What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

Three more bodies of Shaheed soldier recovered from Gayari: ISPR

RAWALPINDI: Three more bodies of Shaheed soldiers were recovered from Gayari sector of Siachen on Tuesday bringing the total number of bodies recovered so far to 66.

According to a spokesman of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) here, identity of the bodies was under process.

It may be mentioned here that 139 soldiers including some civilians of 6 Northern Light Infantry Battalion came under a huge snow slide early Saturday morning (April 7, 2012) in Gayari sector near Skardu.

Copyright APP (Associated Press of Pakistan), 2012

3 more bodies recovered from Gayari - PakTribune

RAWALPINDI: Three more bodies of soldiers were recovered from Gayari Sector of Siachen on Wednesday, bringing the total number of bodies recovered so far to 69.

According to an Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) spokesman two recovered bodies have been brought to Goma. It may be mentioned here that 139 soldiers, including some civilians had been buried under a huge avalanche on April 7in Gayari Sector near Skardu.

End.

HALF OF THE SHAHEED SOLDIERS HAVE BEEN RECOVERED AS OF TODAY

Great consistent efforts by PA, all participants of recovery operation deserve appreciation for their good work. I hope this land mark must have lifted their morale further high. I hope and pray that they be successful in recovering all before winter sets in.

Why the retrieving of bodies taking so much of time? In few months, winters will set in and it would be even more difficult to find the dead bodies then.

Why the retrieving of bodies taking so much of time? In few months, winters will set in and it would be even more difficult to find the dead bodies then.

Due to the sheer amount of ice and earth that crashed on the Military camp...Searching for 139 men in 3 to 5 million tons of ice and rubble isnt easy..

Due to the sheer amount of ice and earth that crashed on the Military camp...Searching for 139 men in 3 to 5 million tons of ice and rubble isnt easy..
Any information on if any of the soldiers had chances of survival or was the mountain too overwhelming?

Any information on if any of the soldiers had chances of survival or was the mountain too overwhelming?

They have all been declared dead after the first body was recovered.
and i guess 2 to 5 million tons of ice and earth crashing at the speed of a sports car...can be overwhelming.

They have all been declared dead after the first body was recovered.
and i guess 2 to 5 million tons of ice and earth crashing at the speed of a sports car...can be overwhelming.

My heart goes to the families who probably would be still hopeful. They atleast deserve to see the dead bodies. Hope all are retrieved at the earliest.

I think in a coming month or so all bodies of the martyrs would be retrieved.

It's a mountain of ice and rocks that has come down, it will take some time to get people out of it. I think they have month of August, September and may be most of October when ice will keep melting and no more snow will come down. I hope they will recover everyone during this period. May Allah be with them.

Another soldier’s body recovered from Gayari RAWALPINDI: The body of another soldier was recovered from Gayari sector of Siachen on Friday, bringing the total number of bodies recovered so far to 70. According to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) spokesman, process for the identification of the body was underway. It may be mentioned here that 139 soldiers including some civilians of 6 Northern Light Infantry Battalion came under a huge snow slide on April 7 in Gayari sector near Skardu. app

Body of another martyred soldier recovered | Business Recorder

The body of another Shaheed soldier was recovered from Gayari on Sunday bringing the total number of bodies recovered so far to 71. According to Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) here, the identity of the deceased personal was under process.

It may be mentioned here that Gayari incident happened on April 7 this year and 139 soldiers including some civilians of 6 Northern Light Infantry Battalion came under a huge snow slide.

Since the incident happened, over 300 soldiers along with 50 Engineering Plants are busy in extreme weather conditions day and night to find the remains of soldiers. All available resources have been employed by the Army to retrieve the bodies of buried soldiers and civilians.

Thank you for the steady updates. I hope and pray the recoveries are completed before the onset of heavy snowfall.

Three more bodies recovered from Gayari - thenews.com.pk

August 13, 2012 - Updated 1139 PKT

According to a spokesman of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR), three more bodies of the martyred soldiers were recovered during the on-going search operation at Gayari sector. The total number of recovered bodies is now 78. The identity of the bodies was under process

Back
Top Bottom