What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

A Bit of history and reality especially for you.

Gayari is situated in a valley between two high mountains, close to a military hospital, . It is not on the AGPL and, therefore, not eyeball-to-eyeball with Indian troops.

It is about 15-20km from Indian positions and lower down from the heights.

Gayari is used by the Pakistan Army as a base to rotate troops from and send them to higher locations on the Saltoro Ridge around the Chumik glacier.

Both sides are paying a high price in men and materiel. The troops brave viciously cold temperatures, altitude sickness and high winds for months on end. More soldiers have died from the harsh weather than in combat on the glacier, which was uninhabited before troops moved there. Better shelters, equipment and clothing have been introduced of late by India.

In January 2010, too, an avalanche came down on Pakistani troops near Gayari and Pakistani reports said nearly 40 soldiers were killed. In August 2010, 26 Indian soldiers were swept away after a cloudburst in Ladakh. India sought and got help from Pakistan to recover many bodies.

Then in November 2010, an Indian helicopter crashed while attempting a landing on a “stamp-sized” helipad to deliver supplies to troops. One pilot fell into territory controlled by Pakistani troops. His body was returned.

Even the soldiers arent this adamant and having the flame like you are doing. Give it a go, let this thread be clean.
well he's not gonna believe it because he wants someone to blame this on. its like bhains ke aage bin.

Are there Indian teams there??
because I just saw something on the news ticker which I did not catch properly

Its the American team.....8 members in Sakardu..Right now interviewing Rescue team leaders...and planning..Will go to the site on Monday

Sorry to say but pity on you..Family of these soldiers don't give a damn **** form where this help is coming out but you have to maintain your false ego.ain't it ?

They wouldn't want to humiliate their loved ones. And that's definite.

Everybody, this isn't a thread for hatred, rivalry or clash of egos. It's about humanity in the face of overwhelming odds. Kindly don't desecrate it, if you feel someone is being unrealistic or egotistic, just ignore them. Should need be, I wouldn't mind Indian help right now and neither would those trapped, I don't think their families would mind either.

Reject any offer of help which will be humiliation for the martyrs. & there is no If.

I think you need to calm down dude. There is and will never be any humiliation in an humanitarian and friendly gesture - lets just calm down and focus our attention on the lost ones - and stop the standard mud slinging ...

How else can you imagine an army ready with polar gear ready to counter within a week?

I quote as follows from a Time article dated July 2005.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/maixzz1rTdGDG4Ygazine/article/0,9171,1079528,00.html#

It your account of fake history. It was actually some Japanese mountaineers who informed about the presence of Bharatis in Siachen. Aravind Adiga seems to be a Bharati hence not reliable.

Why are you allowing Americans then ? holy **** you people are such a hypocrite..Their families will feel great seeking help from americans :P

Already answered. Why you all bharatis have such serious comprehension issues?

Just one question.

Would you have said the same thing had it been, God forbid, you dad under the tons of ice?

No, please tell.

I would prefer my Dad to be saved by a friend than the worst enemy.

Everybody, this isn't a thread for hatred, rivalry or clash of egos. It's about humanity in the face of overwhelming odds. Kindly don't desecrate it, if you feel someone is being unrealistic or egotistic, just ignore them. Should need be, I wouldn't mind Indian help right now and neither would those trapped, I don't think their families would mind either.

Thank you very much for stepping in. Some of the absurd ideas being floated are certainly obscene in the light of the tragedy that has ocurred.

I would prefer my Dad to be saved by a friend than the worst enemy.

...so you would not let an Indian help him even if time was running out?

I will tell you what I'd do.

I would say what the fack!

Somebody save my dad. Anybody save my dad. Indian, American, Israeli, Jew, Muslim, Hindu...anybody for God's sake SAVE MY DAD!

...and I'm sure you would, too.

I am sure that if India had offered help, then Pakistan definitely would have availed it, irrespective of what some cyber warriors think.

That is the right thing to do. Humanitarian assistance is precious, regardless of the giver or the recepient. The only thing that matters is the objective, in this case to provide succour to the victims.

Ouch it hurt, didn't it?

I got my answer.

Moral of the story: Don't wish for others what you won't wish for yourself.

Bodies are not on indian side so there is no need for indian help Pakistan can help itself or otherwise US or Chinese help can be availed.

I explain u a bit more so you can understand better, if God forbid it was your father under tons of ice & you have 2 options of help one have spade just like yours & other have superior heavy machinery so which one will you choose?

Back
Top Bottom