What's new

Awami League men burn down temple, vandalise houses

Calling me sick won't change the ground reality. Why does Hindu in general including India support AL?

Once upon a time your Ancestors were Hindus. Please feel sorry for their souls.

What is happening in Bangladesh??? Begnalis are one of the best intellectuals in India(United India) ... Bengali brother have rich tradition of intellect and civic sense.... Why bangladeshi brothers are maligning the rich Bangla tradition???

No matter hindu or Muslim they are Bangla, they should respect Bangla people... The AL goons must not forget the sacrifice made by Bangla people for their independence...

Is this the liberal (Jinnah's dream) Bangladesh we were talking about in other topics?

This was a disgraceful incident which I'm ashamed of, I sincerely hope the culprits are sent behind bars( which I doubt considering AL in power). Now don't be a fool by mixing up political bumble bees with religious fundamentalists. Its not the same. They took the advantage of political backing, there is nothing religious here.

Calling me sick won't change the ground reality. Why does Hindu in general including India support AL?

So simple.

They don't find Oikye Jote and their appendages including individual supporters the flavour of the millennium!

Once upon a time your Ancestors were Hindus. Please feel sorry for their souls.

I wonder if any of the Bangladeshis here would subscribe to that view.

It is fashionable amongst many to claim to be of the true blooded Arab lineage. Some would also claim to be descendant of the Prophet! Musharaff also claimed that he is a descendant of the Prophet from his mother's side.

Try it, lets see how many would call their ancestry to be of the converts.

This was a disgraceful incident which I'm ashamed of, I sincerely hope the culprits are sent behind bars( which I doubt considering AL in power). Now don't be a fool by mixing up political bumble bees with religious fundamentalists. Its not the same. They took the advantage of political backing, there is nothing religious here.

You should not be ashamed of.... there are morons both side of border... Only solution is strong Civil law to punish these morons... I have High regards and respect for bangla brothers...

I wonder if any of the Bangladeshis here would subscribe to that view.

It is fashionable amongst many to claim to be of the true blooded Arab lineage. Some would also claim to be descendant of the Prophet! Musharaff also claimed that he is a descendant of the Prophet from his mother's side.

Try it, lets see how many would call their ancestry to be of the converts.

Bangali muslims have mixed up their lineage with infusion of many bloods from immigrant muslims in the historical times, and the Ghoti Hindus like you have mixed up your knowledge of truth about the Bangali muslims with a kind of denial and unjust hate. Now, rest in peace, you Hindus are not to ask us about or deny what we are, except, remember, we are not heartless bigots.

Bangali muslims have mixed up their lineage with infusion of many bloods from immigrant muslims in the historical times, and the Ghoti Hindus like you have mixed up your knowledge of truth about the Bangali muslims with a kind of denial and unjust hate. Now, rest in peace, you Hindus are not to ask us about or deny what we are, except, remember, we are not heartless bigots.

Oh yes.

They are real mixed up!

I am from East Bengal from both paternal and maternal sides, if that will help you.

I sure know who is who and what is what! ;)

Oh yes.

They are real mixed up!

I am from East Bengal from both paternal and maternal sides, if that will help you.

I sure know who is who and what is what! ;)

You are such an ignorant bigot! Do you understand the expression 'historical times?' Or, more specifically, were you really born in, say, 1203 AD or, say, sometime before 1757 to know all the facts? If the answer is NO, then read a hundred political history books written in that period.

This Vested Property Act is a shameful act, which is a newer version of Enemy Property Act. Mujib could do away with it, but he chose to give it a new name. BNP goons exploited too.

There is nothing Indians can do, as hindus are bangladeshis citizen. It is their internal matter.
However if anybody wants asylum after being threatened, we should consider it favorably( after enough evidence is provided).
We are not thekedar of all hindus in the world.

Why Bharti media quiet about. If BNP was in office then whole hell would have broke out. Bloody hypocrite.

for ur kind inf. indian media is not interested in bangladeh. we hardly get to watch any news from bangladeh. for indian media bangladesh is same as myanmar. so it does not matter if AL is in power or BNP.

waah you burn down a Temple and say that dont feel sorry for Hindus? what sick pathetic person are you , who support oppression of Hindus.

Nop he --the Islamist- according to those personal attacks you bharatis hurled at him- he and likes of him did not burn it down rather your Bharati mukti bahaini la hassian gang has burnt it down . the la hassina gang was trying to occupy it in the past too.

We hope la hassian masters in Delhi will file a protest over rights of Hindus under her govt rule

আজঃ ঢাকা, বুধবার ০৬ এপ্রিল ২০১১, ২৩ চৈত্র্য ১৪১৭, ০১ জমাদিউল আওয়াল ১৪৩২ হিজরী আপডেট সময়ঃ রাত ১.০০টা

মানিকগঞ্জে সংখ্যালঘুদের বাড়ি ও মন্দিরে আ’লীগের ভাংচুর আগুন : খবর সংগ্রহ করতে গিয়ে হামলার মুখে সাংবাদিকরা : প্রতিবাদ
মানিকগঞ্জ প্রতিনিধি
মানিকগঞ্জ সদর উপজেলার উকিয়ারা বাজারে আওয়ামী লীগ নেতা-কর্মীরা হামলা চালিয়ে একটি মন্দির ও সংখ্যালঘু সম্প্রদায়ের বাড়িঘর ভাংচুর করে নদীতে ফেলে দিয়েছে। খবর সংগ্রহ করতে গিয়ে আওয়ামী লীগ কর্মীদের হামলায় আহত হয়েছেন বাংলাভিশন ও সমকালের মানিকগঞ্জ প্রতিনিধি বিপ্লব চক্রবর্তী ও এটিএন বাংলার সাংবাদিক আবুল কালাম আজাদ। এ ঘটনার পর থেকে সংখ্যালঘু পরিবারের লোকজন ভয়ে পালিয়ে বেড়াচ্ছেন।
সাংবাদিকের ওপর হামলার প্রতিবাদে তাত্ক্ষণিক মানিকগঞ্জে কর্মরত প্রিন্ট ও ইলেকট্রনিক মিডিয়ার সাংবাদিকরা শহরে বিক্ষোভ মিছিল করেছেন। তারা সন্ত্রাসীদের গ্রেফতার ও সদর থানার ভারপ্রাপ্ত কর্মকর্তা আবু তাহেরের অপসারণ দাবি করেছেন।
সংখ্যালঘু পরিবার ও প্রত্যক্ষদর্শীরা জানান, গতকাল সকালে স্থানীয় সংসদ সদস্য জাহিদ মালেক স্বপনের সমর্থকরা উকিয়ারা বাজার সংলগ্ন সংখ্যালঘু গোসাই মণ্ডল ও শরত্ মণ্ডলের বাড়িতে হামলা চালায়। এ সময় ক্যাডার বাহিনীর শতাধিক সন্ত্রাসী প্রথমে একটি দুর্গা মন্দির ভেঙে গুঁড়িয়ে দেয়। এরপর ৪টি বসতঘর ও একটি দোকান ভেঙে তাতে আগুন ধরিয়ে দেয়। পরে সন্ত্রাসীরা ঘরের আসবাবপত্রসহ জিনিসপত্র পাশের নদীতে ফেলে দেয়। এ ঘটনায় এলাকায় আতঙ্ক ছড়িয়ে পড়ে। বন্ধ হয়ে যায় উকিয়ারা বাজারের সব দোকানপাট। সংখ্যালঘু পরিবারের সদস্যরা ভয়ে এলাকা
ছেড়ে চলে যান।
খবর পেয়ে বাংলাভিশন ও সমকালের মানিকগঞ্জ প্রতিনিধি বিপ্লব চক্রবর্তী এবং এটিএন বাংলার আবুল কালাম আজাদ ঘটনাস্থলে ছুটে যান। এ সময় জেলা আওয়ামী লীগের ধর্মবিষয়ক সম্পাদক ইসরাফিল হোসেনের নির্দেশে আওয়ামী সন্ত্রাসীরা সাংবাদিক বিপ্লব চক্রবর্তীর ওপর হামলা চালিয়ে তার কাছ থেকে মোবাইল ও ক্যামেরা ছিনিয়ে নিয়ে একঘণ্টা আটকে রাখে। এ সময় এটিএন বাংলার সাংবাদিক আবুল কালাম আজাদ প্রাণভয়ে পালিয়ে যান। প্রায় ২ ঘণ্টা পর পুলিশ ঘটনাস্থলে হাজির হয়।
আহত সাংবাদিক বিপ্লব চক্রবর্তী জানান, সংখ্যালঘু পরিবারের বাড়িঘর ভাংচুর ও অগ্নিসংযোগের ঘটনার বিষয়টি সদর থানার ওসি আবু তাহের মিয়াকে জানানো হলেও অজ্ঞাত কারণে তিনি তাত্ক্ষণিক ঘটনাস্থলে যাননি। ওসির অবহেলার কারণে এ ঘটনা ঘটেছে।
সাংবাদিকের ওপর হামলার প্রতিবাদে তাত্ক্ষণিকভাবে জেলায় কর্তব্যরত সাংবাদিকরা বিক্ষোভে ফেটে পড়েন। সাংবাদিকরা মানিকগঞ্জ শহরে বিক্ষোভ মিছিল ও প্রতিবাদ সভা করেন। মিছিল নিয়ে সাংবাদিকরা প্রথমে জেলা প্রশাসক ও পরে পুলিশ সুপারের কাছে যান।
জেলা প্রশাসক মুন্সী শাহাবুদ্দিন আহমেদ সাংবাদিকদের উদ্দেশে বলেন, এ হামলা দুঃখজনক। অপরাধীদের বিরুদ্ধে আইনগত ব্যবস্থা নেয়া হবে। তিনি আরও বলেন, জমিটি নিয়ে আদালতে মামলা রয়েছে। নিষ্পত্তি না হওয়া পর্যন্ত বাড়িঘর কেউ উচ্ছেদ করতে পারে না।
পুলিশ সুপার মাসুদ করিম সাংবাদিকের ওপর হামলার নিন্দা জানিয়ে বলেন, অভিযোগ দায়ের হওয়ামাত্র ব্যবস্থা নেয়া হবে।
এদিকে মন্দির ও সংখ্যালঘু পরিবারের বাড়িঘর ভাংচুর ও সাংবাদিকের ওপর হামলার প্রতিবাদে জাতীয় হিন্দু মহাজোট মানিকগঞ্জ শাখা বিকালে মানিকগঞ্জ শহরে বিক্ষোভ মিছিল ও সমাবেশ করেছে। হিন্দু-বৌদ্ধ ঐক্য পরিষদ মানিকগঞ্জ শাখা এর তীব্র প্রতিবাদ জানিয়েছে। তারা অপরাধীদের দৃষ্টান্তমূলক শাস্তির দাবি জানান। এছাড়া সাংবাদিকের ওপর হামলার প্রতিবাদে জেলা বিএনপি ও অঙ্গ সংগঠনের নেতাকর্মীরা তীব্র নিন্দা জানিয়েছেন।

Back
Top Bottom