What's new

Awami League turned Bangladesh justice system into ‘Kangaroo court’

Your personal attacks on me are not gonna help you. Anyone mature enough and knowing what they're talking about will see what I am seeing. Indians, throughout the internet, tend to use very simplistic and naive arguments and then personally attack those who think differently. Like teenagers. That was the case in the other topic, it's the case here as well.

The way u just type-casted all the Internet users of India just shows ur mental maturity level.Anyways if i were to choose between simple and complex approaches,i would choose the former.Too much of uncalled for complexity,is that what u like??
Talking 'bout teenagers(u just type casted them too!),is that what teenagers r like in ur country???Pathetic....:sick::sick:

The way u just type-casted all the Internet users of India just shows ur mental maturity level.

I am specifically talking about some of the indians on this forum. It's you here that is trying to read my mind and putting words in my mouth.

Anyways if i were to choose between simple and complex approaches,i would choose the former.Too much of uncalled for complexity,is that what u like??

This is another example of the oversimplicity I am talking about. The funny part is that it happens when we are talking about oversimplicity.

No, I am not asking you to go into a too complex way of thought or do any quantam physics. Just enough for it to work in the real world. The simplicity you're advocating for only works on paper and on forums. It never works in the real world. You need to have a more broader and sophisticated way of thinking in the real world. The oversimplicity creates black and white scenarios in one's mind, and things aren't black and white in the real world.

Some of the arguments I see by Indians on this forum suggest a black and white way of thinking as if everything is very simple, clear, and black and white in the real world.

Talking 'bout teenagers(u just type casted them too!),is that what teenagers r like in ur country???Pathetic....:sick::sick:

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.

I am specifically talking about some of the indians on this forum. It's you here that is trying to read my mind and putting words in my mouth.
Go and read what u posted again,then tell me what am i supposed to mean by this.Ok,ill make things simpler for u.
This is what u posted.
Indians, throughout the internet, tend to use very simplistic and naive arguments and then personally attack those who think differently.

This is another example of the oversimplicity I am talking about. The funny part is that it happens when we are talking about oversimplicity.

No, I am not asking you to go into a too complex way of thought or do any quantam physics. Just enough for it to work in the real world. The simplicity you're advocating for only works on paper and on forums. It never works in the real world. You need to have a more broader and sophisticated way of thinking in the real world. The oversimplicity creates black and white scenarios in one's mind, and things aren't black and white in the real world.
Considering u to be an elite member and an expert when it comes to analyzing whether things r simple or complex,the least we can expect from u is to provide a reasoning behind why u brand certain posts as naive and simple.For all i know they can be reasonable and simple.

Some of the arguments I see by Indians on this forum suggest a black and white way of thinking as if everything is very simple, clear, and black and white in the real world.
Trust me,for a change,start thinking in a simpler way.U dont have to make simpler things complex just for the sake of complexity.I know that certain problems can be really complex in real World,but that does not necessarily mean that we will make our approach to the solution equally complex.

I don't understand what you're trying to say here.
I merely pointed out that u just type-casted all the teenagers to be naive.Now is it simple enough for u to understand??
Well i would like to finish my post with a quote.

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." ~Confucius
:pop::pop:

Go and read what u posted again,then tell me what am i supposed to mean by this.Ok,ill make things simpler for u.
This is what u posted.

Yes, I said that, nothing wrong with that. I didn't explicitly mean all indians. I merely meant lots of indians.

Considering u to be an elite member and an expert when it comes to analyzing whether things r simple or complex,the least we can expect from u is to provide a reasoning behind why u brand certain posts as naive and simple.For all i know they can be reasonable and simple.

I always talk about how the arguments are simplistic when I come across them.

Trust me,for a change,start thinking in a simpler way.U dont have to make simpler things complex just for the sake of complexity.I know that certain problems can be really complex in real World,but that does not necessarily mean that we will make our approach to the solution equally complex.

The correct word is sophisticated, not complex. Anyhow, if you don't look at in the way it should be, your analysis will be way off and will only be read by teenagers.

I merely pointed out that u just type-casted all the teenagers to be naive.Now is it simple enough for u to understand??

Well teenagers are almost always naive bar a few. No one can deny that. You're probably a teenager yourself. You'll see what I am talking about whe you get older.

Well i would like to finish my post with a quote.

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." ~Confucius
:pop::pop:

Life is simple. The world is not.

Yes, I said that, nothing wrong with that. I didn't explicitly mean all indians. I merely meant lots of indians.
Eating ur own words ehh??
I always talk about how the arguments are simplistic when I come across them.
And so why??

The correct word is sophisticated, not complex. Anyhow, if you don't look at in the way it should be, your analysis will be way off and will only be read by teenagers.
So im talking to a teenager....

Well teenagers are almost always naive bar a few. No one can deny that.
Again eating ur own words ehhh???

You're probably a teenager yourself. You'll see what I am talking about whe you get older.
Ur guess is a wrong one.
Life is simple. The world is not.
R u an alien or something??

Eating ur own words ehh??

Quite thick headed attitude. How does saying what I said mean I am eating my words. I would say the same if I have to. Indians tend to use simplistic logic from what I see on the internet. That's from my personal experience at least.

And so why??

I explained that already.

So im talking to a teenager....

Nah, see you're not doing any analysis here and I am not reading any analysis so try again.

Again eating ur own words ehhh???

Oh dear. Not at all. I stand by what I said. Teenagers are naive. And you extrapolate that I am talking about 100% teenagers. I am talking about this being true in general and that's what people often mean as well when they associate a group to something.

R u an alien or something??

Nah, just living in the real world.

Its good in a way india and indians are on record to the evidence that

1) india was behind propping up an indian stooge regime in Bangladesh
2) India and Indians are actively supporting and Awami regime looting, raping and destroying Bangladeshi justice system.
3) india and indians are actively instigating and supporting Awami regime in destruction of Bangladesh economy

So for this generation and next generation of Bangladeshis india position as an enemy is further strengthened. And from Indian point of view that is a great achievement for india.

Awami regime now threatening Chief Justice to accept murder and hooligan as justice to high court.

--------------------------------------------------------------

JS body chief's remark threat to judiciaryFormer chief justice Mahmudul calls for right steps to protect it

Staff Correspondent

Former chief justice Mahmudul Amin Choudhury yesterday compared the judiciary with a "glasshouse" and said it could crumble at any moment if steps are not taken right now.

Referring to the remark made by the chairman of a parliamentary body on the chief justice's not swearing in two High Court judges, he said, "It is a threat to the judiciary."

He said: "The chairman at a press briefing said the chief justice disrespected the constitution and violated his own oath by not swearing in the two judges, and that is why necessary measures could be taken.

"It means he threatened the chief justice that if he administers the oath, he is safe and if he does not, they will send it to the Supreme Judicial Council or take other actions," he went on to say.

Chief of the parliamentary standing committee on law ministry Suranjit Sengupta on April 21 said the chief justice will breach his constitutional oath if he does not swear in the two judges.

Suranjit at a press briefing at the Jatiya Sangsad media centre also said the constitution of the country does not authorise the chief justice to evaluate judges appointed. The Supreme Judicial Council and other bodies are there for this purpose.

Former CJ Mahmudul Amin also came down on the law minister for saying at a function that it was injustice to the two judges when the notification of their appointment is still valid.

He also referred to a minister's threat to go to the Supreme Judicial Council for the comments of an HC judge in December, court boycott by all HC and Supreme Court judges in 2006 and putting people on remand on pressure. "The judiciary is now like a glasshouse that can collapse any moment," he said.

"It is not a positive sign. So, steps need to be taken immediately. Now it seems that the judiciary needs to be accountable to a separate body," he added, suggesting formation of judicial ombudsman for looking into court activities.

Justice Mahmudul was speaking at the inaugural session of a seminar styled "Accountability in parliamentary democracy: A Bangladesh perspective". Chief Justice Mohammed Fazlul Karim addressed the programme as the chief guest at CIRDAP auditorium in the city.

Monthly Legal Aid organised the seminar.

