What's new

Avalanche traps about 150 Pakistani soldiers

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Friday, August 17, 2012

RAWALPINDI: Another body of a soldier was recovered from Gayari Sector of Siachen on Thursday. The total number of recovered bodies has reached 79. According to an ISPR spokesman, the rescue teams have recovered one more body and the process for the identification had started. Around 139 soldiers from the Northern Light Infantry Battalion along with six civilians were buried under an avalanche on April 7 in Gayari Sector near Skardu. app

3907.jpg

Army Jawans doing Iftari during rescue operation at Gayari. (17-8-2012) – Photo ISPR

what is the latest?

No news about any body recovered lately.

Two bodies recovered from Gayari - thenews.com.pk

ISLAMABAD: Army rescue teams on Sunday recovered two more bodies of martyred soldiers from the Gayari sector of Siachen, bringing the total number of bodies recovered so far to 81.According to a spokesman of the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) here, despite weather hazards, the search operation continues at Gayari. He said over 300 men and 50 engineering plants have been employed for the search operation.

I admire the resolve of the recovery team, and wish it early success, specially with winter around the corner at those heights.

How is the weather now in that area?

Getting rough? The number of recovered bodies has stagnated now.

RAWALPINDI: Two more bodies of Shaheed soldiers were recovered from Gayari sector of Siachen on Sunday evening bringing the total number of bodies recovered so far to 83. According to a spokesman of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) here,
identity of the bodies was under process. It may be mentioned here that 140 soldiers including some civilians of
6 Northern Light Infantry Battalion came under a huge snow slide
early Saturday morning (April 7, 2012) in Gayari sector near Skardu.
Since then, over 300 soldiers and 50 engineering plant are employed at
search operation.

Five more bodies recovered from Gayari - thenews.com.pk

RAWALPINDI: Five more bodies of Shaheed soldiers were recovered from Gayari sector of Siachen Sunday evening bringing the total number of bodies recovered so far to 88.

According to a spokesman of Inter Services Public Relations (ISPR) here, identity of the body was under process.

It may be mentioned here that 140 soldiers including some civilians of 6 Northern Light Infantry Battalion came under a huge snow slide early Saturday morning (April 7, 2012) in Gayari sector near Skardu.

Since then, over 300 soldiers and 50 engineering plant are employed at search operation. (APP)

Safriz, the last figure was 88 and this must have raised it to 93.

I sent messages to ISPR including a personal friend (Lt.Col.) asking to provide coverage on the incident.

Safriz, the last figure was 88 and this must have raised it to 93.

I sent messages to ISPR including a personal friend (Lt.Col.) asking to provide coverage on the incident.

no 88 is including these 5...i think

when you got the info from your friend?

Back
Top Bottom