What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Last edited:
I thought that ban was about ToT not the direct sale of the missile itself. Are you sure ?

yes direct sales also
that's why countries develop export versions with reduced range

Azerbaijan is already interested in integration of SOM on MIG-29 , and there were news of Azerbaijan deciding on Chinese missiles back in 2011

Can you tell me what's your opinion about this news with more details? There was also a similar news about negotiating with Pakistan to buy some long range missiles, but it was not clear that what range they exactly mean, and what was the type of missile? was it ballistic or cruise missile?

Azerbaijan interested in Pakistan’s long-range missiles

Azerbaijan interested in Pakistan’s long-range missiles

IMHO, the ballistic missile with 2000 km range is an overoveroverkill for azerbaijan. Cruise missiles are more than enough to level armenian defences and are more flexible in context of tactical use. I mean, you don't need 900kg warhead to blow sams, cripple infrastructure etc. if there is (and I'm doubtful) a negotiation between az and pa, it probably is about cruise missiles. Besides, there were some rumors that SOM'll be fitted to az airframes.
And also, there's the possibility of good old propaganda LOL

BUK-MB

F4C0RgU.png

QuuAAr9.png

c0wyYye.png

yVB8E2r.png

I am curious. What do people think about the following article, "Underground Intrigue: A Conjectural Assessment of Incursion Tunnels in a Future Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict"? I'd post a link, except I am too new, but the site is karabakhsecurityanalysis on wordpress.Basically, the author talks about why no one hears about secret tunneling in the ongoing stalemate, since one would expect that this sort of activity is going on. I'd appreciate hearing people's views on the matter.

I am curious. What do people think about the following article, "Underground Intrigue: A Conjectural Assessment of Incursion Tunnels in a Future Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict"? I'd post a link, except I am too new, but the site is karabakhsecurityanalysis on wordpress.Basically, the author talks about why no one hears about secret tunneling in the ongoing stalemate, since one would expect that this sort of activity is going on. I'd appreciate hearing people's views on the matter.
Welcome to the forum.
You can just copy and paste the parts of the article that you are interested to know other members opinion about it. No need to post the link, if you have not the permission to do so, yet.
Later, you can post the link, when you posts number exceeds 30 posts, I guess, and edit your previous posts ;)

Good idea:
The author of the article I referenced basically posited three hypotheses regarding incursion tunnels in Karabakh (and the reason we don't hear about them). I am curious which theory this forum's members agree with most:
  • (Hypothesis 1) Neither side is able to dig incursion tunnels for financial or technical reasons.
  • (Hypothesis 2) The opposing forces deliberately choose not to dig tunnels despite the fact that they are physically capable of doing so.
  • (Hypothesis 3) The sides have indeed built secret contingency/incursion tunnels, which will only be used if/when the conflict reverts to a hot-war.
  • (Hypothesis 4) Armenian and Azerbaijani forces actually use tunnels on a regular basis to stage commando raids, but choose not to release this information to the press.
Which

Welcome to the forum.
You can just copy and paste the parts of the article that you are interested to know other members opinion about it. No need to post the link, if you have not the permission to do so, yet.
Later, you can post the link, when you posts number exceeds 30 posts, I guess, and edit your previous posts ;)

Good idea:
The author of the article I referenced basically posited three hypotheses regarding incursion tunnels in Karabakh (and the reason we don't hear about them). I am curious which theory this forum's members agree with most:

So are you saying you are not the actual author of the article? ;-)

And are you saying that you are not here trying to promote your (or that of the "author you referenced") blog and your article? ;-)

Finally, are you seriously going to try to claim that you are somehow "objective", and are not, for example, Armenian? Because the article, despite all of its efforts, is clearly written by an Armenian sympathizer.

Good idea:
  • (Hypothesis 1) Neither side is able to dig incursion tunnels for financial or technical reasons.
  • (Hypothesis 2) The opposing forces deliberately choose not to dig tunnels despite the fact that they are physically capable of doing so.
  • (Hypothesis 3) The sides have indeed built secret contingency/incursion tunnels, which will only be used if/when the conflict reverts to a hot-war.
  • (Hypothesis 4) Armenian and Azerbaijani forces actually use tunnels on a regular basis to stage commando raids, but choose not to release this information to the press.
Which
I didn't hear tunnels before, Thé source may talk about Palestinian's tunnels.And why do they need tunnels? There's no blockage there if i am not wrong ok?

Good idea:
No, Such tunnels are easy to be built and don't even need much money either. even small fighting groups in Syrian Civil war, have built very long tunnels.
There is no need for such tunnels. Tunnels have use in civil wars and also for sending help to your forces in a blockade. In this case, there is no use for such tunnels.
Which
No, too much conspiracy theory for no reason!

I didn't hear tunnels before, Thé source may talk about Palestinian's tunnels.And why do they need tunnels? There's no blockage there if i am not wrong ok?
I agree. About tunnels, they have been used in Bosnian war, Syrian war as well. I think what author means are like incursion tunnels that North Korea built before, in which they were found by South Korea, and they were just useless and a waste of time and money.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom