What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Two more hell-bound.

@Captain_Azeri, Do you know if advanced weaponry and reinforcements are being sent to the hotspot?
My friend - I get my information from forums, YT and Twitter - like most of yall - unfortunately, I have no direct contact with the AZ military and my family fled from the AZ to the TR border region because of the Russians and Armenians during the disintegration of the Ottoman Empire. I have no 'inside' information - I'm sorry

My friend - I get my information from forums, YT and Twitter - like most of yall - unfortunately, I have no direct contact with the AZ military and my family fled from the AZ to the TR border region because of the Russians and Armenians during the disintegration of the Ottoman Empire. I have no 'inside' information - I'm sorry

No need to be sorry. I was just wondering whether you had better news sources on the current situation and the sentiment in Azerbaijan.

https://twitter.com/search?q=#azerbaijan&src=typed_query&f=live

No need to be sorry. I was just wondering whether you had better news sources on the current situation and the sentiment in Azerbaijan.

https://twitter.com/search?q=#azerbaijan&src=typed_query&f=live

When I look at my sources (twitter etc.), I don't think that heavy military is used. As long as no air force and no armored vehicles are used, there are only skirmishes at the border, supported by artillery ... Only when larger positions are attacked, the air force (not these drones, but real fighter aircraft) is used, MRLS, etc. - then we can speak of a new 'war'...

These type of strikes must be really painful for the armenians. You can expect a half a dozen casualties each time these type of targets are struck. So far at least two-dozens such strikes have been conducted.

You can do the math on the number of dead rats :azn:
Unfortunately, you can see that Israeli drones seem to be of poor quality - it bothers me that some have already been brought down. AZ should rather trade with TR and leave the resources and money in the family ;)

Unfortunately, you can see that Israeli drones seem to be of poor quality - it bothers me that some have already been brought down. AZ should rather trade with TR and leave the resources and money in the family ;)

Turkey can probably deliver a few ANKA or TB2 UAVs from its own inventory to Azerbaijan with short notice. (The Turks could also operate them, while Azeri pilots are being trained.

Turkey can probably deliver a few ANKA or TB2 UAVs from its own inventory to Azerbaijan with short notice. (The Turks could also operate them, while Azeri pilots are being trained.

I think turkey has to hold back at the moment so that it doesn't give the Russians any reason to interfere directly and such a delivery now would be equivalent. Instead, Turkey should train AZ pilots in Turkey in private! ... unlike in the 90s, the AZ military is far superior to the Armenian military due to its economic strength - at that time USSR gave the Armenians as much as all the military equipment to the region, which could lead to this tragedy at the time!

Turkey has to go the official way with the drones, accelerating it, but a clever way!
The AZ parliament simply has to agree and pay at short notice - this is how turkey can deliver without directly interfering ... this is because AZ made this request before the conflict!

https://www.dailysabah.com/business...o-purchase-turkish-manufactured-combat-drones

azarbaijan should develop a serious fleet of helicopters armed with missiles like spike.

azarbaijan should develop a serious fleet of helicopters armed with missiles like spike.

AZ tried to buy 60 ATAK helicopters for 3 billion dollars in 2015 - I don't know what happened to this case and I haven't read anything else, except that AZ would now like to order helicopters from Russia ...

AZ tried to buy 60 ATAK helicopters for 3 billion dollars in 2015 - I don't know what happened to this case and I haven't read anything else, except that AZ would now like to order helicopters from Russia ...

Why is Azerbaijan buying loads of Russian weaponry, when Russia is openly supporting your enemy?

Why is Azerbaijan buying loads of Russian weaponry, when Russia is openly supporting your enemy?
Because like everywhere our leaders are dumb sh1tf0cks - and scared of Russia - all funding rights have been granted to foreign companies, including Gazprom concerning natural gas ... I think AZ is traumatized by the Russians and therefore acts so irrationally ... it is time to have a direct border with TR to finally change that...

attack helicopters and heavy transport ones can change the course of conflicts. Iran used to heliborne divisions behind iraqi artillery and air defense positions using Chinooks and take them out. also the conflict terrain seems mountainy which is the best condition to operate helicopters and sneak into enemy land without being intercepted. if you can arm your existing fleet of mil-24s with missiles like spike you can achieve great successes.

attack helicopters and heavy transport ones can change the course of conflicts. Iran used to heliborne divisions behind iraqi artillery and air defense positions using Chinooks and take them out. also the conflict terrain seems mountainy which is the best condition to operate helicopters and sneak into enemy land without being intercepted. if you can arm your existing fleet of mil-24s with missiles like spike you can achieve great successes.
AZ has about 164 combat-ready helicopters in stock - including Mi-17, Mi-24, and Mi-35

Because like everywhere our leaders are dumb sh1tf0cks - and scared of Russia - all funding rights have been granted to foreign companies, including Gazprom concerning natural gas ... I think AZ is traumatized by the Russians and therefore acts so irrationally ... it is time to have a direct border with TR to finally change that...

Due to the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the Nagorno Karabagh,the OSCE requested in 1992 its participating members to impose an arms embargo to forces engaged in the conflict,embargo that is still in force as of today.

It is voluntarily enforced,but a number of OSCE participating countries have supplied arms to both countries,Russia,primarily.

So,they buy Russian weaponry,because they actually don't have the choice. Azerbaijan is making shopping in countries willing to sell them weapons,Russia and Israel among the few....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom