What's new

Aussie scientists' time travel breakthrough

lol... it doesn't prove anything.... its just a concept yet..nothing concrete...

so is time travel. there is no concrete proof. i feel science is slowly turning into philosophy. There are so many theories from sub atomic scale to multiverse...we are kinda reaching at a stage where we can't directly observe or test a theory in lab...u know do an actual experiment.

so is time travel. there is no concrete proof. i feel science is slowly turning into philosophy. There are so many theories from sub atomic scale to multiverse...we are kinda reaching at a stage where we can't directly observe or test a theory in lab...u know do an actual experiment.
no... its not like that... we do have substantial proof of sub atomic particles doing time travel.... in the LHC when neutrinos were accelerated with approx. light speed their lifetime almost doubled....which means they travelled in time... we need to find a way to implement it in largescale to make it possible for humans....

Actually the time travel theories as we all know is nothing but time dilation, which means that time will be slowed down for you with respect to your surrounding.

for example you will be in future 10 mins but for you only 6 mins have been passed. Thats why we call that time travel is possible for going into future but not in past. It doesn't mean that you can see future while remaining in present

no... its not like that... we do have substantial proof of sub atomic particles doing time travel.... in the LHC when neutrinos were accelerated with approx. light speed their lifetime almost doubled....which means they travelled in time... we need to find a way to implement it in largescale to make it possible for humans....

I was referring to other leading theories such as string theory, what goes at planck length. I read a journal on some science site that in order to go that deep, we would need LHC as big as galaxy.

So i am still not convinced. We cannot do every experiment in a lab. That's why you are seeing those mind boggling tons of theories out there. There is not much practical work going on when compared to 20th century.

lol... it doesn't prove anything.... its just a concept yet..nothing concrete...
Multiverse concept behavior is observed at quantum level so can't be ruled out completely yeah it is very weird to go back in time kill someone who is alive in your present, the moment you will kill him it will create the alternate universe or world which is different of universe where we live hence keeping intact the series of events which is already had happened.

Many-worlds interpretation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The team was able to send single particles of light, known as photons, along a path in space-time that returns the travelling object to the same point at an earlier time, known as a closed timelike curve.

I haven't been following the news here much.

One thing to note is that photons don't have mass, so accomplishing something with photons doesn't mean it can be replicated with particles having mass.

However, just sending photons back in time would be an amazing achievement in itself.

But in our Puranas it has also been mentioned. May be some would laugh it away. Best example is sage Narada who can go from past to future and anywhere within a fraction of second as he like.

Back
Top Bottom