What's new

Avionics for Thunder - Western or Chinese?

I believe Pakistan should not fall for western avionics package for JF-17.
Thunder should never be integrated with western avionics or wepons.
There can never be a gaurantee that western supplier have not sold the counter measures to any state.
In past such cases have surfaced with American products.
Now a days when US is more than willing to open its technology to india, we should expect that they have also sold counter measures of AIM-120C to indians.
We should also be careful with southafrican standoff missile i.e. H4
We should concentrate on locally built stand off wepons and chinese avionics and BVR developments.
If we do more bussines with China it increase the chance of development of Chinese products.
Balance in power is good news for the world.

if we will be so pessimistic ,we would lack behind in defence tech from india .....
Home made technology is the best but its a long road to cover .
WE ARE using MIRAGES and IAF had the same family ,,,,,,,, so did we ground all our MIRAGES that they would have the counter .
SHARING the counter technology ,,,,,,,,,,,,,DO YOU THING IS IT SO EASY ??
unless and untill if there is world war scenerio and you can say allies would share such type of tech .and we have not such scenerio of WORLD WAR III.

what i think is tht pakistani and chinese engg. should work together in all military fields (air force, land force, navy force and as well as on space tech.) no more usa and others we have already seen thr colors waz the point now goin afther thm where thy dont want to help our air force in all ways. but gadari thinks other wise bloody agent of usa. pakistan and china zindabad no to usa and her allies.

Pakistan already using western Avoinics for JF-17 same as for F-16

AIM-120C7 AMRAAM beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile.
AIM-9X Sidewinder within-visual-range air-to-air missile
AIM-9M-1/2 Sidewinder within-visual-range air-to-air missile (upgraded to AIM-9M-8/9).
Harpoon Block II anti-ship missile.
Mectron MAR-1 anti-radiation missile
Denel A-Darter within-visual-range air-to-air missile. (A-Darter is a fifth generation short range infrared homing air-to-air missile)

And Chinees

SD-10 beyond-visual-range air-to-air missile.
PL-9C within-visual-range air-to-air missile.

Pakistan is using more western then Chinees avoincs then why these Indians are behind Pakistan and western relations?

Originally Posted by BATMAN
I believe Pakistan should not fall for western avionics package for JF-17.
Thunder should never be integrated with western avionics or wepons.
There can never be a gaurantee that western supplier have not sold the counter measures to any state.
In past such cases have surfaced with American products.
Now a days when US is more than willing to open its technology to india, we should expect that they have also sold counter measures of AIM-120C to indians.
We should also be careful with southafrican standoff missile i.e. H4
We should concentrate on locally built stand off wepons and chinese avionics and BVR developments.
If we do more bussines with China it increase the chance of development of Chinese products.
Balance in power is good news for the world
well sir i do agree with the main idea but perhaps having experience with westren avionics for atleast one block will help us to develop better systems with chines.
i mean how often we have seen the chines equipment taken to new standards after having an insiht to westren systems through Pakistan Channel.
i think that different avionic pack for different block can creat an maintainance mess but this is how it is goint to be and getting a westren system for a few of the planes in order to further strenghten our expertise wont be a bad choice!!

regards!

Back
Top Bottom