What's new

Azerbaijan Defence Programs & Military Development

Euronaval 2016: Israel Shipyards secures first Saar 72 construction order

Israel Shipyards has secured an order for the construction of the first ship of its new Saar 72 design, IHS Jane's has learned.

Details on the customer and configuration remain confidential at this time. However, delivery is currently expected in early 2018.

The new design, as shown at the Euronaval 2016 exhibition in France, has options including an offshore patrol vessel (OPV) variant with light armament, and a corvette version with a full armament suite.

Depending on the choice of propulsion system, the steel-hulled, aluminium superstructure ships can achieve speeds of up to 30 kt, with hybrid propulsion options driving speeds up to around 9 kt also envisaged.

http://www.janes.com/article/64851/...ards-secures-first-saar-72-construction-order

View attachment 417574

meanwhile in Azerbaijan, coast guard is the navy and the navy is the coast guard.

During ADEX 2016, Rafael presented an upgrade for Azerbaijani Air Force Su-25s featuring Litening Targeting Pod and Spice 1000lb Guided Bomb with a range of 100kms. Azerbaijan has more than 40 Su-25s in service.

View attachment 417992

Litening Pod

View attachment 417993

Spice 1000

View attachment 417994

ELI-3360 Maritime Patrol Aircraft (MPA) was also presented

View attachment 417997
o

It seems Azerbaijan and Israel have lot of cooperation in military field .is this relationship new or just developing due to border dispute with Armenians. ?

o

It seems Azerbaijan and Israel have lot of cooperation in military field .is this relationship new or just developing due to border dispute with Armenians. ?

the military cooperation started around 2008

I wonder why Milgem has not joined the competition?

Milgem and Daersan Corvette Project have also been proposed for Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan took interest in Milgem pretty seriously, and also considered building a shipyard for the navy, but that was a couple years ago.

Daersan Corvette

ext (1).jpg

But at the end.....?

but in the end we don't know, Navy has many requirements for many type of ships, including submarines and even naval aviation, I suspect Navy will even go for frigates for land attack capability.

Azerbaijan State Border Service unveils new weapons and equipment

qulle-e1503598908232.jpg

(c) azeridefence.com
Read news from Defence Blog at Flipboard.com | Subscribe to the newsletter from Defence Blog
By Dylan Malyasov -
Aug 25, 2017
The Azerbaijan State Border Service has unveiled several new weapon systems and equipment.

That was reported by azeridefence.com.

The event at SBS where president Ilham Aliyev was also participating several weapon systems, optic systems, border observation equipment were demonstrated.

At the video of State Television it can be seen that SBS has weapon systems that several other countries don’t have.

It can be seen that SBS’s SPEAR 120 mm automatic mortar complex of “Elbit Systems” is mounted on BTR-70 chassis. BTR-70s in their turn are modernized at SBS maintenance center. The vehicle with new engine and control system is indexed as BTR-70S.

sp1-e1503598897971.jpg

SPEAR mortar 120 mm (c) azeridefence.com
Other novelty is new combat module on 4×4 “Cobra” armored vehicle. Combat module is equipped with one NSVT 12.7 mm machine gun, AQS-30 automatic mortar and 2 LAHAT anti-tank laser rockets. Combat module is also equipped with any-weather electric-optic system, laser range scope and laser pointer. Range of LAHAT rockets shooted from land platform is 8 km and from helicopter – 13 km.

modul-e1503598926892.jpg

new combat module (c) azeridefence.com
As the first customer of “Zerbe K1” kamikadze UAV (loitering munition) of Ministry of Defence Industry, SBS showed this ammunition as well.

zerbe-1-e1503598867979.jpg

Zerbe K1 kamikadze UAV (c) azeridefence.com
Other notable equipment is Israel’s IAI “Harop” loitering munition. SBS commandership showed “Harop” and its use during battles of April, 2016, to president Ilham Aliyev.