Justice Mahmudul criticised lawmakers for wasting time discussing worthless issues in parliament and hurling abusive language at opponents.

He said lawmakers should discuss the arrests and harassment of businessmen and students during the caretaker government in parliament.

He also criticised the attitude of the state counsels, saying they think everything will happen as per their expectations.

In his speech, Chief Justice Fazlul Karim said, "Now democracy has emerged as a popular system worldwide, but it stumbles again and again in our country and where democracy is under question, its accountability is a far cry."

He said in the guise of democracy, sometimes one-party rule, sometimes military rule and sometimes caretaker government system have been in place. In fact, the modern accountable system or democratic system is moving ahead slowly, he added.

The chief justice, however, observed, "Our democratic government is always trying to give the democratic system an institutional shape.

"Although we talk about democracy, we do not adopt its ideology and hesitate to shoulder minimum responsibility in an accountable way. Though we get our salary from people's taxes, we work as the employees of the government or a party, not as workers for the people," he said.

He stressed the need for changing the attitude and serving people.

The chief justice said it is not the time for blame game. He asked all to work jointly to make parliamentary democracy sustainable and suggested resolving all problems through discussion.

He also said to gain people's confidence judges have to be honest and must have courage in performing judicial function and demonstrate firm character.

Former caretaker government adviser AF Hassan Ariff also addressed the function, which was followed by a working session in which Justice Md Joynul Abedin presented a keynote paper.

JS body chief's remark threat to judiciary

Raquib Bhai
Welcome back. It has been long. Where do you think our country heading? Would there any defence require if we become virtual slave of Bharat?

I understand your frustration but political ideology is the mother of all defence. A country can not Survive with dignity with out strong ideology and aim. Take a look at our Pakistani brother.. They managed to acquire neuclear weapon and strong defence becasue they managed to come out from bharati circle to clear and convicting Islamic ideology. They had aim and no confusion when come to idendifying the enemy. They are anyting but bharati minded. If Bangladesh wish to survive with dignity and you want to see strong defence then we must follow diffrent ideology than Awami.

Pakistan and Bharat officially enemy country yet you do not see their citizen being killed by BSF whearas our awami dalal went all the way to slave level realtion with bharat yet all most every week a Bangaldeshi citizen die in the hand of BSF. When our coward and dalal govenment bow to bharati bully then expect such humiliation. No one respect cowards and suckers. I hope you understand what I mean.

Zakir Bhai,
Thanks for your kind reply. I understand what you mean. I agree with you to some extent. Bharatis are killing innocent civilians along the border not because we're weak, no way, but because our govt bows to them. But in a defense forum like this, people would expect less political news than defense news.

But in a defense forum like this, people would expect less political news than defense news.

Why it is important people should know about Awami regime destructive activities
------------------------------------------------------------------

Bangladesh strategic standing has significant bearing in the region more than its military standing (because Bangladesh current military standing is very limited in terms of other regional players). And the way Awami regime is pushing Bangladesh to edge of destruction by undermining Bangladesh sovereignty and destroying Bangladesh economy, defense, society and industries; defense and strategic standing of Bangladesh is evaporating faster than one can realize. As such it is only fitting that people in this forum who are interested in Bangladesh defense and strategic matter know how Awami regime is destroying institutions in Bangladesh, unleashed a reign of terror and how Awami regime subservient policy pushing Bangladesh to edge of destruction.

Razakar Jamaat should beg someone with your brilliance to head the Supreme Court. Only then 'Kangaroo Courts' will vanish.

Withdrawal of 516 more cases suggested

BSS, Dhaka

The government formed high-powered committee on Tuesday suggested that the authorities withdraw another 516 cases, including 10 cases filed by the Anti-Corruption Commission (ACC), considering those as politically motivated.

State Minister for Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Advocate Qamrul Islam chaired the 17th meeting of the committee at the conference room of the Home Ministry here.

