What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Might aswell just buy some PARS 4x4 instead of upping weapons of an archaic vehicle ..

FNSS_and-Turkish_Undersecretariat_for_Defense_Industries_sign_contract_for_Anti_Tank_Vehicle_Project_640_001_zps9ub6apg4.jpg

Head of Defence Industry already reported they developed an APC with different configurations ( Command, Recon, Anti-Tank and etc.). An upgraded BRDM-2 is not bad at all, specially when you look at Aselsan BRDM-KZ (Kazakhstan) , its definitely better than PARS, Anyway, lets wait for ADEX 2016, should be a good show.

TZV7wDJ.jpg

Head of Defence Industry already reported they developed an APC with different configurations ( Command, Recon, Anti-Tank and etc.). An upgraded BRDM-2 is not bad at all, specially when you look at Aselsan BRDM-KZ (Kazakhstan) , its definitely better than PARS, Anyway, lets wait for ADEX 2016, should be a good show.

View attachment 322898

Kazakhistan may use ARLAN for Recon as well..
Arlan_4x4_reconnaissance_armoured_patrol_vehicle_KADEX_2016_Astana_Kazakhstan_001.jpg

Also in which respects BRDM-KZ better than PARS?Armor,Electronics,Optics etc...?

Wiki says BRDM-2 is 7 tonnes, I don't know the weight of the Pars 4*4, but it should be something like 7 tonnes as well, if not more. At this point i cant say which one has less armor

edit : If Pars is at same league with Fennek, it is something like 9-10 tonnes

our BRDM-KZ has one battlefield radar provided by Turkey's Aselsan along with a Aselsan SARP weapon platform with 12.7mm MG. The windows to are bullet proof I believe as well. Maybe this is the reason why we are in talks with Turkey for ToT on BMC Vuran.

our BRDM-KZ has one battlefield radar provided by Turkey's Aselsan along with a Aselsan SARP weapon platform with 12.7mm MG. The windows to are bullet proof I believe as well. Maybe this is the reason why we are in talks with Turkey for ToT on BMC Vuran.

Source?

couple years ago, not sure if something came out of it, Azerbaijan tends to keep contracts secret.
I hope you guys acquire. Now are you guys expanding defence cooperation with Turkey, such as Getting ToT on armored vehicles?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom