What's new

Austria Retiring 15 New Eurofighter Typhoon Should Paf buys them for airsuperiority

Super Falcon

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Today i saw i news that Austrian government is decided to phase ourt EF 2000 due to cost factor and they don't have Enemy at their borders and eminent need of jets

Pakistan Airforce lacks in airsuperiority role and deep strike capability these 15 EF 2000 Can fullfil our needs until we get new fith generations jet and these jets will come at lesser price as second hand jets top of it they can fire any New air to air missile like IRIST MATADEOR etc which F 16 cannot yet

Top of it until we get new twin engine 5th generation jet our pilots can gain experience in twin engine jet of EF 2000 calliber and somewhat we can counter Rafale if India with this aqusation

I don't think they would make much difference in such low number and it would be cost prohibitive for PAF to get them in numbers that matter. For PAF quantity with "ok" quality is the way to go. JF17 blk3 is step in that direction.

In July 2017, the Austria Defense Ministry announced that it would be replacing all of its Typhoon aircraft by 2020. The ministry said that continued use of its Typhoons over their 30–year life–span would cost about €5 billion with the bulk being for maintenance. It estimated that buying a new fleet of 15 single–seat and 3 twin–seat fighters would save €2 billion over that period. Austria plans to explore a government-to-government sale or lease agreement to avoid a lengthy and costly tender process with a manufacturer. Possible replacements include the Saab Gripen and the F-16.

Will 15 Euro Fighters will do the Job??? these are Tranche 1 Aircraft can these be upgraded to Tranche 3A?? and buy new ones from UK to make the numbers to 36??

Understand the difference between an "opinion " and a question. :)
Neither of which is warranted unless comes with genuine honest intent, not too common for Indians on PDF these days.

As for the Su-35, no one in the PAF ever really considered it seriously; the only one talking about is a semi-literate defence minister who is more a polical drama generatic buffon than a useful member of the defense procurement system.

Today i saw i news that Austrian government is decided to phase ourt EF 2000 due to cost factor and they don't have Enemy at their borders and eminent need of jets

Pakistan Airforce lacks in airsuperiority role and deep strike capability these 15 EF 2000 Can fullfil our needs until we get new fith generations jet and these jets will come at lesser price as second hand jets top of it they can fire any New air to air missile like IRIST MATADEOR etc which F 16 cannot yet

Top of it until we get new twin engine 5th generation jet our pilots can gain experience in twin engine jet of EF 2000 calliber and somewhat we can counter Rafale if India with this aqusation
Austria has a big problem maintaining them and yet you want to take the bait and get yourself into more trouble for PA? Those Euro fighter will eat up fund like no tomorrow. It will destroy one AF even without needing a war.

Do you see why they are retiring them ?

Maintenance Costs !

There is a difference between buying defense equipment and buying cars.

It is not as simply as buying daddy's corolla especially European fighters have too much high duty maintenance cycle, ego and attitude to contend with. Look at Switzerland, they pushed really hard their hunters to the point there was not a single modern replacement - that was a 60's era jet of all things.
5th gen is long way away and ROI is not there yet.

It is not as simply as buying daddy's corolla especially European fighters have too much high duty maintenance cycle, ego and attitude to contend with. Look at Switzerland, they pushed really hard their hunters to the point there was not a single modern replacement - that was a 60's era jet of all things.
5th gen is long way away and ROI is not there yet.
false flagging india !!!!

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom