What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Special Forces

vZGXrNG.jpg

What does Azerbaijan use for Anti-tank guided missiles and RPGs?

Internal Troops - Kornet
Border Guards - Ukrainian SKIF and Spike missiles by the Coast Guard
Army - Soviet ATGMs, Spike LR and ER (the known ones), the Spikes were used during 4 day war in Armenia and allowed Azerbaijan to take out enemy tanks behind cover due to top attack.
Air Force - some Mi-17 of Border Guards and Air Force use LAHAT missile (not really ATGM but works against lighter targets) Mi-24Gs use SKIF anti tank and Mi-35M use Ataka-V missiles

Azerbaijan produces its own RPG-7s

Border Guards + Coast Guard, Coast Guard uses its single Eurocopter which was transferred from Baku Police as Naval Aviation, Coast Guard also uses Mi-17s with LAHAT missiles, but only Eurocopter is able to land on brand new coast guard OPVs

Azerbaijan to demonstrate new Ildirim Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle at ADEX 2016
RyjF1NbfpBc-696x391.jpg

Azerbaijan will showcase the new Ildirim Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle at the Azerbaijan International Defence Industry Exhibition ADEX 2016.

The new Ildirim (English: Lightning) is a mine-resistant light armored vehicle. The Ildirim based on the Caprivi Mk3 armoured personnel carrier designed by Mobile Land Systems (Pty) Ltd.

According to the manufacturer armored offers protection STANAG 4569 3B, which is equivalent to undermining the 8 kg of explosives under the vehicle, and STANAG 4569 4A, the corresponding erosion of 16 kg of explosives under the wheel.

Azerbaijan International Defence Exhibition is a 4 day event being held from 27th September to the30th September 2016 at the Baku Expo Center in Baku.

NXs2EmYWH7w-696x392.jpg

Azerbaijan to demonstrate new Ildirim Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle at ADEX 2016
RyjF1NbfpBc-696x391.jpg

Azerbaijan will showcase the new Ildirim Mine Resistant Ambush Protected vehicle at the Azerbaijan International Defence Industry Exhibition ADEX 2016.

The new Ildirim (English: Lightning) is a mine-resistant light armored vehicle. The Ildirim based on the Caprivi Mk3 armoured personnel carrier designed by Mobile Land Systems (Pty) Ltd.

According to the manufacturer armored offers protection STANAG 4569 3B, which is equivalent to undermining the 8 kg of explosives under the vehicle, and STANAG 4569 4A, the corresponding erosion of 16 kg of explosives under the wheel.

Azerbaijan International Defence Exhibition is a 4 day event being held from 27th September to the30th September 2016 at the Baku Expo Center in Baku.

NXs2EmYWH7w-696x392.jpg

Guys, do you produce it in Azerbaijan ?

Why unfortunately ? And what is the name of the firm that does the production ?

because we were already producing better South African MRAPs, and I see no need in giving a 3rd MRAP from China to the military.
Ministry of Defence Industry of Azerbaijan is the "firm", oh I wait for the day of privatization

new Israeli toys @500 :enjoy:

Orbiter-1k suicide drone

W1siZiIsIjIwMTYvMDkvMjEvN3M4bXhhOWhkaF8xMS5qcGVnIl0sWyJwIiwidGh1bWIiLCIyMDQ4eDk5OTkiXV0

Orbiter-3 UAV

W1siZiIsIjIwMTYvMDkvMjEvNnh1dGlsc2dudl8wOC5qcGVnIl0sWyJwIiwidGh1bWIiLCIyMDQ4eDk5OTkiXV0

MMCAV Multi Mission Combat Armored Vehicle, seems to be recon version

W1siZiIsIjIwMTYvMDkvMjEvMzV6bWE5bTE3a18xMC5qcGVnIl0sWyJwIiwidGh1bWIiLCIyMDQ4eDk5OTkiXV0

Aerostar

W1siZiIsIjIwMTYvMDkvMjEvMTRkeGZtMnE0OV8wMy5qcGVnIl0sWyJwIiwidGh1bWIiLCIyMDQ4eDk5OTkiXV0

Nice addition to an already relativly large fleet of drones for Azerbaijan. I just hope that our drone industry matures enough so we can export them to you guys aswell. For now, you cant get anything better then Israeli drones.

Back
Top Bottom