What's new

Featured Australian Import Bans Show the Sharp Edge of China’s Economic Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you get that from a fortune cookie?

There is a global shortage of meat beef prices are up 25% YoY.
If you heard the term sellers market, beef at this minute is a sellers market.

Australia will have no problems finding alternate buyers. Copper prices are surging..so once again not a problem for Australia.
China will pay higher prices to find alternate low quality suppliers. i.e. Russian beef, frankly I'd rather eat my shoe.
Australia only sells beef?

Did you get that from a fortune cookie?

There is a global shortage of meat, beef prices are up 25% YoY.
If you heard the term sellers market, beef at this minute is a sellers market.

Australia will have no problems finding alternate buyers. Copper prices are surging..so once again not a problem for Australia.
China will pay higher prices to find alternate low quality suppliers. i.e. Russian beef, frankly I'd rather eat my shoe.

It isn't working is it..

Sure, there are a few industries that won't be impacted. But China has been Australia's biggest consumer for a vast array of goods. It's just bad business to piss off your customer.

According to figures, China’s share of Australian exports stood at 48.8 percent.
China must buys a lot of beef from Australia...

Sure, there are a few industries that won't be impacted. But China has been Australia's biggest consumer for a vast array of goods. It's just bad business to piss off your customer.

Depends on the market, Australia have alternatives and are resource rich. China on the other hand relies on imports to feed its exports and infrastructure.
China steel plants source mainly Australian Iron ore and Australia is the largest exporter of Iron ore by far Brazil and Canada are a distant 2nd and third.

Guess what happens when you eliminate the biggest supplier from your supply chain. You pay more ...

Chinese people are too sensitive they respond aggressive when anyone says something that does not fit into their narrative.
Sure, Canberra will take the hit.
But Being too. Job losses at chinese importers, missed opportunities of chinese students.
Factories in China have to buy more expensive stuffs elsewhere.
Pakistan can easily replaced almost all the items China required with very attractive price

Depends on the market, Australia have alternatives and are resource rich. China on the other hand relies on imports to feed its exports and infrastructure.
China steel plants source mainly Australian Iron ore and Australia is the largest exporter of Iron ore by far Brazil and Canada are a distant 2nd and third.

Guess what happens when you eliminate the biggest supplier from your supply chain. You pay more ...
Russia will be good source after AUS, Brasil can also contribute

That sea was not even yours in the first place.
What is there for you to give up?

Something that never belonged to you at all and only in your greedy mind that you say is yours.
I like chinese humor. You should go to circus. We live next to the seas. Certainly the seas belong to us. We are going to leave. What can you do? Ha ha. Nothing.
Pakistan can easily replaced almost all the items China required with very attractive price
Not that easy.
Ozz/China trades are north of $200 billion.
No worry if they kick the Aussie out, we can play the role. Unless there is a nuclear war, Vietnam/China trades will reach $200 billion in few years.

Russia will be good source after AUS, Brasil can also contribute
微信图片_20201107020742.png

China must buys a lot of beef from Australia...

Not anymore
Chief economist update: Australia needs China more than it needs us

Old news from May 2020, Australian GDP is growing in October 2020 so obviously this guy is wrong

US is now importing beef due to shortages imports increased by 12% from 2019.

Old news from May 2020, Australian GDP is growing in October 2020 so obviously this guy is wrong
China hasn't sanctioned Australia yet, Austraiia's trade with China is tiny to China but massive to Australia, China grows more than one Australia every year in GDP.

Australia is going to learn the hard way that western hegemony has ended.

Anglo-saxon countries still have this racist, entitled attitude to none-white/western countries.

What on earth was australia thinking picking a fight with their biggest trading partner on behalf of trump.... ? they would get the 'western anglo pass" and it would be a 1 way fight like western imperialists are used to?

China needs to make an example out of australia. then the next time the US government wants to take chinese hostages like meng wanzou, its puppets will be less reluctant to blindly to their masters bidding.

lmao this is funny.

When the same logic is applied to the US: "US can easily find alternative suppliers to Chinese manufactured imports containing significant embedded Chinese IP, infrastructure and logistics."

But for Australia: "China cannot find other countries to dig rocks out of the ground."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom