What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Can someone explain why Azerbaijan lost the war against Armenia back in 1990´s ?
So many reasons...

first, lack of communication is very important.. the systems Azerbaijan used to use, was Russian and Russians gave all the information to Armenians. only at the end of war, Azerbaijan started to use those minority language that Armenians will not understand..
My dad was in the war. he said they never knew if the person or group they see were Azeris or Armenians as none of the group had communication device. Thats why either many soldiers killed each other or got surrender..
second, lack of military knowledge.. in SOviet union, they didnt let Azerbaijanis to study in army schools. only some people had some experience from Afgan war.
Third, no army technology, as Azerbaijan was first of those who started protest with millions of people and Russia took all army technologies when they left the city.. Azerbaijan started to produce Kalashnikov in metal factories, but even my dad says that after 20-30 they didnt work.

So many reasons...

first, lack of communication is very important.. the systems Azerbaijan used to use, was Russian and Russians gave all the information to Armenians. only at the end of war, Azerbaijan started to use those minority language that Armenians will not understand..
My dad was in the war. he said they never knew if the person or group they see were Azeris or Armenians as none of the group had communication device. Thats why either many soldiers killed each other or got surrender..
second, lack of military knowledge.. in SOviet union, they didnt let Azerbaijanis to study in army schools. only some people had some experience from Afgan war.
Third, no army technology, as Azerbaijan was first of those who started protest with millions of people and Russia took all army technologies when they left the city.. Azerbaijan started to produce Kalashnikov in metal factories, but even my dad says that after 20-30 they didnt work.
Yes, very true. There was complete lack of organisation. I visited the front line several years ago. Have distant relatives in Bardah. Even now, there is no political will to get this issue out of the way; the politicians are busy accummulating wealth to be bothered by the plight of the refugees.

Yes, very true. There was complete lack of organisation. I visited the front line several years ago. Have distant relatives in Barda.
Barda is like Azerbaijani SAHARA...) but to those who dont know, the most tasty ships are from Barda, as they have special greens that when ships eat them, their meat becomes very delicious... any foreigner came to Baku and tasted it, got shoked... I would highly recommend it...
For example, only one cities army head was local (called Gedebey) and he didnt stop the fight when president asked all army forces to back up from front line(Heydar Aliyev actually asked it,,) He not only saved the attack, but also even occipied Armenian land and still its under our rule. But, that man got killed in Azerbaijan toward end of war. my dad was on that front too.. also, they didnt let Russians to take army technology when they left before war...

Barda is like Azerbaijani SAHARA...) but to those who dont know, the most tasty ships are from Barda, as they have special greens that when ships eat them, their meat becomes very delicious... any foreigner came to Baku and tasted it, got shoked... I would highly recommend it...
For example, only one cities army head was local (called Gedebey) and he didnt stop the fight when president asked all army forces to back up from front line(Heydar Aliyev actually asked it,,) He not only saved the attack, but also even occipied Armenian land and still its under our rule. But, that man got killed in Azerbaijan toward end of war. my dad was on that front too.. also, they didnt let Russians to take army technology when they left before war...
Food is excellent there. I was in a village outside barda; dont recall the name. Spent 2 weeks. Loved it.

... the systems Azerbaijan used to use, was Russian and Russians gave all the information to Armenians...
If that is the case, then why does Azerbaijan still buy a lot of Russian weapons and equipment? When I check the Azerbaijan thread, it's all Russian and Israeli weaponry. Imho, Israelis aren't to be trusted either, like how we have experienced with their Heron UAV's.

Last edited:
If that is the case, then why does Azerbaijan still buy a lot of Russian weapons and equipment? When I check the Azerbaijan thread, it's all Russian and Israeli weaponry. Imho, Israelis aren't to be trusted either, like how we have experienced with their Heron UAV's.
There are two possibilities or both of them...
One is Ilham ALiyev afraid of Putin, as his grandma is Armenian and you can not see any information about his grandma, they never share it.. Also, 3 million Azerbaijanis are in RUssia like Turkish people in Germany.. any time Azerbaijan refused to do something, they deported thousand of them, which they actually were the core of Azerbaijani economy as sending money back...
on the other hand, where else can they purchase Helicopter, tank? name it to me pls...
ALso, they angered Armenians against Russia as they were mad that Russia playing with them. They trusted RUssia but RUssia still follow the business and sell army technology against them to us..

since West has put an arms embargo on Azerbaijan, Russia is the only country that can supply heavy systems to Azerbaijan, and Azerbaijan was/is in heavy need of weapons and is willing to look past their relationship due to the dire need and lack of options. Israel might be an unreliable ally for Turkey, but for Azerbaijan, Israel is a strategic ally. Israel has continually provided Azerbaijan with latest drones, radars and AD systems.

There are two possibilities or both of them...
One is Ilham ALiyev afraid of Putin, as his grandma is Armenian and you can not see any information about his grandma, they never share it.. Also, 3 million Azerbaijanis are in RUssia like Turkish people in Germany.. any time Azerbaijan refused to do something, they deported thousand of them, which they actually were the core of Azerbaijani economy as sending money back...
on the other hand, where else can they purchase Helicopter, tank? name it to me pls...
ALso, they angered Armenians against Russia as they were mad that Russia playing with them. They trusted RUssia but RUssia still follow the business and sell army technology against them to us..

what the hell are you talking about

since West has put an arms embargo on Azerbaijan, Russia is the only country that can supply heavy systems to Azerbaijan, and Azerbaijan was/is in heavy need of weapons and is willing to look past their relationship due to the dire need and lack of options. Israel might be an unreliable ally for Turkey, but for Azerbaijan, Israel is a strategic ally. Israel has continually provided Azerbaijan with latest drones, radars and AD systems.

what the hell are you talking about
You speak english, so you know what im saying...
if you have something to say or challenge my thoughts, you are welcome.. seems like,it is easy to judge in front of computer... without putting any light

large number of Plasan Sandcats getting ready to be shipped to Azerbaijan

index.png

First of Polonez Long-Range MLRS (300kms) delivered to Azerbaijan, a total of 10 will be delivered in 2018

Hmzt804tSNw.jpg

-Nof8Ykg1hU.jpg

I believe this is Dongfeng 12 or a joint Belarusian version of Dongfeng 12 short-range ballistic missile
range estimated to be around 400 to 500kms.

Lte1An3Yo8g.jpg

First of Polonez Long-Range MLRS (300kms) delivered to Azerbaijan, a total of 10 will be delivered in 2018

Hmzt804tSNw.jpg

-Nof8Ykg1hU.jpg

I believe this is Dongfeng 12 or a joint Belarusian version of Dongfeng 12 short-range ballistic missile
range estimated to be around 400 to 500kms.

Lte1An3Yo8g.jpg

actually I was wrong, Polonez does have the capability to fire M20 ballistic missiles which have a range of 400kms+
but the system in this photo is Israeli LORA ballistic missile with 430km range

Lte1An3Yo8g.jpg

1200px-LORA_missile.JPG

Last edited:
new version of Plasan Sandcat with a 30mm turret presented at EUROSATORY-2018, Azerbaijan is currently the biggest user of Sandcats in the world.

l9hOj0KFi90.jpg

UVision presented Hero 30 loitering munition to Azerbaijan, UVision has a whole family of loitering munition for different ranges and different targets.

UVision_and_FIRSTEC_partner_to_market_HERO_30_loitering_system_in_South_Korea_640_001.jpg

123.jpg

http://www.israeldefense.co.il/he/node/34529

Back
Top Bottom