The meeting was attended, among others, by Additional Secretary of the Home Ministry Iqbal Khan Chowdhury and representatives from the Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Ministry and other concerned officials. After the meeting, committee chief Advocate Qamrul told reporters that a total of 973 cases were placed before the committee, of which 19 cases were filed by the ACC, while 954 were lodgued under the Criminal Procedure Code (CrPC) and Bangladesh Penal Code (BPC).

Out of the 19 cases lodged by the ACC, 10 were recommended to be withdrawn from the concerned courts, six cases were rejected and three were sent back for further review.

Advocate Kamrul said the committee after long discussion suggested the withdrawal of 506 cases filed under the CrPC and BPC after rejecting 115 cases as those were not filed with political motivation and malafide intention.

The committee also instructed the authorities to place 333 cases again before the next committee meeting.

The committee recommended withdrawal of a case filed against ruling party lawmaker from Dhaka's Demra area Habibur Rahman Molla, one case against Jatiya Party (JP) Secretary General ABM Ruhul Amin Hawlader, MP, one against former Awami League lawmaker Dr HBM Iqbal, three cases against former AL MP Haji Mohammad Selim, a case against Sayeed Khokon, the only son of former mayor of Dhaka City Corporation (DCC) Mohammad Hanif, and another case against former chairman of Proshika Dr Kazi Faruqur Ahmed.

Replying to a question, Advocate Qamrul Islam said they had so far received 9,274 cases from different Deputy Commissioners (DCs) and the committee recommended the withdrawal of 4,687 cases of them, including 258 of the ACC.
The New Nation - Internet Edition

Now it is revealed by flaunting rule past Awami regime in 2001 has appointed a British citizen Imam Ali as high court judge. This judge was even falsified his profile putting his nationality as Bangladeshi.

Report in Bangla:
Amardesh Online Edition

Awami regime is using control over judiciary and withdrawing cases when Awami league leaders and cadres are doing unprecedented looting, killing and even raping.

------------------------------------------------------------------

340 more ‘harassment cases’ advised for withdrawal

Staff Correspondent

The government on Sunday decided to recommend quashing 340 more ‘politically-motivated cases’ mostly against leaders and activists of the ruling Awami League.
‘We have decided to recommend withdrawal of 340 cases — 325 filed under the Penal Code and other laws and 15 filed by the Anti-Corruption Commission — out of the 647 cases placed at today’s meeting,’ the state minister for law Quamrul Islam said after presiding over the 16th meeting of the national review committee on withdrawal of politically-motivated cases at the home affairs ministry on Sunday.
He said the committee had received a total of 8,242 cases forwarded by the district committees after scrutiny and recommended withdrawal of 4,118 cases so far.
‘We have received two cases from two BNP leaders Mahmudul Haque and Zahed Ali Chowdhury but did not recommend for withdrawal as the cases were not scrutinised by the district committees,’ the review committee head said.
The committee, however, further reviewed its decision in a number of cases, he said.
Asked about the ultimate fate of the government’s recommendations for quashing the ACC cases as the corruption watchdog had refused to withdraw the cases, Quamrul said the courts and the Anti-Corruption were independent entities and they had the authority to take decisions on the cases on their own.
The inter-ministry committee instituted on February 17, 2009 is reviewing the ‘harassment cases’ filed during the tenures of the BNP-led alliance government (2001–06) and the military-controlled interim administration of Fakhruddin Ahmed (2007–08), mainly against politicians.
The committee has not recommended quashing any such ‘harassment cases’ against the opposition parties but two against the two BNP leaders — former law minister Moudud Ahmed and former minister Khaleda Zia’s son Tarique Rahman.
‘We did not receive any other applications from the opposition parties for withdrawal of harassment cases,’ Quamrul said.
He, however, admitted that suspected criminals might take the opportunity the government had offered for those who were politically harassed during 2001-08.
‘We are very much meticulous about reviewing the cases so that any genuine case is not quashed. If we are mistaken by any reason, we will review the decision,’ the state minister said.
Sunday’s meeting decided to withdraw cases against Chittagong mayor ABM Mohiuddin Choudhury, ruling party lawmaker Abdur Rahman Badi and former lawmaker of Jatiya Party Abdul Gaffer Biswas, among others.

National

Back
Top Bottom