At the show cast were also presented various sniper rifles, optic sights, surface observation radars used by SBS.

pua-e1503598916438.jpg

IAI “Harop” loitering munition (c) azeridefence.com

http://defence-blog.com/army/azerbaijan-state-border-service-unveils-new-weapons-and-equipment.html

Milgem and Daersan Corvette Project have also been proposed for Azerbaijan, Azerbaijan took interest in Milgem pretty seriously, and also considered building a shipyard for the navy, but that was a couple years ago.

Daersan Corvette

View attachment 420869
I must say different but a great idea I hope that thing in front is VLS for Cruise Missiles ?

Azerbaijan State Border Service unveils new weapons and equipment

qulle-e1503598908232.jpg

(c) azeridefence.com
Read news from Defence Blog at Flipboard.com | Subscribe to the newsletter from Defence Blog
By Dylan Malyasov -
Aug 25, 2017
The Azerbaijan State Border Service has unveiled several new weapon systems and equipment.

That was reported by azeridefence.com.

The event at SBS where president Ilham Aliyev was also participating several weapon systems, optic systems, border observation equipment were demonstrated.

At the video of State Television it can be seen that SBS has weapon systems that several other countries don’t have.

It can be seen that SBS’s SPEAR 120 mm automatic mortar complex of “Elbit Systems” is mounted on BTR-70 chassis. BTR-70s in their turn are modernized at SBS maintenance center. The vehicle with new engine and control system is indexed as BTR-70S.

sp1-e1503598897971.jpg

SPEAR mortar 120 mm (c) azeridefence.com
Other novelty is new combat module on 4×4 “Cobra” armored vehicle. Combat module is equipped with one NSVT 12.7 mm machine gun, AQS-30 automatic mortar and 2 LAHAT anti-tank laser rockets. Combat module is also equipped with any-weather electric-optic system, laser range scope and laser pointer. Range of LAHAT rockets shooted from land platform is 8 km and from helicopter – 13 km.

modul-e1503598926892.jpg

new combat module (c) azeridefence.com
As the first customer of “Zerbe K1” kamikadze UAV (loitering munition) of Ministry of Defence Industry, SBS showed this ammunition as well.

zerbe-1-e1503598867979.jpg

Zerbe K1 kamikadze UAV (c) azeridefence.com
Other notable equipment is Israel’s IAI “Harop” loitering munition. SBS commandership showed “Harop” and its use during battles of April, 2016, to president Ilham Aliyev.

At the show cast were also presented various sniper rifles, optic sights, surface observation radars used by SBS.

pua-e1503598916438.jpg

IAI “Harop” loitering munition (c) azeridefence.com

http://defence-blog.com/army/azerbaijan-state-border-service-unveils-new-weapons-and-equipment.html

I must say different but a great idea I hope that thing in front is VLS for Cruise Missiles ?

ZARVAN can you make sure you read relevant threads before you post otherwise you are just ruining it as I recall you did with IDEF 2017 thread.

ZARVAN can you make sure you read relevant threads before you post otherwise you are just ruining it as I recall you did with IDEF 2017 thread.
It's the relevant thread this is thread about Azerbijan Military development and I posted news about Azerbijan Military

It's the relevant thread this is thread about Azerbijan Military development and I posted news about Azerbijan Military

I didn't say you posted in irrelevant thread, I meant you don't read them and posting previously posted news as if you have an aim to just post for the sake of posting.

Daersan Corvette

View attachment 420869
Any specs on Daersan corvette design? It looks heavily armed

Any specs on Daersan corvette design? It looks heavily armed

it packs more firepower than Milgem and same sensors in a much smaller size, no official specs, but I can figure it out

SMART-S Mk2 3D radar and ARES-2N EW antennas

Main Gun - Oto Melara 76/62C
Secondary - 2 x 12.7 mm STAMP Remote Controlled Stabilized Machine Gun System
16 SVLS capable of launching Aster 15s and Aster 30s
Exocet mm40 block 3

can't figure out the torpedo countermeasure system located behind the main gun and also the CIWS

Back
Top Bottom