What's new

Aussie Couple Crossing from India Found Pakistani Roads Better

Status
Not open for further replies.
no third person who have been on roads of Pakistan and Hindustan (even Hindustanis who visited Pakistan) call Hindustani roads better than Pakistan.
What has traffic density got to do with the infrastructure of roads? If you want to have a comparison. Compare using road quality index by World Economic Forum.
http://reports.weforum.org/pdf/gci-2017-2018-scorecard/WEF_GCI_2017_2018_Scorecard_EOSQ057.pdf
Railways is backbone of transportation in Hindustan while in Pakistan it's roads. Hindustani railways is much much better than Pakistan in both capacity and quality, I don't have inflated ego not to admit that while road transportation is much better in Pakistan which is difficult for Hindustanis to swallow.
It is same for roads in India too. People take roads for shorter distances, railways for higher distances and planes if you want to reach there faster. All three are better in the region at least. It has nothing to do with ego, we don't claim to be top class infra in world. We are aware of how bad it is in some places.

Genius, one vehicle accompanying for security reasons doesn't mean that we have built dedicated roads for foreigners nor we empty roads for them. It's same road used by everyone, in fact the road along canal is main artery of Lahore which starts from Wahga border go across Lahore to other corner of Lahore.
Controlled access doesn't mean for foreigners.:lol: Controlled access means roads that does not allow bikes or vehicles of a higher tonnage. Pakistan have controlled access expressways. More than in India I guess.

congratulations pakistan, ur roads are better than india's.

Controlled access doesn't mean for foreigners.:lol: Controlled access means roads that does not allow bikes or vehicles of a higher tonnage. Pakistan have controlled access expressways. More than in India I guess.

Okay, I misunderstood his post, But are you not negating your own argument by admitting the fact that Pakistan have more controlled access roads (I guess 12 times than Hindustan per capita) which makes road transport better in Pakistan. Same way traffic Index takes into account time and efficiency on roads which again Pakistan is better.

Oh dear, look what a bunch of foreigners have done.

In all reality, no one gives a flying duck what these Aussies have to say. Mind your own damn business.

There is a reason why Pakistan has been voting for people like Nawaz sharief.
No need to fight multidimensional poverty motorway,metro bus is much better
And then there are people on this forum not accepting reality
Ignorance is bliss.

Okay, I misunderstood his post, But are you not negating your own argument by admitting the fact that Pakistan have more controlled access roads (I guess 12 times than Hindustan per capita) which makes road transport better in Pakistan. Same way traffic Index takes into account time and efficiency on roads which again Pakistan is better.
No, I'm not saying that makes it any better. It is simply taking a type of road and then comparing it. That's why I gave you WEF road quality index to compare.

Besides, per capita numbers should be used where it is appropriate considering that, 1.3 billion people are not gonna use say 2000Km controlled access expressway.

They were in Thailand 8 months before this video. Anyway, their first impression of the Pakistani roads after crossing from India via Wagah shows they are pretty impressed.

The Aussie did talked about the the rising difference between the road quality in Pakistan to the neighboring country, it was more relaxed, was driving for two hrs, and the lane discipline and quality was impressive, his words.

They didn't talked about the food and hospitality which is awesome and better too...wait for the next episodes.

The Aussie did talked about the the rising difference between the road quality in Pakistan to the neighboring country, it was more relaxed, was driving for two hrs, and the lane discipline and quality was impressive, his words.

They didn't talked about the food and hospitality which is awesome and better too...wait for the next episodes.

The Aussies should have talked about rampant rape, Indian men stares i.e. bobs and vagene and extreme lack of hygiene in India. They were being extremely generous here.

Pakistan sanitation is a serious issue as evidenced by its infant mortality rate....if you know what the leading cause is in developing world for death within 1st year.

Swaach bharat program now has reached about 90% in India and independent vetted and praised by UNICEF...and will reach 100% fairly soon. Then what "neutralising" will you have?

Oops!! The same dude Carl Rock here talking about how the Roads/Motorways in Pakistan is so much better than neighboring India and Mc.Donald Beef Burger too, tasted terrible in India...he said.

No, I'm not saying that makes it any better. It is simply taking a type of road and then comparing it. That's why I gave you WEF road quality index to compare.

Besides, per capita numbers should be used where it is appropriate considering that, 1.3 billion people are not gonna use say 2000Km controlled access expressway.

WEF Index is not solely about quality of roads, extensiveness of road network plays big part in rating. As 95% of Pakistan's population live in 55% area of Pakistan - so Pakistan's score is less because of length of roads.

The Aussies should have talked about rampant rape, Indian men stares i.e. bobs and vagene and extreme lack of hygiene in India. They were being extremely generous here.

Too bad for Indian perverts...the girl was accompanied by her boyfriend, Indians missed the chance to grope and sexually harass her.

Yes, they talked about not just the quality of the road but the driving etiquette too--less horn blowing in Pakistan etc.

I am surprised seasoned travelers like them chose to compare with India. Bloggers are generally very careful. Heck, even Pakistani travel bloggers like Irfan Junejo reach out to Indian audience--after all, it's the viewership that counts! By their off the cuff remark about the road comparison, they have potentially alienated some Indian audience.

Fact is that both Pakistan and India have a very active You Tube unofficial campaigns against each other and Westerners are often the 'neutral' evidence. Indians milk Karl Rock's negative remarks about Pakistan while Pakistanis play up TravelLight's sexual harassment incident in India (which has 2.8 million views).

Anyway, this couple is on an epic trip. Very few human beings have taken trip from the downs of the Southeast Asia, through India, Pakistan to probably the western ends of europe. BTW, I am only guessing their past/future itinerary.

I think the lady is planning to take over the wheel at the Karakoram Highway. Please do post in the Pakistan Tourism section of this forum as you find out more... Thanks in Advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom