, such a meeting took place after a long time, during which the Armenian side was clearly trying to look goodwill. But if you look at the history of the negotiation process over the settlement of the Armenian-Azerbaijani Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, you can see that the Armenian side makes such steps very often and after a white it makes another step.

First, why does it make these steps? The Armenia side, always after a certain period, tries to look goodwill in the negotiation process in the world community. That is, it tries to ensure the international community.

And the community thinks that here it is, the Armenian side is goodwill, because it went to negotiations, met and so on.

And after that Armenia needs an excuse to prevent the flow of the negotiation process towards settlement of the conflict.

This, in reality, is their fault and disaster.

The Armenian leadership should clearly realize this. If it fails to do so, it means it fails to fulfil its mission. Everybody knows what situation this type of position which has been lasting for over 20 years brought Armenia to.

From now on, the sooner the conflict gets resolved, the better condition it will create for Armenia to join the processes going on in the world.

Otherwise, whatever step it takes, Armenia will always remain isolated. As I noted, their biggest mistake is that they don’t want to take a constructive step while realizing it. Thus they make provocative steps to protract the conflict again and show the world that you see, we are going to negotiations but the Azerbaijani side does not want it, does not take a fair stance on the conflict resolution and so on.

It means that they thus kind of want to impose a responsibility onto Azerbaijan…

Exactly! They want to cast a responsibility on Azerbaijan to show that the Azerbaijani side as though makes unconstructive steps in the conflict resolution. But the world community should know that Azerbaijan is ready to do everything possible to solve the conflict fairly, within international law and is sincere in its activity and intention. There is no problem on our part.

Simply, both the international community and interested parties should see this point and put pressure on Armenia. To this end, the co-chair countries of the OSCE Minks Group should hold serious talks with the Armenian side. In this regard, Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev, at the meeting with the French foreign minister during the Davos Forum, held an exchange of views and once again conveyed the certain stance of Azerbaijan to France, to its foreign minister.

Finally, my position is that the Armenian side has again resorted to its lovely method, which it has been using up to now. That is, a couple of days before the negotiations, they try to do provocative acts and violate the ceasefire. And this, as I already said, is a technique used many times by them.

How do you think, can the second Karabakh war begin in coming days?

Theoretically, everything can happen, because Azerbaijan promised to spare no effort to reach the settlement of the conflict within international framework. But it does not mean that Azerbaijan will agree with permanent occupation of its lands under such provocative steps. It will never happen.

Therefore, theoretically, Azerbaijan is able to take all steps and has all the right to liberate its lands. That is, the military option is theoretically available.

Armenia is in a falling down trend. Their population is rapidly getting older and their economy is collapsing while Azerbaijan has one the best growth rates in the world. Armenians are getting worried since they know these facts very well and they know that arm purchases of Azerbaijan such as S-300, BMP-3, Mig-29 and T-90 from Russia and her economical ties with Russia would cause Russian to care less and less for Armenia in the future. Anyway, I think we can defeat them easily in the next 5-10 years, but we need more arm purchases as well. BTW, I believe that Armenians have not the ability to peacefully negotiate and get out from our land. Whether we want it or not, we will finally need to kick them out by military means.

Armenia is in a falling down trend. Their population is rapidly getting older and their economy is collapsing while Azerbaijan has one the best growth rates in the world. Armenians are getting worried since they know these facts very well and they know that arm purchases of Azerbaijan such as S-300, BMP-3, Mig-29 and T-90 from Russia and her economical ties with Russia would cause Russian to care less and less for Armenia in the future. Anyway, I think we can defeat them easily in the next 5-10 years, but we need more arm purchases as well. BTW, I believe that Armenians have not the ability to peacefully negotiate and get out from our land. Whether we want it or not, we will finally need to kick them out by military means.
Actually Armenia still hasn't given up claims on territory in Turkey and Azerbaijan. It is their official state position. I talked to Armenian last year and he wanted both territory from Turkey and Azerbaijan. It is kind of sad they are still stuck with time and promises French and Russians gave to Armenia for murdering Turks.

I think war won't be needed. Or at least all out war. More than 40% of Armenians want to leave their country to another country with better economy! they are already 4 million. Most can't afford children as my Armenian "friend" told me. Economically it is not going to get better either. They are second worst economy in the world.

But starting a war now is not best time. Azerbaijan is in their economic rise. It can disrupt their rise. After economy has matured and your ranks are strong you might need to do a quick strike to finish this. It won't be illegal war since Armenia is illegally occupying Azerbaijan. Timing is important.

Actually Armenia still hasn't given up claims on territory in Turkey and Azerbaijan. It is their official state position. I talked to Armenian last year and he wanted both territory from Turkey and Azerbaijan. It is kind of sad they are still stuck with time and promises French and Russians gave to Armenia for murdering Turks.

I think war won't be needed. Or at least all out war. More than 40% of Armenians want to leave their country to another country with better economy! they are already 4 million. Most can't afford children as my Armenian "friend" told me. Economically it is not going to get better either. They are second worst economy in the world.

But starting a war now is not best time. Azerbaijan is in their economic rise. It can disrupt their rise. After economy has matured and your ranks are strong you might need to do a quick strike to finish this. It won't be illegal war since Armenia is illegally occupying Azerbaijan. Timing is important.

I agree that the timing is very important, we need to be more patient and buy more arms in the meanwhile, and try to change Russians policy in the meanwhile, although I think France would not change her policy towards us easily. We need to seek more international support and help, as well. Anyway, we are on rapid rise, and they are on rapid fall, so a war in future would be easier for us than a war in the current situation. ;)

Back
Top Bottom