What's new

Austria Retiring 15 New Eurofighter Typhoon Should Paf buys them for airsuperiority

Good plane ..............perfect answer to Rafale

BUT yiu need 36 not 15

AND being a late 4th generation fighter even used price will be between $80-100 million each.

The the expensice weapons AND attemot to buy 21 more from EADS.

you have $5-6 billion spare ................ THEN GO FOR IT

Another Euro fighter thread ? PAF will not induct anything till J31 so forgive us from 30 + pages of brain drain

stock-photo-please-forgive-me-praying-young-afro-american-male-pressing-hands-together-having-guilty-look-604734875.jpg
very well said....instead of wasting money on eurofighters i say invest them in J31 and TFX

Well , its good choice for Pakistan, it has British engine RR XG40. Far away from any sanctions and remaining avionics are EU companies.

Austria is talking about 30 years maintenance cost I'm talking about 10 years of using them

And we are not Austria or Swiss who has lesser or no threat from it's neighbors

We need a potent fighter jet 15 jets won't cost much than 1.5 billion and wit spares etc 2.5 for EF 2000 i go anyday

This can be a temporary solution to counter the Indian Rafale deal, but will also need to have a potent force to counter the Mki 30 threat. JF-17 and F-16 alone can not manage it. Our Fifth Gen ambition is a decade late to be brought to fruit. The maintenance cost of Typhoon will be a problem. We also need to be clear about our plans for J-31 or TF-X.
Currently, we can only speculate but I do not think we will go for Typhoon.

Today i saw i news that Austrian government is decided to phase ourt EF 2000 due to cost factor and they don't have Enemy at their borders and eminent need of jets

Pakistan Airforce lacks in airsuperiority role and deep strike capability these 15 EF 2000 Can fullfil our needs until we get new fith generations jet and these jets will come at lesser price as second hand jets top of it they can fire any New air to air missile like IRIST MATADEOR etc which F 16 cannot yet

Top of it until we get new twin engine 5th generation jet our pilots can gain experience in twin engine jet of EF 2000 calliber and somewhat we can counter Rafale if India with this aqusation
Hi it's not that I'm trying to wind you but if Austria can't afford you think it will be easy for us to maintain hence any info what trench are these EF fighters
Thx

If these r 30 year old birds then how much juice is left in them. Secondly they would definitely need a mid life upgrade for their Airframes, engines and avionics and Europeans are the most expensive in the world. Total cost of fly away may be again around a new bird from China or Russia.

I dont bother to read some who mention China military product just based on a manpack experience. I can even bet whatever you source to get the manpack is not even thru proper China state military channel.
moderators.... please shut this fellow down. I have had enough of this stupidity.

15 Fighters is not even a sq strength , plus lots of people are talking here about Cost and Maintaining cost, but no one even bother to think will Austria Sell it to Pakistan ? Do we have any Defense Ties with them ?

Dropped? Where did it even begin? It's too big if you'd ask me.
As for Typhoons PaF has already tested them and refused them in 2006.
is that why pakistan recently enquired about them?

PAF is trying to move into 4.5gen stopgaps so the EF is only going to be looked at in its tranche 3 configuration; finances are supposedly available.
but in what numbers 36, 48, 72........?

Back
Top Bottom