What's new

Austria Retiring 15 New Eurofighter Typhoon Should Paf buys them for airsuperiority

For all the weekend warriors, PAF checked out the EF Typhoon back in 2006 when the then ACM and not the COAS :sarcastic:, along with some senior pilots visited RAF and evaluated the Typhoon.

740901_572756176083257_870284061_o.jpg

ACM TANVIR MAHMOOD AHMED - CHIEF OF THE PAKISTAN AIR FORCE FLYING EURO FIGHTER OF 29 RESERVE SQUADRON OF RAF ON 1ST NOVEMBER, 2006.HE BECAME THE FIRST PAKISTANI IN THE HISTORY TO FLY IN THE EURO FIGHTER TYPHOON.

For all the weekend warriors, PAF checked out the EF Typhoon back in 2006 when the then ACM and not the COAS :sarcastic:, along with some senior pilots visited RAF and evaluated the Typhoon.

ACM TANVIR MAHMOOD AHMED - CHIEF OF THE PAKISTAN AIR FORCE FLYING EURO FIGHTER OF 29 RESERVE SQUADRON OF RAF ON 1ST NOVEMBER, 2006.HE BECAME THE FIRST PAKISTANI IN THE HISTORY TO FLY IN THE EURO FIGHTER TYPHOON.

Thanks for the share.

So the decision of not acquiring is being revisited or this thread here is a speculative one?

He flew on a good will visit as a guest by the RAF. He did not evaluate the Typhoon. Another team of pilots and engineers evaluated the Typhoon.

Thanks for the share.

So the decision of not acquiring is being revisited or this thread here is a speculative one?
If anything apart from JF-17, the PAF is interested in is the F-16s.
There's more a chance of the consortium buying back the Typhoons and upgrading them to say Tranche-3 and then selling them or whatever.

He flew on a good will visit as a guest by the RAF. He did not evaluate the Typhoon. Another team of pilots and engineers evaluated the Typhoon.
This is what i said, at least one of those pilot was already in UK for the JSCC and accompanied the ACM.
PAF checked out the EF Typhoon back in 2006 when the then ACM , along with some senior pilots visited RAF and evaluated the Typhoon.

Bad mouth China and Pakistan, everybody can see you have nothing worth advise for us.
What he forgets to tell you he is a South African but with Ganga origins. Bit like me, a British with Indus-Pak orgins. If I hid my Pak flag you would still figure out my origins by the signature I would leave behind on PDF.

Ps. I don't know much about aircraft other than that they look great and fly in the sky but I think Pakistan should NOT buy any more fighters for next 15 years until Chinese aviation matures. Save the money spend it on internal security/anti-terror/anti-insurgency and economy. That would offer more returns then fighters.

"old stuff"
The first Eurofighter Typhoon for Austria arrived in July 2007....
7l-wn-austrian-air-force-eurofighter-ef-2000-typhoon_PlanespottersNet_423128.jpg

You mean, as compared to 'new stuff' (Mirage Rose 3)
a3e284c755f35e25edce9a5333f9e922.jpg

Isn't Typhoon a beauty :smitten:, even T-1 is far better than those Super old Mirages ROSE/III .. what i read on some Articles Typhoon T-3 is second best Air superiority Fighter after F-22 Raptor .. Typhoon is expensive but this investment will pay of to PAF in long run ..

Not the first Pakistani pilot, Tiffy has been flown in earlier by an informal group sent over during the late 90s- early2000s.

Isn't Typhoon a beauty :smitten:, even T-1 is far better than those Super old Mirages ROSE/III .. what i read on some Articles Typhoon T-3 is second best Air superiority Fighter after F-22 Raptor .. Typhoon is expensive but this investment will pay of to PAF in long run ..
Not for the role the PAF uses the Mirage ROSE II/III - i.e. deploying stand-off range munitions.

When you look into it, the Typhoon Tranche 1 is a bizarre fighter. Yes it is a superb air-to-air platform, but you can't do much for air-to-ground besides maybe dropping LGB and PGBs. On top of that, one can't feasibly upgrade them to T2 or T3 standards, even the CAPTOR-E AESA retrofit is questionable. Then, to make it worse, there apparently isn't a lot of commonality between the T2/T3 and T1, meaning, you'd end up with two different platforms if you operate both of them.

Not for the role the PAF uses the Mirage ROSE II/III - i.e. deploying stand-off range munitions.

When you look into it, the Typhoon Tranche 1 is a bizarre fighter. Yes it is a superb air-to-air platform, but you can't do much for air-to-ground besides maybe dropping LGB and PGBs. On top of that, one can't feasibly upgrade them to T2 or T3 standards, even the CAPTOR-E AESA retrofit is questionable. Then, to make it worse, there apparently isn't a lot of commonality between the T2/T3 and T1, meaning, you'd end up with two different platforms if you operate both of them.
T1 to me have always looked like an airplane made in haste!

the major Job of our Mirage is launch strike from a distance, how T-1 compared to Mirage, in terms of range and payload capability ? T-1 can be bizarre but Mirages are way past their flying lives .

the major Job of our Mirage is launch strike from a distance, how T-1 compared to Mirage, in terms of range and payload capability ? T-1 can be bizarre but Mirages are way past their flying lives .
The T1 literally is not capable of deploying SOWs such as ALCM. The range and payload is basically irrelevant unless you're planning to live with the T1 as a pure air superiority fighter.

Back
Top Bottom